Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 36

Author Topic: Horrible Role Mafia - FoS Brigade? - Mafia Win  (Read 44449 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Horrible Role Mafia - Day Two - Jolly Blue Giant
« Reply #390 on: February 09, 2010, 01:50:33 pm »

My gut says CK, but I can't figure out why.

I just can't seem to get a scum read on anyone, and questioning is unlikely to result in much now that my 'empty' vote is a known factor.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 09, 2010, 06:12:06 pm »

*pokes the dusk*
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 09, 2010, 06:14:57 pm »

Yeah, sorry.  Day finished.  Flavour coming soon.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Horrible Role Mafia - Night Two - No Lynch All Lurkers
« Reply #393 on: February 09, 2010, 06:30:32 pm »

You take a look at the final votecount.  As you do, the tablet reveals its horrible role, and crumbles to dust.  Ah well.  You'll sure you'll get votecounts somehow.
Solifuge: Mephansteras, ExKirby
Eduren: Nirur Torir
ExKirby: Solifuge
No Lynch: CobaltKobold
The outcome is obviously a tie, and thus No Lynch.  You do not stop to question why or how.  All you know is that No Lynch has been reached, and, goddamnit, no lynch is what's gonna happen.  Screw these gaming abstractions.

You go to bed hoping tonight won't be quite so chaotic.

It is now night 2.  Those with night actions send them in.  Post haste.

Survivors:
Pandarsenic
Nirur Torir
Eduren
ExKirby
Mephansteras
Solifuge
Kashyyk
CobaltKobold

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Horrible Role Mafia - Day Three - Marco Polo?
« Reply #394 on: February 12, 2010, 11:15:07 am »

You wake up, but find that a haze of confusion has descended over everything.  You can feel it pressing at your minds, preventing you from discovering the truth.  You can, however, see that Nirur Torir is not among you.  You head to his house, but the fog of war prevents you from discovering his alignment or his identity.  You can tell, however, that he was shot.

Survivors:
Pandarsenic
Eduren
ExKirby
Mephansteras
Solifuge
Kashyyk
CobaltKobold

Deadline is on thursday.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 12, 2010, 11:41:42 am »

Capricious fate! What cru'el will you show
When guns ring silent through the passing night
As one by one we, lynched or murdered, go
And with each death, more dark becomes our plight.

A plot, concieved in desperations hour,
Thought to unmake the murderer's disguise,
But breaking curfew made this plan go sour,
With me now left, amidst my bluffs and lies.

And yet, I feel the murder on night two,
Should have been me, Nirur Torir, not you.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 12, 2010, 12:49:59 pm »

Pms sent in the night.  If any of these pms are seen to have a large affect on the game, you can raise the issue with me privately.
Quote from: Solifuge to ExKirby
Merry Christmas. Hope you enjoy your present!
...BTW, if I die tonight, you die too. Isn't that grand?

*skips off, cackling*
Quote from: Solifuge to CobaltKobold
Sorry to do this on a whim, but it's for insurance reasons, and you're my #1 suspect.
With this one, you and me die together. Isn't that grand?

*skips off, cackling*
Quote from: Solifuge to Nirur Torir
Alright. You've shown that you're about 85% trustworthy, and since you already have a night-based power, I'm willing to bank on it. As such I'm going to need to rely on you for a last-ditch gambit.

I'm counting on dying tonight, but I've set up a scenario with my power that should out at least 1 Scum on Day 3. If I'm alive tomorrow, either ExKirby or CobaltKobold are Scum, but not both of them. If I am dead, then either they both are Scum, or they both are Town.

The reason we can deduce this is because both of them received PMs that I attached a machine to them, which will kill them if I die tonight. This is only a partial bluff; a machine was, indeed, attached to ExKirby. It will kill him if he is ever targeted by a night ability.

As such, I need you to give him your vote, which will kill him. We can use his role-flip the next Day, and whether or not I am dead to deduce if CobaltKobold was in cahoots with him or not: If they're both Scum, they'll share information about the PMs, and realize it was a bluff. If only one are Scum, they'll most likely take the bait and kill someone else to preserve themselves. Of the two, I'm pretty sure he is Scum. I don't know about CK though.

Anyway, I can't pull this off without your backup. If you'd like the insurance, I will send a simple message to a suspected neutral party that "The thing that Nirur will say tomorrow is true. Don't show publicly that you trust him, until the Scum try to get him lynched. If he is dead tomorrow morning instead of me, I will explain everything."

Sound good to you?

