Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Releasing masters  (Read 613 times)

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Releasing masters
« on: November 23, 2009, 09:07:57 pm »

So I know that killing local leaders and kings reduces the number sieges you get, but what happens if you capture them in a cage and then release them? Will then run back to their fortress and prevent the sieges from stopping? I want the sieges to continue for the goblinite and for more victims for my dwarf vegas scheme, and I have several local leader weaponmasters in my cages right now.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Releasing masters
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 11:13:59 pm »

I can assure you that killing local leaders (and rulers, if they happen to be goblins rather than demons) does not decrease the size of sieges - due to the way they work, they're often the first ones to lead siege/ambush squads, and once the civ runs out of actual fighters (they tend to have longer names, are sometimes Guards, and often carry a bunch of trinkets with them), the game starts creating generic weapon masters to lead the siege squads.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 01:22:59 pm »

If you do release them, however, they will return to lead more squads. If you stripped them naked, they might not return with clothes or weapons.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 04:44:31 am »

If you do release them, however, they will return to lead more squads. If you stripped them naked, they might not return with clothes or weapons.
hehehehe....
new idea forming... must use it...
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!