Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: New Moon breaks records...  (Read 2757 times)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
Re: New Moon breaks records...
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2009, 04:31:59 pm »

Not urge to purge planet rising?

Is anyone honestly supervised to see New Moon at the top of the charts? It's pure lowest common denominator teenflick crap.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2009, 04:39:58 pm »

. . .

I am a loss for words…

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2009, 05:19:15 pm »

The thing is, most of them recognize that fact only after they're about 20 years old or so, and sometimes not even then. Anytime before that, most still seem plenty oblivious enough to fall for the "dangerous guy," who, more often than not, is just a jerk.
Most women never learn, and just keep wondering why they attract jerks.
Hello, has it ever occurred to you that you pick jerks yourself?!
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2009, 05:28:19 pm »

Wow, sure is mysogynistic stereotyping around here.

You know, as a dude who used to be a "nice guy lamenting why nice guys finish last" but has a girlfriend, I'm going do anyone who considers themselves "nice guys" a personal favor and give some advice.

Get a farking spine, and grow the hell up.

Call me the asshole jerk if you want, but listen to this first. Nice guys wonder why they don't seem to find women, and the problem is that they are not men.

Women are 50% of the population. They are out there. They are not "mystical secret keepers of the vagina". Go talk to them.

Discussion points 1: "jerks" go talk to women and treat them like they're people. They are not afraid of getting shotdown.
"Nice guys" are afraid to admit their true feelings to females, or they do and gush over a girl not in their range while ignoring those who are.

That brings me to discussion point 2, my friend who is a girl likes this jerk! How can it be? well, for starters, he beat you to her, and he probably has something you don't that she likes. Or, I'm nice to this girl but I keep getting friendzoned! then you aren't what she wants. Either become what she wants or find a new girl. Think about it.

So let it go, and go after another girl. Don't spend your time projecting your image that girls ought to want "nice guys" that whine and complain about finishing last.

Be a man. Do something about it.

50% of females are below average in the looks and personality range. Look at yourself. Are you a whiny nice guy? fat? Ugly? Poor? Fix it. Or find a girl that accepts that.

Speaking of which, the girly HATES twilight, which I'm glad for. It's funny since I met the author before, she's mormon from BYU- which explains everything about the relationship portrayed in the book. :S

Chances are she's not the supermodel, brilliant, sane, cooking/cleaning/mom/gamer girl you always wanted. But most girls go through life being ignored while seeing the good looking girls get all the attention. Think you had self esteem issues?

People need to realise it's not someone's perfections that makes them perfect for you. It's their imperfections and all of your abilities to love them anyhow. That's true love. 

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2009, 05:32:00 pm »

My mother says I look like Robert Pattinson, and wants me to get his hairdoo.

I briefly entertained slapping the silly out of her, but I couldn't reach far enough through the phone.

Why? Pattinson is a great actor, and loathes his role as Edward Cullen. That's a compliment she gave you, friend.

heh, thanks for making this post for me  :-X

edit: I'm also um, appalled? by the amount of "PEOPLE LIKE A BAD MOVIE!?? OH NOOO I WISH TO CAUSE MASSIVE LOSS OF LIFE AND PROPERTY DAMAGE!!"(grenades in a theater lobby, really?)
Chances are(as this is a video game message board, on the Internet), the lot of you who want this kind of insane punishment on people for being a fan of something(admittedly something that gives all sorts of wrong impressions but everyone I've talked to about it isn't really going "I wish I had a vampire stalk and then rape me that would be awesome" they're more focused on the "through impossible odds their love stayed strong" aspect) are fans of some real bad crap yourself.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 05:37:32 pm by Chutney »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2009, 05:33:38 pm »

I was trying to find a comic that made the same point but I couldn't find it.  Oh well.
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2009, 05:34:31 pm »

Why? Pattinson is a great actor, and loathes his role as Edward Cullen. That's a compliment she gave you, friend.

It's that ridiculous hair that I'm talking about.  It looks like a pompadour that's been through an explosion.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2009, 05:37:17 pm »

Every girl loves a pompadour.
Shoes...

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2009, 05:39:37 pm »

I have always wished to have a pompadour, my good sir. Pompadours are the peak of manliness, and I shall hear NONE of you insulting them. Sending one through an explosion makes it appear only manlier.

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2009, 05:42:42 pm »

True enough, but in my case, at least, I'm just tired of seeing people I care about basically running into a wall over and over. Ya know what the worst thing is, though? When the jerk in the equation is -you-. Which is to say, -you're- the "dangerous guy" here. Worst feeling in the world, to my knowledge.
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2009, 05:44:26 pm »

For those wondering...

Pompadour:

Also, keep the misogyny to a minimum. I feel really REALLY bad when I make a thread that gets "Toad Attention".

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2009, 06:04:03 pm »

You know, as a dude who used to be a "nice guy lamenting why nice guys finish last" but has a girlfriend, I'm going do anyone who considers themselves "nice guys" a personal favor and give some advice.

Get a farking spine, and grow the hell up.

Call me the asshole jerk if you want, but listen to this first. Nice guys wonder why they don't seem to find women, and the problem is that they are not men.

Women are 50% of the population. They are out there. They are not "mystical secret keepers of the vagina". Go talk to them.

Discussion points 1: "jerks" go talk to women and treat them like they're people. They are not afraid of getting shotdown.
"Nice guys" are afraid to admit their true feelings to females, or they do and gush over a girl not in their range while ignoring those who are.

That brings me to discussion point 2, my friend who is a girl likes this jerk! How can it be? well, for starters, he beat you to her, and he probably has something you don't that she likes. Or, I'm nice to this girl but I keep getting friendzoned! then you aren't what she wants. Either become what she wants or find a new girl. Think about it.

So let it go, and go after another girl. Don't spend your time projecting your image that girls ought to want "nice guys" that whine and complain about finishing last.

Be a man. Do something about it.

50% of females are below average in the looks and personality range. Look at yourself. Are you a whiny nice guy? fat? Ugly? Poor? Fix it. Or find a girl that accepts that.

Speaking of which, the girly HATES twilight, which I'm glad for. It's funny since I met the author before, she's mormon from BYU- which explains everything about the relationship portrayed in the book. :S

Chances are she's not the supermodel, brilliant, sane, cooking/cleaning/mom/gamer girl you always wanted. But most girls go through life being ignored while seeing the good looking girls get all the attention. Think you had self esteem issues?

People need to realise it's not someone's perfections that makes them perfect for you. It's their imperfections and all of your abilities to love them anyhow. That's true love. 
I haven't seen a strawman that bad in ages.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2009, 06:07:31 pm »

For those wondering...

Pompadour:

Also, keep the misogyny to a minimum. I feel really REALLY bad when I make a thread that gets "Toad Attention".
I see your doo and raise you:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As for my so called misogyny. I'm only questioning the logic that is a shared trait among all sorts of chick flicks. Plus, I think when you try just about everything on the list of how to attract female attention (using perfectly rational methods), get useless advice from everyone, including family (which are purely irrational methods, as well as common cop-out advice), on how to get a date, have them help out (even as a wingman), and actually apply it all, and have a 100% failure rate, I think misogyny is actually justified. Reason, because you're that guy. :points up: (Not at above poster)

Let's also put things one way or another. Imagine a person that is at the bottommost part of your standards. The last kind of person you'd ever hook up with (YOUR standards). Now, imagine being rejected by that very kind, because they have higher standards than choosing you. If one can handle rejection like that, then you are a god amongst men.

As for growing up; even when mature, and above still happens. I think the misogyny is truly justified at it's most. After that, my best advice is to go for the "Aw, fuck it." attitude, and just give up. Sooner or later, God will 'pet the dog', and maybe sling something your way.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 06:29:25 pm by Itnetlolor »

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2009, 06:12:46 pm »

Why are you guys doing a misogyny derail?

God sometimes I'm ashamed to be a part of this community.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2009, 06:16:05 pm »

Imagine a person that is at the bottommost part of your standards. The last kind of person you'd ever hook up with. Now, imagine being rejected by that very kind, because they have higher standards than choosing you. If one can handle rejection like that, then you are a god amongst men.
one of the things that would put them that low would be "would reject me". Deify me now, please.

Seriously? Let's justify misogyny!!! Women...They don't like me!!!! They must...only like bad people! Why won't those bitches...LIKE ME!!!!? I'm PERFECT for them! They only date people they don't like! THEY LIKE ME!!!! don't worry it's justified now get in the kitchen and make me food oh hey why are you walking away? They...always walk away.
That's a pretty troglodytic way to view things.

chaoticjosh I'd advise for a threadlock bud.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4