Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 36

Author Topic: Horrible Role Mafia - FoS Brigade? - Mafia Win  (Read 44421 times)

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
Re: Horrible Role Mafia - Day Three - Marco Polo?
« Reply #480 on: February 24, 2010, 04:25:37 pm »

and your role claim does nothing to say that you're town.

At this point, I'm pretty sure you're scum. But since I can't unvote, and we're at lylo, I'll give you until tomorrow morning to prove otherwise.

A meaningless threat, to be sure.

But my roleclaim should lend SOME credence to town-ness. "The Rampage" sounds like it would be 'ery bad for town. You might e'en say horrible.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: February 24, 2010, 04:33:29 pm »

Not sure what you mean by 'meaningless threat'.

As for 'The Rampage', I'm not sure that means much. Yes, if you are town, that would probably be bad for the town. If you are scum, it's probably bad for the scum as well. Since you don't sound like you know what they do it's a safe bet that most or all of them have downsides that scum might not want to use. Especially since they seem to have the upper hand at this point.

So, no, I don't feel that your role claim does much to clear you.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: February 24, 2010, 04:47:07 pm »

Oh, sorry, I thought you'd already voted me today, which would make your ultimatum meaningless. If you had, and no bandwagon formed, it'd guarantee either you or I were scum, assuming everyone has a vote- since you can't unvote, the scum could dogpile with no fear of being lynched, since they'd control it.

Not much, but "nothing" is different from "not much". :P

Your power is worse for town than for mafia, but it's bad enough for either.

Dak: It's a hell of a lot less true in Lylo. That said, trying new stuff in lylo is...antitown of itself, since you're risking your side, not merely your own life.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
Tilesets

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: February 24, 2010, 05:45:38 pm »

If you are trying out tactics on how not to be lynched.. you've shot yourself in the foot.
not to avoid getting lynched, just a new way of expressing myself instead of throwing the first that come to mind out.

The problem is the entire concept behind it: trying NOT to get lynched is exactly the goal of scum and exactly NOT the goal of the town.  Yes, Mafia would like to lynch someone in particular at times.  Yes, Townies don't like being lynched.  However, the true aim of Town isn't to live the day but to lynch the right person.

And proving you are not the right person is part of that.

I don't know what the particulars of your new tactic are but I don't see very much actually trying to find scum in it, and without that, you'll NEVER look town.  It's sort of like saying "what's a good way to look innocent", while trying to steal a bank.
It's a new way of saying things. That is all.

I'll give you this question:  After 3 game days and all of your actions and events, who, are you able to name at least one person who you believe is scum?

I personally think CK is most likely to be scum, as from what I remember of her it role seems more horrible for the scum than for the town. But annoyingly I can't find where she roleclaimed. I also think Panda could be, because his 'post restriction' sounds a bit forced in my opinion.

I'm going to go with CobaltKobold though. CK: Could you repost the actions that you can still do please, I want to look at them again.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I Am Ayimuzus Ihurah. I have six one-shot night abilities, all unblockable and unaffected by my death that night that do something to everything. While I have them, I must use one per night.
The abilities used: Desert Island Syndrome(N1), The Day of Sagittarius(N2)
unused: The Rampage(sounds dangerous), Endless Eight(the town couldn't possibly last eight pre-modifier days if my guess is right, but then it seems like each day has done this so far), The Wavering, The Dissociation(both these sound like voting penalties).
If I remember last I saw this(BYORPE), the Wavering and the Dissociation (or similar words) did nothing, but that's unlikely to mean anything at all.
Tilesets

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: February 24, 2010, 10:51:29 pm »

Ok, so how does that become more anti scum than anti-town?

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: February 25, 2010, 02:26:07 pm »

To me the Wavering sounds like it will affect a side (town or scum), making them weaker in someway. Wavering suggests some sort of cowardliness, so maybe a mass roleblock?

Dissociation sounds like it causes someone to change sides, or maybe start a new survivor side? This would have to affect a towny, as it would be too detrimental to the mafia. Although, this is Horrible role.

Endless Eight: This is a link to infinity. The symbol for infinity being an eight lying on it's side and it being the biggest thing. No idea what it would actually do though.

I think the rampage will either affect someone or everyone, and will probably cause a lot of deaths. If only one person then perhaps the must do a kill each night like the regular psychopath role maybe. Or it could affect everyone and maybe cause all actions to be a kill instead of what they were intended to be.

I would want to lynch you as town for these, as they just seem plain dangerous to the town and as scum I'd want to lynch you, since you're scum.

