Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Countries At War. Again.  (Read 5021 times)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: Countries At War. Again.
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2009, 06:30:59 pm »

Purchase 1 Heavy tanks(700)
Purchase 1 Fighter Bombers(700)
Purchase 8 Militia(800)
3 Light Infantry
2 Frigates

Attack Lesotho
 3 Militia
 2 Light infantry
 1 Fighter Bombers

Attack Namibia
 3 Militia
 1 Light infantry
 1 Heavy Tanks
 2 Frigates

Are there rules about upgrading, repairing, and moving units?
How much can one unit do in a turn?
Are there any options besides those listed, can we use propaganda and funding to start a friendly revolution to have an otherwise neutral nation lend military assistance against its neighbours?
Will we get to see the mechanics involved or do we just guess how good stuff is based upon its price?
South Africa doesn't get Militia due to previous membership of the British Commonwealth.
To upgrade, you pay the full price, to repair you only pay 50$ unless it is completely destroyed, then it can't be repaired. Ships can attack and move any where there is water. Planes need Carriers to move over water, but they can attack anywhere and move any where. Helicopters move 1 country per turn, like Armor. Infantry can move 2 countries per turn. Turns are about 3 months.

Updating...

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2009, 07:48:46 pm »

Can I annex Spain?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2009, 07:51:59 pm »

If you wish to go against 6 light tank brigades, maybe. But its controlled by Dwarmin, Captain Barbarossa.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 11:52:01 pm by Phantom »

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2009, 12:33:24 am »

Intro

Spoiler: GDI Newspaper (click to show/hide)
The GDI Commander throws the newspaper on his desk and looks at his view screen.
A GDI Mechanized force is seen patrolling through a devastated city.

"Remember Africa troops. Remember Africa..."

POST YOUR COMMANDS.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2009, 02:06:20 am »

I dont have any cash? :(
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2009, 02:45:31 am »

What are the rules for transport? I don't see a transport ship, so I assume land troops get across the oceans for free. How many planes can an aircraft carrier carry? One unit? Can you conquer a nation without infantry or tanks by blockading/bombarding it? I assume you can attack with things on the same turn you buy them since you haven't objected to RAM doing it.

Train one regular infantry unit ($300)
Build an aircraft carrier ($1000)
Build some fighta-bommas ($700)

Attack the Philippines with the regular infantry, aircraft carrier and fighter-bombers.

Attack the Solomon Islands with one light infantry and one frigate.

Attack Tonga with one light infantry and one frigate.

This should be easy. The Philippine military is occupied with internal threats, and, as far as I'm aware, the Solomon Islands don't even have a standing army. Unless this is some alternate universe. Which it probably is, given that Command and Conquer factions are present for no apparent reason.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2009, 03:46:42 am »

I shall purchase 2 Light Infantry units, 2 Regular Infantry units, 1 Light Tank unit and 1 Destroyer. I will attack Egypt with my 1 Light Tank unit and 3 Regular Infantry units, Cyprus with my Destroyer and Light Infantry, and Jordan with everything else.

Also, I wish to rename my country The Brotherhood of JEW. Peace through Power!
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2009, 04:41:55 am »

I'll buy 2 fighter-bombers and 2 Regular infantry.

So, question: does the resources have any use?

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2009, 04:56:11 am »

Resources make money every turn, money buys troops, troops capture resources... Beyond that I very much doubt it, but you can probably suggest something.

Speaking of which, I highly recommend having a system in place to handle people who don't post turns on time. If you always wait for everyone it can slow the game down so much that it just sort of dies from inactivity. If you just remove people from the game it can spoil the fun for its victims. Maybe have an automated turn system. Repeat the most recent purchase then move all troops towards the nearest neutral or hostile territory?
Should we have a turn limit? 22 hours since previous update? 46? 166?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2009, 05:00:56 am »

Spoiler: TURN (click to show/hide)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2009, 07:48:59 am »

A grainy television screen shows a the presidente address to the Spanish people. It's mostly incomprehensible, but whatever he is saying has clearly whipped the crowd into a frenzy. Cut to lines of tanks arranged in military parade...ships steaming out of port...stock footage of fighter jets taking off...

GDI intelligence indicated some kind of overnight internal coup had taken place. The Spanish military, battered by years of being caught in the crossfire of the Tiberium wars, had risen up and displaced its weak kneed leadership with an ultra nationalistic ruling party...they were calling themselves "Nuevo Imperio Español"...before the new Presidente had even warmed his seat, probing attacks had already begun to test France and Portugal's defenses...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 11:46:53 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2009, 11:31:43 am »

Spoiler: TURN (click to show/hide)
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2009, 11:45:30 am »

Not enough money to buy anything.

PS: I'll be gone until Sunday for thanksgiving. please hold?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2009, 11:52:43 am »

So, question: does the resources have any use?
Yeah, some.
Uranium allows you to make Ballistic Missiles and bombs. It also allows you to make Nuclear Reactors. So 50$ is added to your income if you build one because you don't have to check on the ordinary power plants. BUt it might become another Chernobyl.

You can set fire to Oil so 25% health of every faction is lost in the fire, including your own.
Precious Gems and high value metals can be used to persuade a country to do something.

Update coming soon...
Oh and you can also build bunkers, they add 50% to the health of whatever infantry is occupying that country. They are 500$.

Spoiler: More Research (click to show/hide)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2009, 12:13:32 pm »

Can I get clarification on research? For ex.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Is this the amount you spend every turn, and you get it in such and such amount of time, correct? Or is this a lump sum, that you meant to put in millions?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4