Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 36

Author Topic: Horrible Role Mafia - FoS Brigade? - Mafia Win  (Read 44455 times)

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
Re: Horrible Role Mafia - Day Two - Jolly Blue Giant
« Reply #300 on: February 02, 2010, 07:48:43 pm »

Ok...looks like 'ector targeted AN, mafia killed 'ector, and RW0 suicided.

I was fully expecting to wake up dead from giant-smash from the PM's look...

Day 2 Lylo? Rough.

I think I have the most normal role here, though it confuses me. going to need to look through again to get a good read. Thankful for the 4-day days..which, it looks like, actually are going to not get weekend-extended this go. Should be busy today probably, so yeah.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 02, 2010, 09:10:55 pm »

I forgot about that after the extended night. Unvote.

CobaltKobold, do you think there might be any roles forcing an odd post requirement?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Horrible Role Mafia - Day One - The Mafia Has Eyes
« Reply #302 on: February 02, 2010, 09:53:22 pm »

Solifuge: Why didn't you vote for anyone yesterday?

Because...
...I am nigh certain that ToonyMan isn't Scum, and has been falsely accused and subsequently dogpiled.

I also can't fight a tide of arguments, even if they seem to be looking less to prove WHO we should lynch, and more to prove why we should specifically lynch HIM. Truely, Scum Tells mean very little as a rubric for judging who to vote against, as it is subjective to opinion and emotion, impossible to verify, and easily twisted by Scum as something to hide your lynch movements behind. Moreover, how a player is acting depends on innumerable minor details which we can never know, and thus is imprecise at best, and outright wrong at worst.

Even so, it is all we have to go on at this juncture. I don't feel I've had adequate time to get solid reads on anyone, nor do I feel as though my vote would really do anything against the rising tide versus Toonyman. As such, I'll sit out this round. Here's hoping the night brings more evidence.

Surprise Surprise!
The obligatory post-lynch examination causes you to conclude that he was a Substitute.  After the most exhaustive background check that can be performed in five minutes, you also deduce that he was town aligned.

You go to bed, wondering why he felt this ability was such a handicap.

After he claimed and described his role, he seemed as though he would become the most powerful town ally, and would preserve all our lost powers. That any one in town voted to lynch him after his claim is ridiculous to me... and you were one of the ringleaders Mephansteras. If you try to spin this as a lynch on me now, you'll have some serious 'splaining to do.

P.S. I may or may not have been responsible for the blue giant incident. *coughs a few times*

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
Re: Horrible Role Mafia - Day One - The Mafia Has Eyes
« Reply #303 on: February 02, 2010, 10:08:36 pm »

After he claimed and described his role, he seemed as though he would become the most powerful town ally, and would preserve all our lost powers. That any one in town voted to lynch him after his claim is ridiculous to me... and you were one of the ringleaders Mephansteras. If you try to spin this as a lynch on me now, you'll have some serious 'splaining to do.

P.S. I may or may not have been responsible for the blue giant incident. *coughs a few times*
First of all, his claim didn't match his actions. That made it hard to beleive.
Second, you are focusing way too much on power roles.

Lets look at what would have happened had Toony been alive today. He would have TWO suicide conditions and would be forced to kill townies. Do you honestly believe that he could have been the most powerful player in the game?!? This was to be expected, even yesterday since this game is called "Horrible Role". We now know for sure that Toony could have been nothing but useless as far as "powers" are concerned.

He was, however, acting very scummy and was a reasonable first lynch. Your argument that he should have been preserved no matter how scummy he acted is idiotic at best. But now you are using it to lead a lynch on Meph?

Solifuge, explain yourself.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 02, 2010, 10:10:34 pm »

Not to mention he would have become a Survivor!
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 02, 2010, 10:31:00 pm »

Hold on to your haberdashery: what is there to explain? I'm in no way leading a lynch on Meph... I'm defending myself against a lynch he's trying to lead on me. There is a difference. A big one.

My argument for lynching someone other than Toony was based on an assessment of his dangerousness to the town. I didn't agree with the bandwagon against him, and lo and behold I was right. But lets lynch the person who's trying to lynch the scum instead of the town, eh? I did not approve of the ToonyMan bandwagon, and I don't approve of bandwagoning now.

Also, to Vector's killer, please let me know if you recovered it or not.

Not to mention he would have become a Survivor!

His role stated that he inherited powers, not alignment.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 02, 2010, 10:40:43 pm »

That any one in town voted to lynch him after his claim is ridiculous to me... and you were one of the ringleaders Mephansteras.
You have painted those behind the Toony lynch as scum. Specifically Meph.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 02, 2010, 11:51:02 pm »

Yes, I was trying to get Toony lynched yesterday. He was acting extremely anti-town, and the power he claimed wasn't something that screamed town to me. Could have been any alignment. So, no, I didn't think that his claim should have made me change my vote when everything else he did and said screamed scum to me.

I was wrong, yes, but if he'd had done *anything* to prove himself I might have backed off. Like, explain why he was voting me with some actual reason instead of incorrectly using mafia terms.

And you're acting awfully defensive for someone that I FoS'd. You and Cobalt were the two that struck me as most suspicious from my scan. What makes you think I'm trying to start a bandwagon on you? I haven't even voted you yet!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 03, 2010, 12:34:58 am »

I'm the first one put on the chopping block on Day 2, and thanks to that FoS, I've already got a vote. Naturally, I'm going to be a bit defensive. <_<

I'd rather like us to kill scum rather than town today, since we're down by 3 and a half already.

For starters, I'd like some clarification about last night. That blue giant thing might have been me, but I actually can't be sure. If anyone else has clues (I was stomped into the ground, and "killed") that might hint that it wasn't me, then I did something else, and I may be able to deduce what this was. It'd probably be good to know.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 03, 2010, 02:47:08 am »

CobaltKobold, do you think there might be any roles forcing an odd post requirement?
Nothing's yet suggested it to me. I'll remember to keep it in mind when I look at the ...day one. :(
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 03, 2010, 10:45:45 am »

CK: Vector posted the first thing today, and it was a poem. The same thing happened on the first day, with Nirur Torir. It may be some variety of conspiricy, random happenstance, or who knows... but it happened.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 03, 2010, 11:30:40 am »

Clarification: ToonyMan's alignment would remain town regardless of what abilities he picked up.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 03, 2010, 02:12:56 pm »

I'm trying to think of what sorts of horrible roles Mafia might have. If I was the GM, I would have included a "no lying" role.

There's a very easy test for this, of course. Everybody, very clearly state which side you're on.

I'm a townie.

Those who still need to claim:
ToonyMan
Pandarsenic
Nirur Torir
Eduren
ExKirby
Mephansteras
Solifuge
Kashyyk
CobaltKobold

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 03, 2010, 02:14:11 pm »

I'm a townie.

It'll be hilarious if you're right, Nirur! :)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 03, 2010, 02:19:13 pm »

Good call, and definitely worth testing. I'm a townie.

We may also want to say "I'm not Scum" to catch any townies with nebulous roles, or contrary win conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 36