P.S. My suspects for Scum are anyone that claim to have a Day power, such as Mephansteras' "Overconfident Guy", ExKirby's "Voodoo Medium", and maybe Eduren's "Sticky Voter". Though the power checks out, I suspect that it is a "Horrible Scum Role", much like a "Horrible Town Role".

P.P.S. There is a check in place, just in case you're Scum. It'll muck up the Scum Detection plan, but will at least out your allegiance. It also leaves me dead, so please don't be Scum. :P
Quote from: Solifuge to Kashyyk
I don't need to have your trust, nor do you have to trust me for this to work. All you need to do is know this.

When I am dead tomorrow, the thing that a lurker will say on my behalf will be true. You will recognize it when it is said. Don't show publicly that you trust the lurker, until another player makes a move against them, possibly to lynch. Whatever you do, do NOT accuse this lurker, or it will render this plan useless to Town.

The first players to vote against the lurker will most likely be Scum. Inform the one lurker of this for me, if they haven't already realized it. However, if neither of the players with machines attached to them died of fright last night, then the lurker is actually Scum. This is unlikely to occur.

Also, if I am alive tomorrow, I will explain the relevant details. This is a contingency, anticipating my death. So long as I die tonight, Town will win.

Last, if it is proven that the lurker who speaks on my behalf is trustworthy following the above guidance, reveal your role to them in private. If they are proven distrustworthy, make a public roleclaim: it need not be true, but truth might save you.

This message isn't important for now, and will be useless to Scum. It will be important tomorrow.
One last thing: If Kashykk votes against you tomorrow after you come forward with this info, then (s)he is Scum. If (s)he doesn't, (s)he may or may not be.

Okay, I've given the Mafia a plate full of crisscrossing WIFOM to trip them up, and the town a knot that leads to the truth. A job well done, I should say. That, or I hopelessly Obfuscated the entire game, and Town loses.

Either way, it'll be fun!
Quote from: ExKirby to Solifuge
Mother of all bitches, you bitch. You are most surely scum.
Wait up one sec on giving your vote to ExKirby. He might be clean.

I'mma bluff a bit more, just to make sure he's the most likely target.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 12, 2010, 01:24:17 pm »

...Awkward.

Also, extremely embarrasing. I totally win at basic reading comprehension, and not ruining everything. Were it not mylo, I would gladly off myself out of shame right now.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 12, 2010, 01:48:46 pm »

Eh, that's all right.

It does effect things, though, since we can pretty much assume that since you *didn't* die that the scum got your PMs during the night.

Which means that ExKirby or CobaltKobold are probably scum (although ExKirby's response does lead away from that).

I'm pretty sure that Niur was town at this point, since only one person died last night and his actions yesterday indicated that he was town. The 'fog of war' makes it possible that he was scum, but we should assume that we've still got 3 scum to deal with. So we're still at mylo!

Does your PM to Kashyyk mean that you think he's probably town?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 12, 2010, 03:18:19 pm »

Everyone was instructed to disregard everything the PMs said. I also thought I was going to be modkilled as well, but I wasn't, and I'm hoping that people that were going to kill me didn't decide not to on either basis.

Also, I don't have a definite for any of those players, as far as what my thinking was. I meant to create a scenario where they would out one another by their action/inaction, in sort of a 4-person series of logical deductions.

As for Nirur, I think he might have been one of the "Non-Town" people that Leaf wasn't at liberty to mention.

Queary: Who was approached by Nirur Torir with a free vote last night?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: February 12, 2010, 03:20:43 pm »

Hmmm, ok, if everyone actually did disregard your PMs then I suppose we can't go off of that. Hard to know for sure, of course, but I prefer to assume that everyone is playing the game in good faith.

And I did not get approached by Niur last night.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 12, 2010, 03:56:59 pm »

Cobalt appears in an orange seifuku, over black short-sleeved buttoned shirt, wearing a broad green armband.
It is LYLO and the Day of Sagittarius.

So how do you think the "tie" happened yesterday? clearly nobody's doublevoter as that is not a horrible role. I'm betting on Exkirby or Mephansteras being nonvoter scum.

Unless someone can deduce the effect of ability "Desert Island Syndrome".

Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
Tilesets

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 12, 2010, 04:00:54 pm »

Oh, and my roleclaim. I'm a Good Samaritan. I give my vote away to somebody else, granting them two votes for a day. Last night I gave it to Solifuge.

If Solifuge was scum, the mafia could have overpowered us.

Solifuge voted for ExKirby. So, two-two would give us a tie.
Come play Mafia with us!

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 12, 2010, 04:05:30 pm »

...Oh. Right.
Tilesets

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 12, 2010, 09:56:30 pm »

Soli, I don't quite understand what your plan was.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 36