Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 444

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 609892 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List
« Reply #135 on: December 06, 2009, 07:09:06 pm »

Btw, right now there's 10 games running.  How do you guys feel about how the games are moving so far?  I know Paranormal seems to be moving alright.  NSBM is slow but I think its more disinterest than anything else.

How are the other games?  If they are running fine then perhaps we can keep 10 games running overall. 
BYOR Pandar is moving slow.

I mean, god damn Pandar, what were you thinking?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 06, 2009, 07:10:17 pm »

Btw, right now there's 10 games running.  How do you guys feel about how the games are moving so far?  I know Paranormal seems to be moving alright.  NSBM is slow but I think its more disinterest than anything else.

How are the other games?  If they are running fine then perhaps we can keep 10 games running overall. 

People join his games.  :-D

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 06, 2009, 07:12:21 pm »

BYOR 2 is slow. Disinterest spread due to host inactivity. Hopefully fixed now.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 06, 2009, 07:29:37 pm »

It's moving fast, really... the daycycle feels slow 'cause e'eryone's used to deadlines. If you feel the day end got slow, that's likely- I expect it to rejuvenate in the morning.
MSPA seems fine.
Beginner 6 and IMBMM(BM) feel ok, but I'd wait until after weekend to pass judgment.

Ugh, so many Js.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 06, 2009, 07:39:11 pm »

I'm feeling like a lot of the games are doing much better than they were.  That said, I'd still like to maintain a lower number, since I feel like some dying is already starting to happen (BYOR2 has been going quite slowly for two weeks or so).

In other words, until the next BM crop or two sprouts into fruit, I'd keep the game level roughly where it is at the moment.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 06, 2009, 08:24:46 pm »

I'd drop it down to 9 games, myself, although if Pand's BYOR didn't have so many people in it, there might be more general activity.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 06, 2009, 08:27:05 pm »

Or maybe if the night finished.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 06, 2009, 09:01:24 pm »

9 games then.

One Lynch has started up, so we're now at 10.  So we're waiting for 2 more to end.

NSBM is at Lylo, so at most it has 2 more game days.  Since it's back into deadlines (with a hammer option) it'll probably end this week.

LCS is about 2 days from ending, going by who's left and the Deaths Per Cycle.

So in about a week we should be able to let one more game through if we keep to 9 games at a time. 

So now we get to the issue at hand: which first, BYOR or Warewolf?  I really want to suggest that poll.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 06, 2009, 09:07:09 pm »

I'm going to suggest Werewolf, since we really don't need 3 large BYORs running simultaneously.  Also, I think that some of the interest in the gametype is running down around now, so it might be wise to wait a bit before starting another one.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 06, 2009, 09:17:35 pm »

Could replace it with King of the Mafias.  That's a 6p game that's not a BYOR.

I think we really need that poll though.  Should I start a thread for polling qued games?
I KNEW IT!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 06, 2009, 09:20:08 pm »

Could replace it with King of the Mafias.  That's a 6p game that's not a BYOR.

I think we really need that poll though.  Should I start a thread for polling qued games?

Why not stick it in here?  This is really the place for that sort of thing.

Geez, I feel like we're either running a factory or ruling a small island nation at this point.  I'm glad that we haven't needed the subforum policies thread for a while, though.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 06, 2009, 10:01:52 pm »

The folks in Mafiascum would laugh at our small bits of order.  If we're running a small nation, they are running a continent.

But yah.

@Meph, Able to put King of the Mafias up in the Que then run a poll of all three?  BYOR will require 11 while King of the Mafias will require 6.  When a slot opens up, we'll run whichever gets more votes.  if possible, allow people to vote on more than one.
I KNEW IT!

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 06, 2009, 10:27:12 pm »

if possible, allow people to vote on more than one.

If possible, allow people to vote on all of them. Or just as many as possible.

I'd prefer Dak's BYOR (=D) to go before KotM, but whatever. Put 'em both up in the poll.

I say BYORD BYORMJaDNaL (gees, Dak, shorten the title) should go now. But polls are more convenient I suppose.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 08, 2009, 12:37:58 am »

Strongly suggest putting a game into signups.  Noticing various accounts of more games desired from relatively active people.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 08, 2009, 12:44:43 am »

you can call mine INFILTRATE//SEEK//ELIMINATE for now.

Just looking at the name warms the cochleas of my heart. Of course, it probably doesn't have a host of positive nostalgic memories for other people, but I'm probably going to be killing myself running it with the number of dayroles/nightroles/passive target switch roles and the fact I'll have to keep up on the loudspeaker system, so the name, she is for ME!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 444