Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: So, evryone else is making a thread of themselves, i wanna to!  (Read 8348 times)

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
Re: So, evryone else is making a thread of themselves, i wanna to!
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2009, 05:05:01 pm »

Yes, because enabling if not outright encouraging this sort of behaviour from him is obviously the best thing to do. Let's change the world for him and put everything in cotton wool! Can't have our little Armoky-woky getting all hurt and having to confront reality, oh no.

The point is, your behaviour is starting to really annoy people. So do something about it. If people not liking you on an internet forum is enough to warp you, then holy fuck, go take a long hard look in the mirror and move on, man. It's not that important. It's a game. It's a good game, sure, but if you're letting it control your life this much, you need to get as far away from it as possible. It's not healthy.
AYE! Tough love! Hit him where it hurts!
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2009, 05:06:42 pm »

No. It's fine. One day he will transfer his consciousness into a computer and then he won't be able to interact with real people, so Internet forum people will be all he's got. He's just getting ready for that time.

Besides the best way to transcend emotions(what he's trying to accomplish) is to confront them head on until they don't affect you anymore.

Armok's plan is actually pretty genius  :o

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2009, 05:07:21 pm »

I disagree.  Armok needs to go outside, and talk to some real people.  That'll get him normal.
Shoes...

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2009, 05:10:02 pm »

It's not about the game, I rarely even think about DF any more. It's the fact that this community is the ONLY social contact I ever get, the only people I can come close to calling friends I know only from here, and all my attempts at getting IRL friends have so far proven completely futile. The forum is also just abaut the only solid point in my life, possibly with the exception of my mum, not because everything else changes, but because my memory is messed up so it seems like it...

And I AM gating professional help, I go to a psychologist twice a week and I get pills stuffed into me, but it might still be months or years before I am able to, as you put it, "confront reality".
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2009, 05:14:37 pm »

That's what we are saying Armok.  It's like an addiction, a poison, a leach.  You have to shrug it off.  Leave it behind for a while.  Turn your back, and walk away.  Do it, for yourself.  Come back for the next release or something, you will be a different person.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2009, 05:23:58 pm »

No. What part of "only available source of social interaction" don't you understand? I don't know anyone anywhere else, and there is none available to get to know either. Literary the only people I ever meet is my mum, my psychologist, and my teachers, and there are no options within the near future to change that. If it weren't for these forums I would have become suicidal long ago.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

redacted123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2009, 05:26:21 pm »

I, for one, think your whole "trans-humanist" thing is holding you back. How can you make friends and interact socially when all you're ever doing is concentrating on trying to secure all emotion into one part of your mind? I'm also going to say that the very concept of doing that seems ridiculous to me. Drop the "trans-humanism", I doubt there will be a computer capable of storing a human mind in your lifetime anyway and chances are it will be very expensive and you won't be rich/privileged/important enough to warrant being stored as you will have spent all your time here or sitting in your room, contemplating things that don't really matter. Get out into the world. When you show yourself to be a person who can interact, who will seize opportunities, people will interact with you, give you opportunities.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 23, 2009, 05:29:15 pm »

He doesn't mean forcibly seize.  He means confidently seize.  Try bowling.  Local clubs.  Stuff like that.  Ultimate Frisbee team?  Classified Ads?

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 23, 2009, 05:37:53 pm »

@Stany: That is a) not really relevant, and you have misinterpreted what I'm doing, trying to do, and capable of doing completely, and b) I disagree.

@zchris1: I hate and are utterly bored by sports such as bowling, Frisbee, etc. I find places like clubs and pubs disgusting, and the only thing I could find there is misery and trouble, the kind of person that go to such places are unlikely to be someone I want to be friends with (note, this might be different in other countries, so no harm meant to those who do go to such.), and besides there are no such places nearby. A classified add is nonsensical, because the purpose of advertising is to be seen.                         
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 23, 2009, 05:41:32 pm »

Have you considered getting a job?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 23, 2009, 05:45:00 pm »

Transhumanism is a cop-out.[/BRUTALLYHONEST]

And yes, a job is your best option for getting contact with the human race.  Do it.
Shoes...

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 23, 2009, 05:51:47 pm »

If you knew ANYTHING abaut how I am IRL, you'd realize it's a MORONIC idea to get a job, besides, I don't need the money. Look, I already got SEVERAL PROFESSIONALS giving me advice on how to fix up my life, so that species of advice if far more likely to do harm than good.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 23, 2009, 05:53:26 pm »

THEY JUST WANT YOUR MONEY[/stupidity]

▼Learned that one the hard way, I did.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 05:56:15 pm by zchris13 »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 23, 2009, 05:54:51 pm »

Here's the thing.  A psychologist can't just fix you.  They can help you fix yourself, but you have to fix yourself.
Shoes...

redacted123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 23, 2009, 05:58:15 pm »

I hate being overly harsh towards people, but it seems to me that you're the kind of person who doesn't want help. All the advice you've been offered, the reply is always the same, "if you knew who I was then you'd see that's a stupid idea" or something along those lines. Personally, I think you enjoy this a little. You enjoy being the weird one with weird ideas which people supposedly don't understand but in reality either don't care about or see them for the crap that they are. You like it because it sets you apart, gives you reason to not be successful. You're locked into this mindset that you can't function as a human being. You need to stop looking for the negatives in every option and just run with one. Forget about whether you're any good in social situations, it's the thought that you can't cope that makes social situations difficult.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11