Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Assassin's Creed 2  (Read 7374 times)

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
Re: Assassin's Creed 2
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2010, 01:58:05 pm »

Which would be cool. I want to see him with all sorts of modern gadgets doing crazy fun assassinations.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2010, 02:22:52 pm »

I'm watching Spoony's covered of E3 right now and he agreed with me, AC Brotherhood's idea is just like the ship... which... will probably make me buy that DRM-full piece of shit. D:

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2010, 03:23:09 pm »

You know it's going there. I suspect it's also:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Basically by the time the series hits modern times, I fully expect Desmond to turn into the dude from Prototype, and start leaping over buildings instead of climbing them.
And this.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2010, 04:10:16 pm »

You know it's going there. I suspect it's also:

Basically by the time the series hits modern times, I fully expect Desmond to turn into the dude from Prototype, and start leaping over buildings instead of climbing them.

Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2010, 06:10:22 pm »

I have one thing to say...

It's-a me, Mario!

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2011, 08:25:22 pm »

So I picked up this game the last time it was on Steam sale and played it through, which is something I dont always do especially a game this long. I have to say, I had an amazing time, there was only slight repetative-ness now and then but I enjoyed the free running enough that it was easy to overlook. I did not get all the stuff, but I did get most of it. I didnt do all the feathers and I pretty much skipped all the dumb meaningless quests.

Not sure why some people gave this game a bad review really, in my eyes it is one of the best games ever made. Though I do confess that I have not played many of the modern games yet, I just got a nice gaming PC this year and so I am going through a few that I have always wanted to try. I am installing Mass Effect now and then probably Dragon Age.

Something tells me I am going to miss playing Ezio pretty soon and I was thinking of getting AC: Brotherhood while we wait for the next game to come out. I dont want to create a new topic for it, but does anyone want to chime in the quality of the game?
I got nothing

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2011, 09:19:56 pm »

Brotherhood, in my eyes, was better than ACII in every sense aside from story, which was, to be honest, a little lackluster in all of the games.

But its really fun. I for one enjoyed the mission where there's over 70 guards chasing you and you can use the "kill everyone" ability and fill them all full of holes. (You're not meant to do this as they respawn, but it was HILARIOUS)
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2011, 09:28:47 pm »

I enjoyed Brotherhood, as the other games the story wasn't top notch but it was atleast enjoyable, the gameplay mechanics haven't changed much, but the few changes and additions are good things, in my opinion anyway. The Assassin recruits are fun to play around with if you just feel like messing around, and on the missions where enemies continually respawn until you run away they are incredibly fun to just call in 6(the most you can call in at once) and have them fight the endless horde at your side. Hell on the final thieves guild mission that had an event like this I had them fight the enemy while I just looted the bodies.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2011, 09:39:37 pm »

Thanks guys, Im looking forward to playing it. I wonder if Steam will have a sale when Revelations goes up from pre-order, IF it goes up for pre-order. Does Ubi do that?

I dont want to pay $40 for this if it's just going to go on sale soon. If it hypothetically went on sale, when do we think that would happen?>
I got nothing

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2011, 10:51:54 pm »

I bought this game the last time it was dirt cheap on Steam and consider it one of my best game purchases to date. Things lined up nicely for me, since it went on sale right as Geop's edutainment LP was wrapping up and it's the only entry in the series to date with a mac version available via Steam (I'm willing to pay a lot more for a game I don't have to reboot to play). Once I got through the first hour or so of remapping controls to buttons that made sense the game was an absolute blast.

My only real gripes with the game were as follows:
-No matter what I tried, cutscenes took about half again as long to play as their associated dialogue. I tried to get around this by pretending it was an english language dub of an Italian performance with varied success.
-The final armor is vastly better than all previous armors, but overrides outfit dyes wich was something of a disappointment.

Based on that experience, I'm interested in getting Brotherhood even if it is just more of the same with marginal improvements. There's a pretty good chance Brotherhood be featured in the summer Steam sales as Ubi tries to promo Revelations, so I plan to pick it up then.
... and then it explodes!

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2011, 11:06:31 pm »

Actuilly the final armor is just as good as the second to last armor, it just doesn't need repairs which is more of a small annoyance than anything since by that point you're rolling in money. But it's the same thing in Brotherhood with that, only we get the armor of Brutus, yes THAT Brutus, and his dagger as a final small blade.
Also, you can skip cutsceans now, yay.
Because I can"-WolfTengu

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2011, 11:38:06 pm »

There's no doubt in my mind Brotherhood will get some discounts when Revelations starts its pre-release.*

*Assuming Ubisoft isn't going to do what EA is doing and try to sever connections with Steam.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2011, 11:49:03 pm »

Actuilly the final armor is just as good as the second to last armor, it just doesn't need repairs which is more of a small annoyance than anything since by that point you're rolling in money. But it's the same thing in Brotherhood with that, only we get the armor of Brutus, yes THAT Brutus, and his dagger as a final small blade.
Also, you can skip cutsceans now, yay.

Well, that, and getting a full set of the second-final armour is a pain. Seriously, 2x Shrunken Heads? I found one in a chest (dunno if that was a bug or what), but getting another would require investing an absolutely insane amount of money into the shops (I think I had maybe 1% of the requirement on one of the shop types when the game ended), or another totally lucky spawn that I might've missed or something. Honestly, it was easier to just finish the sidequest and get the ultimate armour.  :P
Getting the game's ultimate small weapon was just icing on the cake.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2011, 11:58:53 pm »

I was talking about the basic AC2 second to last armor.
Also, incase you didn't notice, you can loot rare stuff from the Thousand Eyes Theives who randomly spawn, they spawn more often in areas with a Borgia tower still there, and stop spawning once you do all the Theives Guild missions. Once you notice these things it becomes easy to get the stuff for shop quests.
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2011, 03:57:25 am »

Going to have to re-iterate the Brotherhood sentiment- It manages to take all the good parts of both the first and second, and delivers it in a very nice, polished package. I absolutely loved the combat, specifically. It's just so smooth, and while not exactly "difficult", there's just something special about annihilating tons of guys with a few precise strokes, y'know? I'm kind of "meh" when it comes to the story, though. I'm interested in what's going on in the real world more than anything else, but each new game is basically a single step up a long staircase. The plot subject material leaves a bad taste in my mouth, but that's just a personal thing really. Overall, good stuff.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8