Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any way around the "Item in Room" bug?  (Read 814 times)

blue emu

• Bay Watcher
  • GroFAZ
    • View Profile
Any way around the "Item in Room" bug?
« on: November 19, 2009, 04:11:54 pm »

*sigh*... I've been bitten by the "Item in Room" demand bug. Is there any cure for it (aside from liberally applying magma)?

I never kill my Nobles... but I'd hate to lose an important Dwarf or see a tantrum spiral start due to a cheapo bug.
Never pet a burning dog.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: Any way around the "Item in Room" bug?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 04:14:43 pm »

The good news is that failed demands don't result in punishment.  The only person who gets upset is the noble making the demand.  Keep them otherwise happy and there will be no repercussions.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

blue emu

• Bay Watcher
  • GroFAZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 04:23:23 pm »

The good news is that failed demands don't result in punishment.  The only person who gets upset is the noble making the demand.  Keep them otherwise happy and there will be no repercussions.

Thanks... of course, if I'd checked the Wiki before posting, I would have discovered that failed Demands are not punishable.
Never pet a burning dog.

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 11:40:08 pm »

... The only person who gets upset is the noble making the demand.  ...

For this reason I like to put nobles quarters next to a chasm so they have something to throw themselves off of when they get too sad, thus saving me the effort of building some sort of contraption to, erhm... address the issue in a more, noisome, manner shall we say.
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.