Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: And so the Dwarven Caravan comes...  (Read 1767 times)

A-chana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: And so the Dwarven Caravan comes...
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2009, 07:05:22 am »

On the subject of wagon attacks, to be honest, the legends do say that it was a wagon driver who mortally wounded the Kobold (there's an engraving about it and everything in my fort and it's amazing). I also remember a few of the wagon drivers flashing as they passed by to show they were attempting to do some wrasslin', but the only one wounded in any of this was the Kobold that went splat. Haven't checked the wolves, mainly because I have no idea who was driving the wagon if there was one.

Obviously, this needs to be experimented with more for science.

Okay, say I killed the diplomat and went to war. Would I ever be sent a peace treaty? (I ask because I was told liaisons don't respawn.) I'd have fun telling the elves "no, s'cool, sorry about the tree genocide and dead diplomat lol", then use the break to just make my troops more unkillable before I troll them again.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 07:20:56 am by A-chana »

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2009, 12:09:15 pm »

A wagon has no attack.

Maybe not, but wagons can be awfully creative. The Halltraded succession fort was nearly destroyed by a human trade caravan: One of the wagons mysteriously caught fire on Christes' turn, and happily continued driving straight for the trade depot. I should mention that the trade depot had just been filled with barrels of liquor for the upcomming trading session. The whole thing exploded in dramatic fashion, and nearly half the fortress caught fire in the aftermath, many lives, and a great quantity of booze where lost.

I would definitely not call trade wagons innocent.

Karik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2009, 03:06:34 pm »

The Wagons be plotting...

Count Dorku

• Bay Watcher
  • Sounds Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2009, 10:16:03 pm »

The Wagons be plotting...

Wagon #1: And soon we will overthrow those vile bearded things and force Toady to change the name of this game to Wagon Fortress!
"when in doubt, Magma"

Miners are diggin out nicely, everything will go right, i hope. hell, what am i even saying? this is dwarf fortress. it wont go right.

Zruku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2009, 01:50:14 am »

I remember when I had a trader who lost an ear and a middle finger. Apparently got them ripped off by a titan. Too bad they died  because they passed out on my cage traps and died in the cage. Oh well, I already got as many animals as I could from them.
Pages: 1 [2]