But I'm willing to bet that you are scum.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: February 25, 2010, 03:23:24 pm »

All right, I don't think we have that much time left in the day so I need to vote.

I'm going to have to go with CobaltKobold. She's been passive and only weakly attacking and defending the entire game, and she's posted a lot of filler posts that didn't really say anything. Finally, when asked to give me some evidence that she's not scum all she can come up with is that her role is not Obviously Scum. Which, really, doesn't help much.

So, that's it.

All I can do now is sit and hope I'm right.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: February 25, 2010, 03:29:26 pm »

Quote from: The Good Kind of Democracy
Cobaltkobold: Pandarsenic, Eduren, Mephansteras, Kashyyk
Mephansteras: CobaltKobold
Kashyyk: Dakarian
Not voting: Solifuge

Deadline tonight at about 10pm GMT+0.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: February 25, 2010, 04:18:17 pm »

In the event that I'm netless tonight, The scum-tells on Kashyyk outweigh those on CobaltKobold. Here's hoping we hit a mark.

Vote Count Pls? Got to make sure if we can swing this, or if it's going to end in a big fat Tie Die... In that, if we tie on our targets, we die.

P.S. I am a pun-master.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: February 25, 2010, 04:32:44 pm »

Extension requests are available, but I can't remember which line I'm up to.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: February 25, 2010, 04:47:32 pm »

I won't vote against an extension if someone wants one. But, really, day three has gone on now for I think a week with only sporadic participation. I'm not sure we're going to get much more out of people at this point.
Come play Mafia with us!

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: February 25, 2010, 10:21:48 pm »

I won't vote against an extension if someone wants one. But, really, day three has gone on now for I think a week with only sporadic participation. I'm not sure we're going to get much more out of people at this point.
Also, there are four people voting me. Would need to sway one off me.
Kashyyk to further the town's cause.

What clock is Leafy using? 10PM Zulu was half an hour BEFORE his post by my count.
correction, 1.5H after. So yeah. I expected to be on earlier; when I wasn't, I expected to be dead.
Tilesets

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: February 26, 2010, 01:02:36 pm »

Sorry about missing it yesterday.  Forgot while playing Dungeon Crawl and then collapsed into bed.

Anyway, final votecount:
Quote from: Is this the end?
Cobaltkobold: Pandarsenic, Eduren, Mephansteras, Kashyyk
Kashyyk: Dakarian, Solifuge, CobaltKobold

Scene coming soon.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Horrible Role Mafia - FoS Brigade? - Game Over
« Reply #494 on: February 26, 2010, 04:28:22 pm »

You surround CobaltKobold, having decided that she will be the one to die today!  As you approach her, however, you hear her giggle softly.

"Hehe... you know you can't lynch me, right?"
"Yeah right!" says Mephansteras, "This is a town for people who have been thrown out of their own towns for being useless!  How could you possibly be immune to lynches?"
CobaltKobold says nothing and merely smiles as reality begins to bend.  You look up in shock to see that the votecount is already changing!  Perhaps CobaltKobold was telling the truth after all!?
Quote from: Ultra Votecount
Cobaltkobold: Pandarsenic, Eduren, Mephansteras, Kashyyk, dakarian, Solifuge, CobaltKobold
"Goddamnit!" shouts CobaltKobold, "Why does this ALWAYS happen to me?"  A bolt of lightning streaks down through the sky and kills CobaltKobold on the spot!  As she falls, you feel the fog of confusion rise from your minds!
You are Ayimuzus Ihurah.  Every night you must use one of the following abilities.  Each ability will do something globally effective, but you won't know what.

The Rampage
Endless Eight
The Wavering
The Dissociation
Desert Island Syndrome
The Day of Sagittarius
This also tells you that she was town aligned!  This isn't good!

However, before you've even finished checking the body, Kashyyk begins making a scene!
"How DARE you vote for me, dakarian, Solifuge and CobaltKobold!  Isn't it OBVIOUS that I'm town?"
There is no reply - complaining about votes received in the day afterwards is highly unusual.  You're also pretty sure it breaches some form of mob related ettiquette.
"I mean, I'm actually not town... but still!  You shouldn't've voted me!"
You look at Kashyyk in a confused manner as he begins to realise his mistake.
"What... did I... oh... DAMN!"
A small discussion begins about whether it's possible to have two lynches in one day, and, if it is, why you didn't do that earlier.  However, as you turn back to Kashyyk, it turns out the discussion was unnecessary, as he's already driven a katana through his stomach.  He was mafia aligned... you guess?
You are a Mafia Voteaphobe.  You hate having people vote against you.  How could they!?  You're clearly not scum!  Well, you are scum, but that's besides the point!

