Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 417 418 [419] 420 421 ... 444

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 614571 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List
« Reply #6270 on: January 28, 2022, 07:37:46 pm »

Yay!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6271 on: January 28, 2022, 08:35:23 pm »

If we want to play a mini-game, we could run a short game. Each of the games listed can be automatically moderated by the players themselves. It can run in between sign-ups.

Aliens (Maybe it should be called "Do Aliens Exist?") would be a Social Deduction game where 50% of the time, half of the players are Aliens. All Players vote whether Aliens exist. The Day ends when all Players have voted, and if the majority of Humans voted correctly, the Humans win. Otherwise, the Humans lose.

iRobot would be the Social Deduction game where 2 Players are Human and the rest are Robots. It takes one vote to execute a Player, but Robots cannot vote the Human. The Humans win if all Robots are executed, and the Robots win if one Human executes a Robot.

Vengeful can be the Dayless 5p Mafia variant where if a Town player is executed first, they are able to shoot another Player, and the game continues normally from there.

All are playable without a Moderator, and Mamobo can send out the roles automatically, and if another game is runnable and wanted (Like, say, SS3 or something), we can do that, too.

I just want to play another game, especially if it's short.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6272 on: January 28, 2022, 10:23:55 pm »

I've solicited assistance from Mephansteras on my game idea.

@Web: I find Aliens to be the most interesting.  I guess run something and see if you have the players?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #6273 on: January 28, 2022, 11:01:30 pm »

Do it set up a mini game
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6274 on: January 28, 2022, 11:06:19 pm »

Post here that you want to run a game with its name.
It seems like you don't have to commit to a theme or anything really. Just get your name on the list.
Oh, ok that's pretty convenient then. There's a couple games I'd like to try to run, but I should probably start with something simpler.

I'd like to submit Demon Mafia in the queue, the flavor being based off of Shin Megami Tensei and being mechanically similar to Totem Mafia as a "you pick" type of game.

If we want to play a mini-game, we could run a short game. Each of the games listed can be automatically moderated by the players themselves. It can run in between sign-ups.

Aliens (Maybe it should be called "Do Aliens Exist?") would be a Social Deduction game where 50% of the time, half of the players are Aliens. All Players vote whether Aliens exist. The Day ends when all Players have voted, and if the majority of Humans voted correctly, the Humans win. Otherwise, the Humans lose.

iRobot would be the Social Deduction game where 2 Players are Human and the rest are Robots. It takes one vote to execute a Player, but Robots cannot vote the Human. The Humans win if all Robots are executed, and the Robots win if one Human executes a Robot.

Vengeful can be the Dayless 5p Mafia variant where if a Town player is executed first, they are able to shoot another Player, and the game continues normally from there.

All are playable without a Moderator, and Mamobo can send out the roles automatically, and if another game is runnable and wanted (Like, say, SS3 or something), we can do that, too.

I just want to play another game, especially if it's short.
I'm interested to try one of these while we wait for the next game. Preference would be Aliens.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6275 on: January 28, 2022, 11:40:53 pm »

Considering running another Power Hungry Mafia, but this time with 100% fewer goo-roles. 

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6276 on: January 29, 2022, 12:46:59 am »

@Roden:
Did somebody say SMT? I even picked the role Beelzebub in BYOR15 for that reason.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6277 on: January 31, 2022, 09:08:39 am »

Oh nice, yeah I love the series. I'm still playing through V, I'm probably around the last third of the game by now but I've been taking it slow.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6278 on: February 01, 2022, 07:22:21 pm »

Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 is finally over.
Just restating this since it hasn't been updated yet. There's space for another major game to run now if we want to advance the queue.

In the meantime I might re-run my Caves of Dashar setup, since that seemed good the first time, it's small and fast, with a good amount of strategy to it. Guaranteed no power roles though, since it's better that way.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6279 on: February 02, 2022, 03:52:22 pm »

So, how long should I wait before skipping Tric and starting my game?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #6280 on: February 02, 2022, 04:44:26 pm »

I'd say you can start sign-ups on Monday if they haven't posted anything before then.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6281 on: February 02, 2022, 05:06:09 pm »

I'd say you can start sign-ups on Monday if they haven't posted anything before then.

Thanks!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6282 on: February 02, 2022, 07:08:02 pm »

Tric has said in the Bay 12 mafia Discord server that he's not in the mood for mafia at the moment. Jack can go ahead and run a game, I think.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #6283 on: February 02, 2022, 08:38:39 pm »

Yeah, I see that. I'll drop his game down on the list a few slots.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6284 on: February 02, 2022, 09:49:57 pm »

Successfully planned out Wartime Shipbuilder Mafia, or poorly thought out Armed Forces Mafia?

Wartime Shipbuilder Mafia is an evolution in setting (but not so much mechanics) of my previously proposed Island Mafia.
The gimmick is that there is a Cop and/or Tracker, but NO Doctor.  I'll probably run this one unless people really want the below.

On the back-burner:
Armed Forces Mafia gives everyone a gun (some have more shots than others), and a one-shot bulletproof vest.  Mafia have unlimited ammo.
Quick and dirty game. I'll probably run the properly planned out one above instead, but I'll put the option out there if people would prefer it.
Pages: 1 ... 417 418 [419] 420 421 ... 444