Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: So, evryone else is making a thread of themselves, i wanna to!  (Read 8352 times)

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So, evryone else is making a thread of themselves, i wanna to!
« Reply #90 on: November 23, 2009, 06:05:55 pm »

No. What part of "only available source of social interaction" don't you understand? I don't know anyone anywhere else, and there is none available to get to know either. Literary the only people I ever meet is my mum, my psychologist, and my teachers, and there are no options within the near future to change that. If it weren't for these forums I would have become suicidal long ago.

Ergh.

Even if you have to rely on the internet for social interaction, this is not the only place on it.

Having to rely on a single place or group of people for your sanity is bad, not least because it'll actually destroy the relationship you with it/them because you won't be able to handle it rationally.

If you need to use the internet to meet people because it's hard for you to meet people in person, then great, maybe it's a step in the right direction. But you need to know more people than the ones from this forum.

The Internet's big. Go exploring or something!
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 23, 2009, 06:38:51 pm »

I've tried that, so for I havn't managed to get significantly involved enoguht to get actual friends anywhere else.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 23, 2009, 08:48:42 pm »

Armok, if you honestly think this forum is keeping you from becoming suicidal, then look again, because this is dead fucking serious. Explore, make new friends, don't tell people that you can't because you tried. Try, and keep trying, because a life is important and if the only thing tethering you to life is this place, you are in a whole heap of shit. Don't base your life around something so fleeting. You're putting your eggs all in one basket and placing them on the tip of a flagpole here. It's a bad move.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 23, 2009, 08:50:56 pm »

I've tried that, so for I havn't managed to get significantly involved enoguht to get actual friends anywhere else.

If how you act here is any indication of how you act in person, it's not hard to see why.

Listen, dude, lemme give you the most important advice ever - get over yourself.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 23, 2009, 09:56:12 pm »

"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again"
Don't just do, observe what you do.  Learn from it - what people see as socially acceptable and unacceptable (in general circumstances - not just unsophisticated and uncultured people [disclaimer: not necessarily lower-class]).  I used to be socially inept - over the past few years I've gradually fixed that, for the most part.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 23, 2009, 10:08:21 pm »

Keep in mind that assuming you're wearing clothes and have taken a shower that day, people might take the initiative to talk to you first.  All of my conversations in college have been initiated by other people.

None of them have been interesting.  I'm holding out to see someone with a brain.
Shoes...

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 23, 2009, 10:26:14 pm »

Chutney's tactic: Equip white tshirt, plaid shorts, black socks, skater sneakers, black bandanna around the neck, and beanie that says "White Trash". Run across campus screaming bloody murder, stop at random people to ask inane questions. "Do you know the incantations?" "Where do you keep your axes?" "Does this village have an elder crone!?"

Out of ~700 people who actually live on campus, I'd say about 500 will actually talk to me and are willing to initiate conversation. the other 200 are either on the basketball team or snotty girls.

Social interaction is easy, when you become all that is man.

edit: Most people are worried about the people who will think they're weird when they do awesome things. I'm only worried about the ones that will think I'm awesome.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 23, 2009, 10:31:04 pm »

I might tug a few ass hairs saying this but someone has to say it:

Armok its about time you went out and made some friends.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 23, 2009, 10:47:03 pm »

Chutney, thou art not yet over the top-eth enough. My school has this one kid that is the definition of over-the-top. He brings megaphones to school with him and makes, to quote, "totally sick dinosaur sounds" in the stairwells, where it echoes like hell, before and after school. He's brought chickens to school before, and hidden them inside lockers. One day, he stood in commons during the schoolwide 15 minute break we get around noon, and just started calling people animals. This kid is a senior, but he's small. He got right up in the biggest football players face while he was talking to someone and just starts screaming "Your a cat! I knew it! F***in cat right here! Damn things probably gonna shed all over the damn place!". It was great.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 23, 2009, 10:52:57 pm »

Chutney, thou art not yet over the top-eth enough. My school has this one kid that is the definition of over-the-top. He brings megaphones to school with him and makes, to quote, "totally sick dinosaur sounds" in the stairwells, where it echoes like hell, before and after school. He's brought chickens to school before, and hidden them inside lockers. One day, he stood in commons during the schoolwide 15 minute break we get around noon, and just started calling people animals. This kid is a senior, but he's small. He got right up in the biggest football players face while he was talking to someone and just starts screaming "Your a cat! I knew it! F***in cat right here! Damn things probably gonna shed all over the damn place!". It was great.
I...I have competition I guess :O
High school, I assume? I carried a plush Cthulhu around everywhere and conversed to it, and let it "possess" me during those days. Embarrassed to say, people greeted it more than me, but there was nobody that didn't know/like me.
See, Armok? No matter how socially awkward you are, as long as you act like YOU'RE the sane/cool one as you do it, people will like you.
Especially if you're in high school. I assume you are.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 23, 2009, 11:15:16 pm »

He's 18.

I might tug a few ass hairs saying this but someone has to say it:

Armok its about time you went out and made some friends.

Do you even read the threads anymore? The entire last page was pretty much that.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 23, 2009, 11:29:38 pm »

Confidence goes a long way, even if you are weird.

I would openly say some very gay things in High School (Hey, that guy's pretty hot, and the like) and was overall the weirdest person there, and I was friends with everyone in high school but two or three people.
Shoes...

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 23, 2009, 11:35:35 pm »

Yeah, my time in High school was mostly nice because I was open. Even if I was a little odd I guess. Though I DID get stabbed once, that wasn't so good. <.>
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 23, 2009, 11:36:41 pm »

I... wow, you're like the most interesting person I've ever known. My life is awesome, but it's boring by comparison.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 23, 2009, 11:41:48 pm »

I wish someone stabbed me in highschool. :(
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11