Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Assassin's Creed 2  (Read 7378 times)

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
Re: Assassin's Creed 2
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2011, 06:19:24 am »

deleted
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 01:25:17 pm by Jimlad11 »
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2011, 06:21:58 am »

Wait, you could counter with the crossbow?

BRB DIDN'T KNOW THAT MUST TRY

Edit: Oh, has anyone tried charging up an attack with a heavy weapon in brotherhood? You throw the damn thing. I like to yell freedom when I do it
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 06:25:18 am by dogstile »
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2011, 06:24:14 am »

Is it just me that thought that the combat got really easy in AC2? In AC1 I actually died once or twice in combat (Usually against Templars  ::)) but the only time I actually died in number 2 was when I got a little cocky with my free-running and plunged of a cathedral. I think one of the most over-powered things is the way that you can block with your hidden blades. Combine that with how easily the guard's morale drops and you can end fights in seconds.
        This got even worse in Brotherhood, as you can break the opponents block with a kick, and if you get one successful counter you can sync-kill everyone with little more than jabbing a button and moving in a direction...and don't get me started on that crossbow! Like a pistol, but with more ammo, faster reload and kills in complete silence? And you can counter guards with it! (Found that out by accident) Why do I even carry a sword anymore? (Or an axe in my case  8))

All that ranting done, both games were enjoyable, and the lack of difficulty was kinda made up for with the smooth kill animations and cinematic fight scenes. I wonder if the future games will follow the same trend...     

AC games never were about difficulty, by what I've played. The only challenging things are either extra-fine lose conditions (don't be detected etc) and extra-annoying-start-mission-over-if-you-screw-up-this-full-synchronization-deal, like Hell on Wheels (tank mission) in Brotherhood.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2011, 06:42:42 am »

I haven't played the first one but I enjoyed the second game, although it has it's flaws. I hated the scifi-plot. Also the game was way too easy; only one guy can hit you at time and because of your regeneration, enemies cannot kill you later on the game (upgrades), because you regenerate health faster than they deal damage.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2011, 07:08:28 am »

Actually I think there was a limit on how much you could regenerate in AC II. You could only regain partially damaged health squares, not fully black ones (without medicine). Some enemies deal more than a whole square of damage, so you can still die, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if you'd become practically immune to some attacks. In AC I you could regenerate, but not fully unless outside combat, I think.

And the scifi plots sucks considerably less in Brotherhood. Not sure why, maybe it's because they have a lot less (but much more interesting) glyph puzzles and they feature stuff I know about, like Alan Turing. You can also spend more time playing as Desmond (although it's quite optional).
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2011, 08:21:28 am »

AC2 was fun, but once you figured out that you could stab a group of 4-5 guards standing next to each other (Which is pretty much the max you will see at once) with the dual hidden blades without so much as being detected, it lost any difficulty it previously had. Seriously, try it. Do the "two assassinations at once" skill by standing between two guards, then just walk up and stab the rest before their AI triggers the "OMG HE KILLED MUH BUDDY" effect.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2011, 08:30:14 am »

It's very satisfying though.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2011, 09:38:55 am »

Asssassin's Creed series is something of an embodiment for the rule of Cool... they could have some actual challenge in the gameplay, instead of fake-difficulty DON'T GET HIT IN THE TANK LULZ YOU FAILED START OVER stuff. If it was up to me, I'd focus on having more missions involving stealth (both conventional sneaking and social stealth) and the occasional bigger battle. Not that the series is bad the way it is as of Brotherhood. I love it, it has the two things I love the most: historical fiction and conspiracy theories.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2011, 10:04:26 am »

AC 3 is not whats next. Its going to be Assassins Creed Revelations. And Ezio is really fucking old at this point. Its also in Ottomon Constantinople, before it was changed to Istanbul.

Sure its another AC game staring Ezio, but he looks so old I would not be surprised if he drops dead from age during the game. They simply cannot use him again after this.

Edit: It seems they have also thrown out any concept of Stealth at this point and just resorted to making you a medieval Schwarzenegger.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 10:14:30 am by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2011, 10:09:08 am »

Here's my question, with Ezio this bloody old who the hell did he get to sleep with him to make Desmond's next ancestor?
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2011, 10:12:06 am »

I don't know. Perhaps Ezio is really just his Great Great Great Grand-Uncle.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2011, 10:18:01 am »

I don't know. Perhaps Ezio is really just his Great Great Great Grand-Uncle.
Then he wouldn't have Ezio's memories. You don't pass down your DNA to a nephew.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2011, 10:24:07 am »

Ezio's like 5 years older than at the end of Brotherhood. In the CGI trailer you get to see his face. He's not that old.

Here's my question, with Ezio this bloody old who the hell did he get to sleep with him to make Desmond's next ancestor?
It could be an arranged marriage for all anyone cares.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 27, 2011, 10:25:06 am »

Perhaps it counts anyway since Brothers and Sisters have very close DNA? Don't ask me, I have no idea how it works.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 27, 2011, 10:45:08 am »

Perhaps it counts anyway since Brothers and Sisters have very close DNA? Don't ask me, I have no idea how it works.
The concept is that memories are directly related to your genes, and memories are subconsciously inherited by offspring, supposedly explaining instinct. The animus taps into those memories. Ezio has to eventually get somebody pregnant, just as Altair presumably did.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8