If you have any votes on you at the end of the day you will die.
"Like, OMG!" shouts Pandarsenic.  "We've, like, already won!  Why did you stab him like that, Mephansteras!?!?"
Mephansteras sighs.  "I've told you not to refer to me by name before... idiot.  Anyway, he revealed himself to be mafia when I TOLD HIM NOT TO.  He deserved death for that."
"BUT... It, like, doesn't matter!  We, like win!  Awesome!  I'm gonna tell all my friends!"
It seems that Pandarsenic is some kind of mafia aligned Gossipy Mafia Idiot!
You are a Gossipy Mafia Idiot.

OH MY GOSH!!!  BEING PART OF THE MAFIA IS, LIKE, SO AWESOME!  SO AWESOME YOU HAVE TO TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT YOUR PARTNERS!!

Oh wait... they can't know, can they?  Oh well, just make sure the names of BUDDY1 and BUDDY2 appear in all of your posts.  You can include other names too.

Credit for this role goes to RedWarrior0.

"Pah..." says the Overassertive Mafia Guy, "I said I would kill you if you revealed who we were but... these townies need dealing with first."
You are absolutely an Overassertive Mafia Guy.  Unvoting is for pathetic, weak willed people.  You don't need unvoting!  In fact, you don't need it so much that you can't unvote at all!  That'll show 'em!

If you attempt to unvote, you will receive a warning.  Receive two warnings and you will be modkilled.

Eduren attempts to run, but he is rooted to the spot!  It seems that he was a Rather Sticky Voter, and can't even lift his feet from the ground to escape the club that Mephansteras brings crashing down on his head!
You are a Rather Sticky Voter.  You are town aligned.

Sick of having the mayor repeatedly killed off, you have migrated to a new town from the old town of Vote Mafia.  You thought that there wouldn't be any of this nonsense about democratic murder.

Unfortunately, it would seem that another sick game is playing out here... oh well, no rest for the townies.

You are pretty sticky.  If someone votes for you and unvotes, their vote remains on you anyway and cannot be changed.

Solifuge jumps into her Really Mad Escape Pod, but seems to have forgotten the nature of her inventions!  A large explosion saves Pandarsenic the trouble of killing her.
You are a Really Mad Inventor.  You are town aligned.

You feel like you have to give away your super useful inventions every night!  Non town players will not be able to use your "inventions".  You were unfortunately kicked out of your last town for accidentally blowing up your laboratory (quite an impressive feat, as you were testing rates of photosynthesis at the time).

You must give a player one of these inventions every night.  You can use each invention once.  When you get to night 5, you will no longer have to give away inventions.

Wimpifier: That player now has no vote!
Skulkifier: That player now dies if they are visited in the night!
Amplifier: That player will now take one less vote to lynch!
Uzusifier: Erm... you're not sure, really.  Some kind of global ability, perhaps?

"We won!" says Mephansteras, "We will build a new town on the founding principles of corruption and immorality!  We will never forgot Kashyyk's heroic sacrifice, and we will live in luxury forever!"
"Actually" says Dakarian, with his eyes glowing brightly, "I'm still here!  Turns out I can talk though this guy even though I'm dead!  Pretty sweet, huh?"
You are a Voodoo Medium.  You are town aligned.

You can communicate with the dead.  Actually... that's not quite it.  The dead can channel themselves through you.  And you can't control it.  And generally only evil souls can do this.

Once per day, with at least 48 hours remaining till deadline, every dead mafia member can send you one pm (they will be told of this ability in dead chat).  You must post the exact contents of the pm in a post on the thread.  You cannot put it in quotes or modify it in any way.
Mephansteras shoots dakarian in the head, and begins making plans for the memorial to Kashyyk, their heroic fallen comrade, who bravely sacrificed himself by blocking a katana with his stomach.

Game over.  Mafia scum Pandarsenic, Mephansteras and Kashyyk win!

More details coming soon.  Quick summary:
(Mostly) Reformed Psychopath:   Vector
Ayimuzus Ihurah:   CobaltKobold
Gossipy Mafia Idiot:   Pandarsenic
Great Samaritan:   Nirur Torir
Mafia Voteaphobe:   Kashyyk
Overassertive Mafia Guy:   Mephansteras
Rather Sticky Voter:   Eduren
Really Mad Inventor:   solifuge
Sonambulist:   Apostolic Nihilist
Substitute:   ToonyMan
Suicidal Music Loving Survivor:   RedWarrior0