Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Searching for dwarves by skill and activating skills fro  (Read 489 times)

a rhesus macaque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Searching for dwarves by skill and activating skills fro
« on: December 14, 2007, 07:40:00 pm »

Hey guys.  Sorry if this has been suggested before, but I think the units screen could really use an overhaul.  Maybe split it into two screens, a general units screen for enemies and creatures, and a dwarves screen where you can see at a glance which dwarves have which skills and what their skill levels are in each.  Abbreviations might be necessary to keep things readable.

From there you should be able to do a search for all dwarves with skills x, y, z, with skill levels above or below some rank.  Or do a search for all dwarves that have skills x, y, z active.  Or hit a hotkey to only see idle dwarves, or only dwarves whose highest skill level in any skill is novice.  Then you should be able to change active skills directly from the dwarves screen, maybe by highlighting the name and hitting some hotkey, taking you immediately into view mode with that dwarf selected and the labor window on.  Then you press another hotkey to return to the dwarves screen with the same dwarf highlighted, allowing you to easily make additional changes.  Assigning each job in the labor window a hotkey would make this go even faster.  

What do you guys think?  I'm still new to the game, so sorry if there's a better way to manage your dwarves besides the units screen already in the game.  If there is, help a newb out and let me know.   :)  Thanks!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for dwarves by skill and activating skills fro
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 10:42:00 am »

Seconded.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...