Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Rogue Trader  (Read 24763 times)

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader
« Reply #90 on: November 23, 2009, 11:48:56 pm »

Roll 2d10 for each stat and add 25, add any bonuses incurred by the character background choices.
!!&!!

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 23, 2009, 11:52:07 pm »

I need the books don't I.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 23, 2009, 11:54:14 pm »

It would help a lot.
Shoes...

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 24, 2009, 12:10:17 am »

Revised.

Cromwell Eisenaugre XVII

Noble Blood
Savant
Renegade
Calamity
Fortune
Rogue Trader

Equipment:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Skills:

Talents:

Stats:

Do note I only had the Dark Heresy Rulebook on hand.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 24, 2009, 12:11:59 am »

Supposedly you can shoot through the wall of a ship with a plasma pistol.  It's only in the fluff of course, but that'd be hilarious if you decompressed a compartment by missing with that thing.
Shoes...

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 24, 2009, 12:16:43 am »

I was betting on hacking up enemies who get onto the ship through boarding with my power sword. The close quarters might work out for a lot of you guys, but don't be bringing Heavy Bolters and shit on board. THOSE COULD BREAK SOMETHING.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 24, 2009, 12:23:08 am »

Supposedly you can shoot through the wall of a ship with a plasma pistol.  It's only in the fluff of course, but that'd be hilarious if you decompressed a compartment by missing with that thing.

The real question: what would possess someone to use a plasma pistol?

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 24, 2009, 12:23:51 am »

In Cthulhu's words; "Rule of Cool man. Rule of Cool."

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 24, 2009, 12:24:30 am »

Fortunately, most of the combat goes on outside of a ship. Unless it's ship to ship combat. Which is quite different.

Also, for WD, Let me list off what a Rogue Trader can start with according to the Rogue Trader book.

Best-Craftsmanship Laspistol, or good craftsmanship hand cannon, or common-craftsmanship plasma pistol. Best Craftsmanship mono-sword, or common craftsmanship power sword. Micro-bead, void suit, set of fine cloathing, xeno pelt cloak, best-craftsmanship enforcer light carapace armor, or Storm Trooper Carapace armor.

Your starting skills are Command, Commerce, Charm, Common Lore (imperium), Evaluate, Literacy, Scholastic Lore (Astromancy), Speak Language (High, Low Gothic)

Starting Talents: Air of Authority, Pistol weapon training (universal), Melee weapon training, (universal)

All characters also start off with five hundred experience points to expend on on expanding characteristics, adding skills, or adding talents.

Also, http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d97/Ben46826/plasma-weapons-demotivational-poste.jpg
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 12:26:03 am by Ampersand »
!!&!!

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 24, 2009, 12:35:57 am »

Why is it. That as a Rogue Trader. I afford significantly less equipment than my Navigator, who has all Best Quality Equipment.

Also no way I'm ditching my Captainly getup.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 24, 2009, 12:42:50 am »

Actually, the Navigator can only potentially get three best quality items by default, A Hellpistol, A metal staff (which isn't really that big of a deal), and Best quality Xeno Mesh Armor, which doesn't cover the head and has a lower armor value. I'm not counting things gained by the background information, though, as anyone from any class can get those.

Actually, let me see what you can gain with your background information right quick...

Edit:

Noble Born; Plus five fellowship, minus five willpower, High, Low Gothic, and Literacy by default as untrained basic skills. +10 bonus to interacting with authority figures or in formal settings. +1 to groups starting profit factor. Gain Peer (Nobility) Talent, and can have another Peer talent from any of the following:(Academics, Adeptus Mechanicus, Administratum, Astropaths, Ecclesiarchy, Government, Mercantile, Military, or Underworld.) Every Noble family has sworn enemies. The GM is up to decide this. Double your Toughness bonus, and add 1d5 to determine your starting number of wounds.

Roll 1d10. 1-3, 2 fate points, 4-9, 3 fate points 10, 4 fate points.

Savant: Gain your choice of Logic as a trained skill, or Peer (Academic), also gain your choice of +3 Intelligence, or +3 Fellowship, but take -3 toughness

Renegade: As a renegade, you can choose from the following three archtypes

Recidivist; Gain Enemy (Adeptus Arbites) and Resistance (interrogation), and Concealment as a trained basic skill.
Freethinker; +3 intelligence or +3 perception, -3 willpower, gain Enemy (Ecclesiarchy)
Dark Visionary; Your choice of 1d5+1 corruption points, or 1d5+1 Insanity points. In return, gain Dark Soul talent, and one Forbidden Lore (choose any) as a trained basic skill.

Calamity: Gain Light Sleeper and your choice of Hardy, or Nerves of Steel talent. Reduce profit factor by -1

Fortune: +1 fate point.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 12:59:50 am by Ampersand »
!!&!!

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 24, 2009, 12:54:26 am »

Cthulhu also took a Best Quality Power Sword.

Really that's all I wanted anyway, I could easily take a different firearm and the Powersword.

Picking a different set of armour is also pretty trivial. Storm Trooper Carapace.

You know what. This is all very difficult without the actual Rogue Trader rulebook. Trying to get as close to the one I came up with.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 24, 2009, 03:43:46 am »

Not to worry, though. Power armor, of the sort Space Marines would use, is available, though rare and expensive, and is typically something a Rogue Trader goes for once s/he can afford and find it. The only problem is that military grade power packs for such armor is not available and as such one is restricted in the amount of time one can wear the suit, or must carry additional batteries.
!!&!!

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 24, 2009, 03:53:14 am »

It'd probably be smart only to wear that into battle then.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 24, 2009, 03:57:15 am »

I'm going for a gang member who decided to go straight, possibly while in prison, and seeks to redeem himself. Which of the options Aqizzar gave us should I choose?
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11