Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should there be a thread for the game and another for questions OOC?

Yes, two threads sounds good.
- 5 (83.3%)
Nah, leave it as is.
- 1 (16.7%)
Something else (post idea)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: 40K Roleplay Game ~ OOC  (Read 6577 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Idea for ~ 40K Roleplay Game ~
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2009, 04:47:20 am »

Is it possible to set up a multiple answer poll, or one where you can change your answer? Because I want to vote for Chaos, but I am the only one, and then orks will lose because I didn't vote for them and Space marines have numbers on their side...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
Re: Idea for ~ 40K Roleplay Game ~
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2009, 04:59:52 am »

ok setting up results in first post. I'll be taking your first answer for races

EDIT: I'm going to close entries as I'm only starting out, might get more people in latter. Also can everyone in vote for race
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 05:07:03 am by Metal Militia »
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 40K Roleplay Game ~ Voting for Army
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2009, 05:05:42 am »

I just checked with a topic I made. The button is on the bottom right, in same place as the "Mark Unread" button.

I vote for Marines or IG.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
Re: 40K Roleplay Game ~ Voting for Army
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2009, 05:07:30 am »

I just checked with a topic I made. The button is on the bottom right, in same place as the "Mark Unread" button.

I vote for Marines or IG.
Thanks.

Pick one of them

EDIT: Ok polls up, I left out Necrons and Tyranids as they don't talk much and tend to be ruled over by one person and I don't like GMing with (what appears to be) absoulte power over everything (like C'tan or Hive Tyrants)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 05:12:14 am by Metal Militia »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 40K Roleplay Game ~ Voting for Army ~ Polls up!
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2009, 05:18:29 am »

Aaargh, no, I voted for chaos, only now do I see the folly of it, being a living ball-and-chain would be so much cooler, ORK ORK ORK, DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2009, 08:14:28 am »

Go Orks go.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2009, 09:53:48 am »

IG, though Chaos could be fun too.

EDIT: Cultist/heretic guardsmen Chaos, not Chaos Marines, that is. Oh well, it doesn't matter anymore.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 12:33:50 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2009, 09:59:37 am »

Looks like we are Imperial Guards.

I'll get my torch, it'll be more use than a lasgun.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2009, 12:16:49 pm »

I'll start tomorrow.

Also IGs not so bad, I might get people as squad leaders.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2009, 05:28:10 pm »

[Sorry for double post.]

+++Departmento Munitorium Terminal+++

>Begin search: Planet Patria Major

+++Restricted Information, Please Comfirm Identification+++

>Override code - Beta Gamma 225-7G58/1985-TY_

+++Overide Code Acknowleged, Welcome Inquiseter Hulinev Linniter. Accessing Data, Standby+++

+++Patria Major:

System - Patrina
Classification - Hive/Industrial World
Population - <80,000,000,000
Information - Patria Major was founded in the Golden Age of Man, being setteled by one of the many colony ships to leave Mars. In the Age of Strife, the people of Patria Major had fared badly being raidind by Dark Eldar and Orks, but was able to hold back the tides with use of tanks and men. The world was then brought under Imperial control in the Great Crusade.

Patria Major is a Tier 2 Planet, able to sustain a large population. It's surface is covered in many mountains hills and is there for not ideal for Grox farming, food supplies are transpoted from Patria Minor, an agri world in the same system. But the planet has an abundance of raw materials in the mountains and is the main producer of arms for the sector. Also, the rugged terrain is used to train the native Imperial Guard Regiments.+++

>Begin search of Imperial Regiments:Tables of orginisation for the 18th Patrian Regement - Blue Company - Callsign 'Renders'_

+++Begining search...+++

[ok people, now time for characture creation. I wont bother around with stats (for the moment  ;)) so I want you to chose an Imperial Guard squad for your characture to command (no tanks, also named charactures from the codex are not allowed as well as command platoon) and then make up a back story and name. Any other relevant information you can think of post as well. when you have posted you character, I shall give you equipment choices.]

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2009, 06:06:28 pm »

Do we take them from the army list, or improvise?

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2009, 06:30:32 pm »

Squad: Storm Troopers, "Spearhead"; 10 Soldiers, 1 Officer w/Power Sword+Plasma Pistol
Officer Name: Hal Axium
Backstory: One of many Storm Trooper squads trained to fight and die in the spearheads of many attacks. Hal's predecessor, an extremely unimaginative man, thus named his squad "Spearhead."

Hal's team is comprised of veterans from as many as 4 campaigns, all remnants of now-destroyed squads. Hal takes pride in his creative solutions to plans, claiming that he can make it through any combat situation with a stick, a laspistol with half of a clip, and a hamster. Disputed records indicate that he has done this at least once.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2009, 08:25:47 pm »

As I say, I only really have fleeting contact with WH40k so I can't offer specifics, but if we are just picking a name then I always named my dawn of war army RAM's Raiders, lets see if I can remember the colour scheme...

As for back story, could I be a naive young guardsman from Patria Minor. Who, scared by the prospect of aliens rampaging across their homeworld, joined the guards to protect it? A member of an important enough family to be given a position as an officer but not particularly important to them as I am not set to inherit the business or any similar agricultural aristocracy matters...

Oh, and a squad of new recruits, with polished lasrifles, spotless uniforms, and wither a lot of luck or a lot of grief in the near future, probably both...
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 08:30:44 pm by RAM »
Read the First Post!

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2009, 10:39:19 pm »

Squad: 13th Rough Riders "Warp's Angles"; 8 rough riders, 1 sergeant with bolt pistol and hunting lance.
Officer (PC) Name: Marcus Rodgers.
Background: Marcus heads one of the few (few being relative) of the rough riders that occupy Patria Major. Because of the lack of actual horses on Patria, the squad elected to use motorcycles (do the IG have Attack Bike squads?) instead. it's rumored that Mark's personal bike was taken from a Ork Biker Nob, the head of whom is mounted on the front.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2009, 12:59:35 am »

Can I be either a grunt in someone else's squad or a scout of some kind? If not, I'll just go with a basic, lasgun and flack jacket squad named Garrison Squad 23 or something. As for character name, Lucas Derickson.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6