Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarfs on Duty  (Read 416 times)

Captain

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Dwarfs on Duty
« on: November 18, 2009, 09:05:31 pm »

Hi guys,

When my military is on duty (one squad of 8 ), they, instead of standing at their station, go into the bedroom area and hang out in two different rooms.  One of them has my Captain in it, who is sleeping.  The other room has no one in it, and it is not assigned to anyone. 

When they are standing down they hang out in the barracks, as usual.  Spar, etc. 

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but figured I'd ask here. 

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarfs on Duty
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 09:10:57 pm »

Are they all in the same squad? Squads are buggy right now and the entire squad will literally follow the leader. Leader goes to drink, whole squad goes to drinking area, leader wants to eat, whole squad goes to the dining hall, leader decides to sleep and you see what you observed.

This is why its best atm to keep them in individual squads, among other reasons.

The squads system and the military is getting an overhaul, things like the behavior you described and other issues will be fixed in the next release.

Captain

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarfs on Duty
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 09:18:37 pm »

Yah I know, I saw the new changes coming and cannot wait.

But, removing the leader of the Squad saw a reset in Squad AI.  The remaining members of the squad returned to post and are acting normally. 

Thanks for the quick (albeit 'not much you can do') reply!