Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventurer-Oriented Fortresses  (Read 1134 times)

KenboCalrissian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Adventurer-Oriented Fortresses
« on: November 19, 2009, 01:47:29 pm »

Playing Fortress Mode for the sake of survival is great, but what about creating fortresses specifically designed as dungeons to be played by Adventurers?

That's what this thread is about.  The idea's been done before in a single world, but this thread will serve as an archive for player-created Adventure-mode dungeons.

Create your dungeon, abandon the fortress (preferably while swarming with enemies), and post your world here to share it with other players.

Discussion here.
I've never tried it and there's a good chance it could make them freak out.
Do it.
Severedcoils - the Baron Consort accumulation challenge
Severedcoils II: The Reckoning - a DnD 5e Adventure set in the world of Severedcoils

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer-Oriented Fortresses
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 05:11:55 pm »

I hope the adventure mode pressure plate stuff gets sorted.
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 12:08:36 am »

I like this idea. Maybe I'll create a labyrinth in this fortress only accessable by a 1 Z level fall, so there's no turning back once you go through. In the labyrinth maybe I'll toss in a few Giant Eagles in chains that I've bought from elves/caught in cages and some armed gobbos. Some scenery like a narrow bridge through a pit around 5 Z-levels deep with some spears and spikes at the bottom, too.
Dwarf fortress: Teaching uni level geology to sadistic elf killers for years.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 02:01:07 am »

I like this idea. Maybe I'll create a labyrinth in this fortress only accessable by a 1 Z level fall, so there's no turning back once you go through. In the labyrinth maybe I'll toss in a few Giant Eagles in chains that I've bought from elves/caught in cages and some armed gobbos. Some scenery like a narrow bridge through a pit around 5 Z-levels deep with some spears and spikes at the bottom, too.
Unfortunately, all your chained/caged animals seem to die on abandon. Whenever I go back, no matter how quick I was, they're always corpses. Sometimes they're not even rotting yet.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Servu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 10:34:24 am »

As I stated in the previous thread, I will contribute a fortress. (or perhaps two) However, as I revived the save recently I actually found the fortress not only playable, but a lot of Fun. I intend to expand the place some more and add more elaborate traps. I am not using cheats aside from turning invasions off to combat the fps loss from all the mining I have been doing. (An early version of the fort is currently hosted in dfma, so avoid a map called Mafolzasit to avoid any spoilers)

I intend of uploading around the end of December, even if some of the structures are still unfinished, since my armed service begins in January. (The save is in Dig Deeper)

If I go on about uploading the second fort, it will probably not be anywhere near as awesome, but still a nice dungeon (This one is in vanilla DF)

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2009, 11:10:32 am »

Unfortunately, all your chained/caged animals seem to die on abandon. Whenever I go back, no matter how quick I was, they're always corpses. Sometimes they're not even rotting yet.

Tame non-named animals appear to die on abandon. However, named animals survive, and all wild animals survive, though they are randomly scattered through the fortress as hidden ambushers. This is best done with dragons. If you can somehow get a breeding pit of wild GCS (due to modding), you can try that too.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod