Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: New Moon breaks records...  (Read 2756 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
New Moon breaks records...
« on: November 21, 2009, 10:54:34 am »

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/11/19/new-moon-ticket-pre-sales-breaking-records/

Hoooowweee. Looks like those Stephanie Meyer vampires are at it again. What will they do next?

I haven't watched either movie, but I just heard that New Moon is breaking ticket sale records. Make of that what you will.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Moon breaks records...
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 10:56:14 am »

saw it, there was a whole crowd of people waiting outside the cinema to go i. least a hundred people waiting for the doors to open... was ok i guess. not rly an epic or anything though...

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 11:00:58 am »

I wish someone had been lobbing grenades into the lobby at my theater.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 11:26:28 am »

What a shame.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 01:31:00 pm »

Heh, I think it's sort of a romeo and juliet thing. Forbidden love. Between living people and dead ones. Guys just don't get that stuff :P
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 01:39:53 pm »

Why does everyone call Romeo and Juliet a love story? It's a tragedy!

Now, don't get me wrong, New Moon is also a tragedy, but in a different way...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2009, 01:48:36 pm »

Heh, I think it's sort of a romeo and juliet thing. Forbidden love. Between living people and dead ones. Guys just don't get that stuff :P

Romeo wasn't a domineering sociopath who watched Juliet sleep, and Juliet wasn't a thoughtless bimbo who thought having a guy old enough to be her great grandfather breaking into her house and watching her sleep is romantic.
Shoes...

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2009, 01:54:10 pm »

Romeo and Juliet (and the relationship between them) was pretty twisted as it is, though. It was originally supposed to be a comedy, too.

I have a hard time believing this thing would sell more on the opening weekend than, say, a new Star Wars or Harry Potter movie. Isn't the fanbase limited purely to nerdy teenage girls? How many of those can there be?
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2009, 01:57:41 pm »

Just about every girl in the country of any age loves Twilight.

Them, plus their boyfriends dragged along, pretending to like it, or (horror!) actual fans, equals XBOX-HUEG FANBASE
Shoes...

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2009, 02:43:40 pm »

Apparently New moon broke the record for most tickets sold before a movie is released in Canada.

If i had any faith in humanity left, i would have lost it.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2009, 03:02:46 pm »

My mother says I look like Robert Pattinson, and wants me to get his hairdoo.

I briefly entertained slapping the silly out of her, but I couldn't reach far enough through the phone.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2009, 03:09:41 pm »

I still don't understand the appeal.

Reading a couple Cracked.com articles that mentions the movies, this got me a little irked. According to articles and comments; it seems I'm getting rather close to the answer as to "What women REALLY want".

Simply put, women are freaking twisted, and there is a surefire reason why Nice Guys ALWAYS finish last. Reason: Nice guys aren't willing to abuse a woman (verbally or physically) to improve a relationship either in public, or in bed. That's the conclusion I came across after some time of wrapping my brain around it.

The Twilight Series, and countless other Chick Flicks I have been forced to watch (thanks to having a bunch of girls in my family that watch them near-constantly) confirms my hypothesis. Women are twisted, and misleading. Since when was stalking and beating your woman considered romantic? A comment that also irked me much is "It's not stalking if you're (the stalker) attractive.". I don't remember where I found that comment, but I found it, and it bugged me.

Simply put; women, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU? Even a chaotically delusional schizophrenic would call you nuts.

Excuse my rant, but I just had to let that out.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2009, 03:13:14 pm »

It's more the fantasy than reality.  As pointed out by a comedian I'd rather not name - A lot of women love the fantasy of the "Dangerous Man", like a James Bond or these new preppy vampires.  Most recognize that the reality of being with the Dangerous Man means being the tube-top-clad fiance of the trailer-trash busted on COPS.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2009, 03:23:50 pm »

The thing is, most of them recognize that fact only after they're about 20 years old or so, and sometimes not even then. Anytime before that, most still seem plenty oblivious enough to fall for the "dangerous guy," who, more often than not, is just a jerk.
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2009, 04:25:37 pm »

...Resisting...urge...to...purge...planet...failing...

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time
Pages: [1] 2 3 4