Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Empire: Total War  (Read 3570 times)

atomicwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Empire: Total War
« on: November 21, 2009, 10:11:51 pm »

Information:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Thanks Wikipedia!

My Input
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Discuss your thoughts about the game.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Empire: Total War
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 09:16:39 am »

The loading screen is nice... shame it won't go away.

Yeah, i can't run this until i upgrade my computer, glad i only demoed it. It looks good though
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 09:57:44 am »

I am seriously starting to think that I am not supposed to be exempting locations from taxes until they are under control.

atomicwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 10:43:26 am »

The loading screen is nice... shame it won't go away.

Yeah, i can't run this until i upgrade my computer, glad i only demoed it. It looks good though

Yea lol this game is a CPU hog big time. I can run it on medium with a single core P4 3.4ghz, and a Geforce 7700FS at 512mb. It runs pretty smooth.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 10:55:57 am »

My computer I was playing it on died, so I haven't played it in a long time. I'm not sure if there have been many patches since I last played, there were a lot of serious issues with the game. The Battle AI had some issues that ruined the gameplay (enemy soldiers running around instead of fighting you was one). With all its flaws I had found it to be the worst Total War game I have played to date. But I played soon after its release, so perhaps they have fixed some of the more glaring issues. I've stopped being surprised when companies release games with obvious bugs that they could not have missed. The whole "release it now, patch it later" attitude in the PC gaming industry is pretty ridiculous.

atomicwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 11:03:18 am »

They have released a heaping of patches and I have yet to come across that issue. But yea I am really sick of companies releasing games full of bugs. They should stop rushing them and polish them off before we have to come in contact.

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009, 11:46:33 am »

Darth Mod is amazing.
If only I could get it working.
Also, the multiplayer campaign open beta is coming "soon". When it's actually released, I'm making a let's play of it.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 11:52:15 am by PenguinOverlord »
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

atomicwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2009, 12:49:32 pm »

Darth Mod is amazing.
Also, the multiplayer campaign open beta is coming "soon". When it's actually released, I'm making a let's play of it.
I will so join you. It will be full of bugs I'm sure, but utterly breathtaking to say the least. I take that it will only be 2 players? I don't see how It is going to work if someone gets in a battle, will everyone else have to wait and watch?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2009, 04:13:03 pm »

I am beating World Conquest (or whatever the "Capture 40 locations" mission) in record time as India.

The problem is that I never feel like I have enough money in this game to front a war and develop my nation.

In Medieval I always put my taxes to low and I was swimming in cash.

Though I guess this is because they can disable your routs from the other side of the map.

atomicwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2009, 05:10:55 pm »

I am beating World Conquest (or whatever the "Capture 40 locations" mission) in record time as India.

The problem is that I never feel like I have enough money in this game to front a war and develop my nation.

In Medieval I always put my taxes to low and I was swimming in cash.

Though I guess this is because they can disable your routs from the other side of the map.
I have so much money I never know what too do with it  :D. I find taking some land in the Caribbean and putting up cotton or tobacco plantations brings in a lot of gold. Or use trading ships in the Philippians since your India its right there.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2009, 05:43:24 pm »

The problem with India is actually the lousy AI. That is what stops you from having a successful Navy.

Your major opposition to taking over India will actually build 1-3 Maxed out Naval Armies while you would be lucky to have a 6 ship navy.

Of course this means that their land force is pathetic but still. Your basically landlocked until you take down pretty much the largest minor nation in the game.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 05:46:01 pm by Neonivek »

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2009, 08:06:04 pm »

Darth Mod is amazing.
I will so join you. It will be full of bugs I'm sure, but utterly breathtaking to say the least. I take that it will only be 2 players? I don't see how It is going to work if someone gets in a battle, will everyone else have to wait and watch?
If one of us gets in a battle, you play as the AI. That is, I think.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2009, 10:25:37 pm »

Sadly, it's auto-resolve.

But I the limit on the number of players seem to be high.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2009, 10:32:21 pm »

If it's auto-resolve there's no point.  It should be a PBEM thing, although that would never fly in a mainstream game.
Shoes...

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2009, 03:20:03 pm »

This game is now with 20% more multiplayer campaign beta.
http://www.totalwar.com/empire/beta/
Pages: [1] 2 3