Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: World Domination: The RTSRPG type thing!  (Read 6201 times)

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
World Domination: The RTSRPG type thing!
« on: November 23, 2009, 04:55:02 pm »

Ok this is a quirky experiment I thought up.

Ok, you are a small Rebel faction that has successfully liberated it's Home territory in Crimea. You have a total of 10 tanks and 7,000 Militant Militias. You also have a group of 30 elite soldiers. Recently, The people of Crimea have wanted more land, more Resources and a bigger military. The only way you can do this is by invading more land off of your neighbors.

The rules:

* Each turn is 1 day long.

* The only way you can get money is through Taxes. You start up with an    average income of $400 a day. You can buy resources, weapons and technologies from other countries.

Starting Conditions:

Relationships;

Russia: Friendly (Trading)
Ukraine: Unfriendly (Trading)
EU: Neutral (No Trade Relations)

Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: World Domination: The RTSRPG type thing!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 04:59:15 pm »

It reminds me of Countries At War...

>Set up camp near Odessa with 3,000 Troops and 2 tanks.
Also what is the Arnament of the troops?

Contact the GDI Troops that took over Libya United States or UK and request FN FALs or AR-15s.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 05:02:02 pm by Phantom »

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 05:27:49 pm »

Yeah, I was working on that. I want it to be very accurate, to do this I am going to use Google Earth etc.

Your Land is the Republic of Crimea.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Your Militia are equipped with the old Favorite: AK-47 but use no Camouflage
The elites use AK-47 but have some Camouflage and are highly trained.

Your beginning Trade Routes are:

Yevpatoriya (Crimean Port) -> Odesa (Ukrainian) you get $30 a day from this route

Kerch (Crimean Main Military Port) -> Anapa (Small Russian Trading Port) You gain $45 a day from this route

Odessa is a port some miles away from the border/militant front line. You cannot attack this Port without some form of Navy or Airforce

Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 06:10:19 pm »

I meant send some troops to walk over there.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 07:28:00 pm »

Train more elites, send elites across the border to identify vulnerable targets.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 12:21:21 pm »

To train 10 Militias too Elite status is $100 for training and equipment. The process take 1 week. [Y/n]

Your nearest viable Target is the Ukrainian Town of Chervonyi Chaban. It has a mainly civilian population with a garrison of 30 Police Officers (approx). It takes 15 minutes to get there by Train from the nearest Crimean Town of Armiansk. Your entire military force is at Simferopol, the capital. It will take 1 day for the army to march from Simferopol to Armiask.

Chervony Chaban has a Civil Garrison of 30 Pcs. It has a military garrison of 0.
The nearest Town with a military garrison is Skadovs'k with one, fully manned, Krivak III frigate. It is manned by 180 Men. It can reach 15 Mp/h.
Skadovs'k is 101 miles from Simferopol. And 37 miles from Armiask

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 12:31:55 pm »

posting to track, might join at a later date.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 04:24:14 pm »

Better hurry up, the way it's going, we'll be buried before long

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2009, 04:35:54 pm »

ok then, yes to training, also do we have a contact with an arms dealer?

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2009, 04:44:13 pm »

You have spent $100 to train your soldiers. 10 Soldiers will not be able to move from Simferopol for 7 turns.

The main arms dealers:

* USA (Neutral)

* China (Neutral)

* Russia (Friendly)

you can also contact the factory near Perekop. You could turn them into a Arms manufacturer for $400, but you would also need to find the resources to make the weapons with.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2009, 06:14:44 pm »

>Contact the Chinese and USA and promise them Oil in exhange for Armor, Support, And Weapons.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2009, 08:12:54 pm »

Oh for crying out loud, we have enough problems without inviting the CIA over...

Explore the possibility of purchasing recent aircraft and tank technology from Russia.

Run elite troops through drills to sneak to and capture a fully manned, Krivak III frigate. Get assessment of likelihood of success and casualties.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2009, 08:17:43 pm »

At least get something from the Chinese.

I have an idea. Russia for all aircraft related goals. We buy their Sukhois.
China for all Armor related goals. We buy any of their T series tanks.
And the US for arms and ordinary vehicles.
We promise to help their situation in the Middle East.
Promise China the oil in Venezuela and other Oil rich places.
And Promise Russia some land.
And then we CRUSH THEM with Apocalypse tanks.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2009, 05:17:41 am »

meh I'd get arms and aircraft from russia (also see about hireing some of there eliet (schpicz? Or something) troops so that we could use them in a combined takeover of the crusier)

China I'd get some tanks and also some cheap labour later on when we have a money to build factories.

USA... Prostectors for finding raw materials?

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2009, 11:24:19 am »

arms from russia. definatley. also: we do not want cia in our contry.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5