Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 36

Author Topic: Horrible Role Mafia - FoS Brigade? - Mafia Win  (Read 44488 times)

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
Re: Horrible Role Mafia - Day One - The Mafia Has Eyes
« Reply #255 on: January 28, 2010, 03:17:41 pm »

The previous votecount is correct.
Are you pulling stuff on us?
EDIT: (before y'all freak out, it was a formating edit: I botched a quote)
You say this, but the reason for the rule is we have no way to easily verify it.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 28, 2010, 04:03:49 pm »

Going to die in a hour and nobody looks to threaten the great god Meph.

Let's just say I'm sorry Town for being foolishly trapped.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 28, 2010, 04:06:04 pm »

Vector: You're defending Toony now. Furthermore, the "ter" that makes "interdependently" the antonym of "independently" is beyond the pale of "typographical error". Also it fits with the pattern of him writing patently, on-their-face trivially FALSE STATEMENTS. There are at least four or five now.

To rephrase my question(s) so that you can perhaps understand it, though I no longer have any expectation of getting a meaningful answer from you, "What evidence would you use to suggest that you're scum?"
the second time "What evidence...town?" though you did seem to pass that one.

Incorrect, I want him lynched.  Attacking one of his attackers (oh, I'm sorry... extensive FoSers) who has a history of trying to nail people with ridiculously flimsy arguments does not mean that I don't want him dead.

By the way, there's a lot of one-key errors that will give you "interdependently" at the top of the Firefox spellchecker.  Your major scumtell is a desire to call everything hypocrisy and lies; as such, I'm trying to catch you at it, no matter who you're attacking at the time.

And, now that I finally understand your questions (apologies all around), here's the argument I'd lay on myself if I were trying to prove myself scum:

There you are.  The most I can get myself on is consistent emotional appeals and buddying.  Go for it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 28, 2010, 04:10:47 pm »

Oh, you mean that thing way back when?

I didn't see the interdependently, I guess Firefox spelled checked it wrong.  I meant to say independently both times.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #259 on: January 28, 2010, 04:42:57 pm »

With 20 minutes, I reckon the only thing I can do is apologize for my lurking. I'm a very unlucky person, but I have good news. I can try to get my problems solved tommorow. If I do, I can charge through the pages and work out who's scum.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 28, 2010, 04:50:49 pm »

You can ask for an extension. That'll be three people with none against so we should get one.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 28, 2010, 04:56:39 pm »

Sure, Extension.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #262 on: January 28, 2010, 05:05:24 pm »

Well... I thought the town was a little burned out... but I may be mixing up my games.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 28, 2010, 05:45:01 pm »

Well, I'm officially dead now.

Nice job ExKirby with your definite reasoning.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 28, 2010, 05:50:37 pm »

3 extension requests heard with no objections/ shortening requests.  Time has been warped backwards 24 hours.

Deadline tomorrow around 10pm GMT+0.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 28, 2010, 06:14:19 pm »

Complete roleflips?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 28, 2010, 06:14:58 pm »

Players will roleflip rolename + alignment + abilities on death

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 28, 2010, 06:37:59 pm »

->OBJECTION!<-
I mean, Extension!

On to the case of Toony versus Town:
Does it not make sense to redirect our lynch from Toony, and at least give him a day to verify himself? Do we not want as many living allies as possible? Moreover, if his role is as stated, we would get to keep powers around after people died. Look at your role, and think if it would be useful to have around after the event that you died. For instance, if nothing else, mine can be used tactically, and would still be of some benefit to town were I to die.

In short, the lynch case on him seems misguided to me, and we would better spend our votes on any of the lurkers, questionably logical people, and/or bandwagoners.

The defense rests.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 28, 2010, 06:49:49 pm »

In short, the lynch case on him seems misguided to me, and we would better spend our votes on any of the lurkers, questionably logical people, and/or bandwagoners.

The defense rests.

I'd say he's sufficiently 'questionably logical' to warrant lynching.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 28, 2010, 06:50:41 pm »

->OBJECTION!<-
I mean, Extension!

On to the case of Toony versus Town:
Does it not make sense to redirect our lynch from Toony, and at least give him a day to verify himself? Do we not want as many living allies as possible? Moreover, if his role is as stated, we would get to keep powers around after people died. Look at your role, and think if it would be useful to have around after the event that you died. For instance, if nothing else, mine can be used tactically, and would still be of some benefit to town were I to die.

The defense rests.

Proofing I have a role doesn't proof my alignment.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 36