Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Assassin's Creed 2  (Read 7384 times)

Kusgnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Assassin's Creed 2
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2009, 02:47:24 pm »

I'm ridiculously excited to get AC2. Right now, I have a host of other things to worry about, but once I scrounge up some more cash and time, I'm going to purchase it. The customization options are cool, and the slew of upgrades and ways to get cash seem amazing. The graphics, as usual, are one of the most detailed I've ever seen, and the animations are very fluid. There might be hints of repetitiveness like the first one, and there seems to be a few gimmicks in the gameplay, but otherwise it looks like it'll be a lot of fun.   

The conspiracy theory stuff is cheesy, but since this is a game, not a book, I feel like it's excused. Instead of reading or watching other people struggle against implausible conspiracies and enemies, you get to do it. I loved the atmosphere of the first, and I think I'll love the second one too.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2009, 04:54:53 pm »

I really was disappointed that they was less emphasis on the Ismaili Assassins, and more emphasis on this strange super-duper mega-ultra conspiracy that the Ismailis are fighting against. What? And the Aga Khan Development Network, a very powerful charity, isn't?
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2009, 04:58:33 pm »

The game should've just been about assassinating people.

Also, the whole "Stalk your prey and eliminate him anywhere in the city" thing that was advertised right on the back of the box, totally wasn't there.

The closest you came to that was the first guy, who wandered around a small courtyard, and the second guy, who ran all over the place, but it was an active chase, not a stalking thing.
Shoes...

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2009, 04:05:20 am »

My laptop broke down on saturday and along with it my internet access :( Good thing I have the ps3 or I'd go batty.

Ugh, Dan Brown inspired plot?
'
Oh well. The first game was the shit. Especially since I first played it right before going to Jerusalem and Rome. What cities are featured in this one? It's pretty cool to play a video game in a well-made remake of a place you've been, and the Jerusalem rendering was half-decent

Yeah, Jerusalem and Damascus were done very well in AC1. I checked maps of crusade-era Jerusalem, and the AC team apparently did too since the maps and the game match up pretty nicely. Accra had one huge misplaced object that ruined it a little, namely the giant gothic cathedral they plonked down in the city center. Accra has definitely never had such a thing (even though it was fun to climb it ingame). It did feature a large hospitallier knights hospital though.

Cities in AC2:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

One feature in AC2 that is both good and bad is the background info database for various historical sites and persons you come across. I love learning about the things I see in the game, but the problems is they sometimes mix historical facts and storyline fiction, and it's hard to tell what is true and not. I'm going to have to google a lot after I finish the game to read up on all the things.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2010, 08:40:10 pm »

Bump for great justice.

All the objections to the Dan Brown influence aside, I'm loving this game. AC1 was good, but there were holes. Those holes have been plugged in AC2 with stuff to buy, stuff to do and semi-meaningful reasons to look around.

And the setting is gorgeous. I bitch about level design a lot, but these guys again have done a great job with detailing, and in general just with setting the scene.

I'll never really object to AC's storyline after the first. My "lol wut" meter already topped out and exploded after the ending of the first, and the fact Desmond needs a second round of training to become a real assassin already kind of breaks things. I enjoy the story-within-the story though; the meta plot can get as stupid as it wants for all I care.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2010, 09:10:22 pm »

AC2 was awesome

Btw Hands beats everything.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2010, 11:52:19 pm »

Don't know if you guys saw it, but the E3 for AC3 features the same guy from the second game, only slightly LESS ancient history! Happy happy joy joy!

Ubisoft, get if fucking right. I want ray-guns goddammit.

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2010, 12:02:26 am »

I was hoping for full-on Des$ond face-stabbing action with the third one. Ah well, I'll buy it anyway.

Did anybody else here manage to get all the hidden video segments in AC2? Holy crap. I'm suprised they got away with

Nolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2010, 09:18:14 am »

The multiplayer aspect of AC: Brotherhood looks interesting. Sort of like The Ship, except in Italy.

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2010, 10:02:14 am »

I'm a little confused about the new one. Is it just going to be multiplayer, or is there going to be a single player component? Assassin's Creed the MMO just doesn't appeal to me.

Nolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2010, 10:16:01 am »

There's going to be a singleplayer aspect too; something about Ezio going around and recruiting new members for the 'Brotherhood'. It's a continuation of Ezio's story, so it's not exactly AC3.

The multiplayer is woven into the universe, apparently. The Templars are sending their own guys into their own animus' to train them to be better assassins. They're running simulations and facing off against each other or something, hence the multiplayer.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2010, 12:49:14 pm »

Also , just a note, It's not AC 3. It's AC: Brotherhood. They chose that name specifically because they felt it was important that people didn't think "AC 3 is crap it's still Ezio".
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2010, 02:36:06 pm »

The MP sounds pretty fun to me actually.

Basically it's cloak and dagger. The mode I read about, players get in game and they're assigned a target. They get the general area on the map where they are, but still have to find them. You get points based on wiping out your target, AND wiping out the person who has you as a target. You lose points for collateral damage, and I believe the city guards are still on patrol as well.

If the game didn't have so much detail, I dont know that it'd be that fun. But with all the alleys, roofs, hidden places, foot traffic ect...I can see it actually being really cool. Looking down into intersections, trying to spot others who are trying to blend...yeah. Sounds neat to me.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

cartmann

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2010, 05:45:44 pm »

I was told by a few friends that it has 5-player Co Op and PS3 will get an exclusive demo.. I believe them

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2010, 08:27:42 pm »

The MP sounds pretty fun to me actually.

Basically it's cloak and dagger. The mode I read about, players get in game and they're assigned a target. They get the general area on the map where they are, but still have to find them. You get points based on wiping out your target, AND wiping out the person who has you as a target. You lose points for collateral damage, and I believe the city guards are still on patrol as well.

If the game didn't have so much detail, I dont know that it'd be that fun. But with all the alleys, roofs, hidden places, foot traffic ect...I can see it actually being really cool. Looking down into intersections, trying to spot others who are trying to blend...yeah. Sounds neat to me.
Isn't that a college game? I can't remember what it's called, though...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8