Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Rogue Trader  (Read 24765 times)

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2009, 11:57:40 pm »

What did you get yourself into this time, your majesty?!?  I hope you know what you're doing!
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2009, 12:26:15 am »

I don't think you can just sign up to be a Rogue Trader's head engineer.  In the grim darkness of the 41st millennium, you've got to be a Techpriest Explorator with at least half of your body replaced by machinery to be a head engineer.

Also, my Navigator is complete:

Spoiler: Base Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Origin Path (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Navigator Stuff (click to show/hide)

I have all the various skill and ability modifiers that give me skills and abilities, if you want proof I didn't add anything surreptitiously.  You trust me, don't you?

Jeez, that took forever.  It may be because I spent about 2/3 of the time talking to Cleverbot, though.

Shoes...

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2009, 12:47:55 am »

I don't think you can just sign up to be a Rogue Trader's head engineer.  In the grim darkness of the 41st millennium, you've got to be a Techpriest Explorator with at least half of your body replaced by machinery to be a head engineer.

Um I was applying for just a regular engineer position :< He's only good with machines not fucking fantastic like dem techpriests.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2009, 01:45:05 am »

You could be a Void-Master, which is kind of like what you're thinking. They know everything about their spacecraft, inside and out, and are used to operating, not only on board the craft, but outside the craft, in the void.
!!&!!

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2009, 04:17:47 am »

I'm applieing for head of engineering (i think that makes me magnos ^_^)

Will be editing post with RP and character crude for aquazzer and any one else to look at.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 06:13:20 am by Metal Militia »
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 23, 2009, 04:30:58 am »

Okay, so as long as people want to make characters, I'll go ahead and post this little segment of character creation I wrote.  Militia doesn't need it since he has the book, but this should help everyone else.  Note that I changed the names of a few background options - they do and mean the same thing, I just wanted to give them slightly less confusing titles.  And no, I will not explain them.  I think not being able to game the system is a fun way of making a character (although someone else with a book probably won't be so taciturn).

From where do you hail?
Forge World - Hive World - Death World - Imperial World - Voidborn - Noble Blood

What path have you walked?
Scavenger - Hierophant - Charlatan - Savant - Desperado - Vaunted

What drives you afar?
Tainted - Criminal - Duty Bound - Renegade - Destined - Zealot

What haunts your past?
Press-Ganged - High Vendetta - Calamity - The Dark Voyage - Shipwrecked - The Hand of War

What fires your soul?
Fortune - Pride - Renown - Endurance - Prestige - Vengence

What is your calling?
Voidmaster - Explorator - Missionary - Astropath - Arch-Militant - Senechal - Navigator
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2009, 09:15:43 am »

I think you've got them all jumbled up.
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 23, 2009, 09:18:43 am »

Yes, I rearranged them, but they mean exactly what they translate to.  I think they sound better in that order.

I'll warn you again, the rulebook will not be nearly so important as you seem to be treating it.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2009, 09:23:25 am »

But THE RUUELZ

Red tape is what fuels the Astronomican (And psykers), but mostly red tape!

Spoiler: Ted Rape? (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 09:25:31 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2009, 09:36:47 am »

meh I'm a hard core RPer, I find character creation fun.

Sue me
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 23, 2009, 06:16:22 pm »

I found a rouge trader character generator, but it wasn't finished, so I wouldn't suggest anyone using it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 10:30:42 pm by Luke_Prowler »

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 23, 2009, 06:44:12 pm »

Bill Powers, an aspiring Arch-Militant.. Hailing from a Forge World (the Forge World?), Bill lived his life as a Savant. He has always felt Destined to be in the stars and the vacuum, and hopes, in his journeys, to have Vengeance in his High Vendetta.

I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 23, 2009, 06:49:27 pm »

All right, here's my character.

Jess Rullux

Noble Blood
Desperado
Renegade
High Vendetta
Renown
Explorer

Applying for Head of the Ship's Marines/Soldiers/Guards/Away Team, etc.

Spoiler: RP story (click to show/hide)

So, despite my cheesy and deeply cliched (It's part of the character design, I swear!  ;) ) writing, I really do enjoy RP'ing, so I'm hoping this is good enough.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2009, 08:04:05 pm »

Cromwell Eisenaugre XVII

Noble Blood
Savant
Renegade
Calamity
Fortune
Rogue Trader

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2009, 08:42:22 pm »

Aww, great, now everyone wants to be an Explorator the second I mention wanting to take that one.

Metallius Arrion

From where do you hail?
Forge World (Plus 3 to weapon skill)

What path have you walked?
Scavenger (pref. Resistance (fear), and +3 to willpower. 1d5 corruption points rather than insanity points plz)

What drives you afar?
Destined (Xenophile)

What haunts your past?
The Dark Voyage (Forbidden Knowledge (Xenos))

What fires your soul?
Pride (Heirloom item, Pref Archeotech Laspistol)

What is your calling?
Explorator

Demeanor
 Fixed
Starting Gear (Where options are presented)
Good-Craftsmanship Hellgun, Good Craftsmanship Power Axe.

Servo-skull familiar with Auspex

Additional Talent: Mechadendrite Use (Utility)

Metallius sis patiently as he awaits his shuttle, his few posessions small enough to be hidden are tucked away under his robes. His power axe though is held in hand, perpendicular to the ground, as one would hold a staff. He holds it upright as a matter of pride, for it bears the emblem of the Cult Mechanicus, and despite whispers of Metallius' possibly heretical opinions, he holds in his mind assurance that he has comitted no offense against either the Omnissiah, or the Emperor. He will stand by that until the end, or in the end prove himself in the right.

Checking the time of a wall Chronograph, he realizes that the appointed time of his departure draws nearer. With a quick burst of Techna-lingua, he instructs his Servo-skull to check the proper terminal and report back when the shuttle docks. It hovers off silently, dedicated to it's task singlemindedly, while it's master waits. It would not be long, but enough time to to draw his dataslate from under his robe, and write out a short entry.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As he finishes the entry, the shadow of his Servo-skull enters his field of vision. Not needing to glance up, he stashes the dataslate. Eventually it would hold his research results, prove his faith, and his ideas. Not a Heretek. He rises when the Servo Skull draws close, and thanks the Machine Spirit with a gesture of gratitude, before making his way for the shuttle. Perhaps naieve of what awaits in the unknown corners of the void, where great knowledge, and great dangers lie hidden from sight. The trip to the Rogue Trader vessel by way of the shuttle would be short, but it would be far longer before they can leave the star system. He'd have time, therefore, to study his companions to be, and of course the Captain.

I also rolled up characteristics according to the book's rules. They came out a tad higher than average though. I swear I didn't cheat. I'll lower a couple if requested, or toss them out altogether.

WS 40
BS 42
ST 39
TO 35
AG 34
IN 44
PE 39
WP 38
FE 40

Edit: Also, just to make your heads explode, google Illiyan Nastase.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 11:10:20 pm by Ampersand »
!!&!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11