Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Rogue Trader  (Read 24768 times)

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader
« Reply #105 on: November 24, 2009, 04:08:24 am »

Voidmaster, probably. Arch-Militant really requires military service beforehand. However; Dark Heresy characters are permitted with special rules, in which case, the appropriate class would be Scum.
!!&!!

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 24, 2009, 04:16:13 am »

Thank you, but I meant the others of these questions as well.
From where do you hail?
Forge World - Hive World - Death World - Imperial World - Voidborn - Noble Blood

What path have you walked?
Scavenger - Hierophant - Charlatan - Savant - Desperado - Vaunted

What drives you afar?
Tainted - Criminal - Duty Bound - Renegade - Destined - Zealot

What haunts your past?
Press-Ganged - High Vendetta - Calamity - The Dark Voyage - Shipwrecked - The Hand of War

What fires your soul?
Fortune - Pride - Renown - Endurance - Prestige - Vengence

What is your calling?
Voidmaster - Explorator - Missionary - Astropath - Arch-Militant - Senechal - Navigator
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 24, 2009, 04:21:31 am »

Just played some rouge trader round a friends house. We don't play by the rule book, just take the basic rules and then add our own. so there were 7 crew members and the GM controling the NPC's.

What happens the second we get out of port? Get swallod by warp. Can navigator do his job and guide us safely? Nope.

We end up on a Chaos world full of exploding screamers. 3 people had to drag the rest back onto the ship before we buggered off then got pounded in space by a bloody fleet of warships.

Our GM plays dwarf fortress, I can tell. He said "Well that was fun, well when I say fun I mean in a different way".

We're thinking of having the space battles by merging Battlefleet Gothic with some of the awesome customization rules of the ship section in the Rouge Trader book.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 24, 2009, 04:25:46 am »

Ahh. Hive world/Charlatan/Criminal/Press Ganged/Fortune or Renown/ and then either Voidmaster or Scum from Dark Heresy.
!!&!!

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 24, 2009, 04:28:53 am »

Ahh. Hive world/Charlatan/Criminal/Press Ganged/Fortune or Renown/ and then either Voidmaster or Scum from Dark Heresy.
Thanks.
From where do you hail?
Hive World

What path have you walked?
Charlatan

What drives you afar?
Criminal

What haunts your past?
Press-Ganged

What fires your soul?
Renown

What is your calling?
Voidmaster
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 24, 2009, 11:21:51 am »

Guys, are none of listening to me?  If I'm going to be running a game, I'm going to run it my way.

First, you're bloody Rogue Traders, you can afford almost anything.  I don't give a damn what the book says about "starting equipment", you can just assume you've bought everything else, short of artifacts and shit.

Second, I'm taking the rulebook as more of a guideline, since most people don't have the book.  Ampersand, Cthulhu, stop quoting stuff out of the book, you're just making things confusing and convincing people they need the book in play along, when I specifically want that to not be the case.

By the way, there's some damn cool guns in this book.  Forget using Heavy Bolters on board, you can get a "shot cannon".  Yes, a shotgun big enough to qualify as a heavy support weapon.  What fun.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 24, 2009, 11:33:32 am »

Darnit, I forgot digi-weapons.

Oh well.

And yeah, even in the rules that's not what you're forced to start with.  You're really only limited by "Can I find this" and "Are the people who own it willing to part with it", within reason.

Anyway, first quarter of college is almost over so I'm going to have six weeks off soon.  I might start a Rogue Trader game of my own (A more rules-centric one, probably using GameTable or something better if anyone knows something), even though I said never again.  Come on, it's Rogue Trader, and I no longer have college to suddenly cut off my planning time and make me forget.
Shoes...

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 24, 2009, 01:16:14 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think I got this all right.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 24, 2009, 04:10:49 pm »

Revised. Again

Cromwell Eisenaugre XVII

Noble Blood
Savant
Renegade
Calamity
Fortune
Rogue Trader

Equipment:

Best Quality Plasma Pistol, Best Quality Power Sword, Best Quality Light Power Armour, Captain's Getup (Captainly Coat, Captainly officer hat, tough swabbie kicking military boots, Normal Under Dress) Monoculars, Grapnel, Vox (Micro?)Bead, Data Slate, Heirloom Maps.

TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THAT POWER ARMOUR WHILE I STILL CAN.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 24, 2009, 04:33:41 pm »

ok redoing my character entry, cutting out unnecciesary fluff and changing equip. I don't mind whoeveer else wants to be Explorater be that if I can be head of Engineering. Failing that I'll just be some kind of underling, an assistant maybe?

Spoiler: Backstory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Origin Path (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gear (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 03:27:29 am by Metal Militia »
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 24, 2009, 04:41:06 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think I got this all right.

I assume the remaining two answers are Arch-Militant (Marine and all), and Calamity (homeworld destroyed?).  However, I am going to knock down some of that equipment (you're dressed like a damn chapter master), and you'll have to provide a detailed and very good reason for why an apparently ranked, commended, and rewarded Space Marine is out slumming it as a deckboss for a Rogue Trader.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 24, 2009, 04:56:31 pm »

I like a challenge. I'll get right to it.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 24, 2009, 05:00:29 pm »

ok redoing my character entry, cutting out unnecciesary fluff and changing equip. I don't mind whoeveer else wants to be Explorater be that if I can be head of Engineering. Failing that I'll just be some kind of underling, an assistant maybe?

As far as I can read from Lore, Explorator's tend to be aboard Rogue Trader ships at the expense of the Rogue Trader, rather than to complement it's crew. While the Explorator has obvious skills that are useful in assisting in the maintenance of the ship, there are other crew members that are dedicated to that, such as Void-masters, possibly minor techpriests, and non-techpriest engineers. Explorators are usually assigned to Rogue Traders because the Trader owes the Adeptus Mechanicus a debt of some kind, their job is not specifically to aid the Rogue Trader except where it furthers it's own goal; that being the collection of Archaeotechnology, research of unknown lifeforms beyond the Imperium's edge, and rooting out Hereteks.

Head of Engineering isn't really something a Explorator would do. Mostly, because it's beneath their capabilities.

Edit: Also, for My Explorator, if you're willing to bend the rules as far as equipment goes, then Definitely give me the best-craftsmanship Archaeotech Laspistol heirloom, and a Medicae Mechadendrite.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 05:03:59 pm by Ampersand »
!!&!!

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 24, 2009, 07:47:07 pm »

Spoiler: GEAR (click to show/hide)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 24, 2009, 08:05:12 pm »

Redo of my character.

Jess Rullux

Noble Blood
Desperado
Renegade
High Vendetta
Renown
Arch-Militant

Spoiler: Character Bio (click to show/hide)

I have no idea what to do for stats, so if someone is willing to help me there I'd be quite thankful.

Spoiler: Gear (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 09:28:32 am by CJ1145 »
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11