Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Assassin's Creed 2  (Read 7369 times)

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Assassin's Creed 2
« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2011, 10:49:05 am »

It's all fluff anyway. Mitchrondia is passed down trough females. Not males. There's fat chance any of your personal genes surviving to the third generation if you're male.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2011, 10:49:16 am »

I got the impression Ezio sleeps around a lot. It's even the goal in the AC2 tutorial to get him laid.

Also in AC:Brotherhood
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And there's the bit in AC2

Then again Minerva

[/nerd]

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2011, 10:52:36 am »

The concept is that memories are directly related to your genes, and memories are subconsciously inherited by offspring, supposedly explaining instinct. The animus taps into those memories. Ezio has to eventually get somebody pregnant, just as Altair presumably did.

I keep my memories in my brain.  This brings new meaning to thinking with your, Ehem... ;)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2011, 11:13:08 am »

I got the impression Ezio sleeps around a lot. It's even the goal in the AC2 tutorial to get him laid.

Also in AC:Brotherhood

And there's the bit in AC2

Then again Minerva

[/nerd]

Can't be that. Desmond would stop seeing Ezio's memories at the very moment his more direct ancestor is conceived. He can't "remember" stuff after that (as it wasn't present in Ezio's son's DNA) and this has already been hinted at in AC II.

AC 3 is not whats next. Its going to be Assassins Creed Revelations. And Ezio is really fucking old at this point. Its also in Ottomon Constantinople, before it was changed to Istanbul.

He's in his 50's. That's not "really fucking old". It's more like Solid Snakish badass.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2011, 11:45:07 am »

...now I really want him to have an eyepatch, bandana, and rough voice.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2011, 12:10:03 pm »

50 in those times is really fucking old.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2011, 12:15:46 pm »

People lived till around 40 in those times to my belief. So in retrospect, he is really, really old.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2011, 12:28:41 pm »

...now I really want him to have an eyepatch, bandana, and rough voice.

Snake? SNAAAKEE?!?! SNAAAAAAAAKEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2011, 12:39:07 pm »

People lived till around 40 in those times to my belief. So in retrospect, he is really, really old.

Yeah, because of more frequent problems with famine, pestilence and war. Well-off people have always had pretty long lives, if they were lucky enough to avoid getting murdered or catching a disease. According to Wikipedia, people in Classical Rome had over 50 years life expectancy already - 1500 years later in a well-off state of Venice I wouldn't doubt seeing people around or over 50 or 60. So no, Ezio isn't especially old.

EDIT: Also, forgot to mention, low life expectancy (40) doesn't mean that you should start waiting for the Grim Reaper when you turn 40. Back then (and still today in poorer countries) the main reason for low life expectancy is children dying of diseases and other hazards. BTW, wasn't Ezio almost a stillbirth?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 12:44:42 pm by Kay12 »
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2011, 12:40:10 pm »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_life_expectancy

you might notice that this is still true today. When we say the average life expectancy is 40, that means average as in the average person who could not afford medical care and/or lived in shitty conditions with poor sanitary systems and close in with people where disease could spread.

Theres no reason to think that people who lived clean lives, ate healthy food and exercised could not probably live LONGER and healthier lives than the average westerner does now considering the crap they sell us in packages called food.

The theory thathumans as a species have longer lives today than the past is based on data collected in dense urban settlements, and the theory is known to not accurately paint the picture of human life in the past for all cultures.
I got nothing

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2011, 12:42:12 pm »

Ezio and friends have fancy

((I don't think that's really a spoiler anymore tbh. Oh well.))
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 27, 2011, 12:55:18 pm »

What I find stranger than Ezio's age is Leonardo's looks. He's supposed to live till 1519 and look like a really old man by 1510, but last we've seen him he didn't look anything like his self-portraits, I think. Are we to believe that in 5 years he visually ages by like 20-30 years? Or are they just going to go "Oh, Leonardo was such a kidder and drew himself 30 years older!"?

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 27, 2011, 12:58:49 pm »

Pollution. Back then rome was filled with it, clearly.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 27, 2011, 01:08:47 pm »

What I find stranger than Ezio's age is Leonardo's looks. He's supposed to live till 1519 and look like a really old man by 1510, but last we've seen him he didn't look anything like his self-portraits, I think. Are we to believe that in 5 years he visually ages by like 20-30 years? Or are they just going to go "Oh, Leonardo was such a kidder and drew himself 30 years older!"?

Kinda strange to me too, but I doubt that's a mistake they could make unintentionally, seeing how well-known the popular Leonardo image is. But I guess such "rapid aging" wasn't unheard of back then. It could be caused by cosmetics (lead, woo!), disease or... aging? And growing a master beard isn't impossible during that time.

Pollution. Back then rome was filled with it, clearly.

If it wasn't a video game, but some sort of virtual history tour, I would've been surprised at the utter lack of filth on the streets. On the other hand, since restoring Rome is a big part of the plot, I guess they could've made the amount of actual filth on the streets decrease as the filth of the Borgia gets purged...

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 27, 2011, 01:15:58 pm »

Looks like they based the model of Leonardo on these two portraits, but with less beard:

Passage of time and aging is a bit dubious in AC2 and AC:B in any case. Ezio's sister looks the same in both games, yet in the first she starts out as 17 and in Brotherhood she's closer to 40.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8