Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 444

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 610381 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List
« Reply #1620 on: October 14, 2010, 04:23:58 pm »

Sure, enhance your career. Where will that take you in 10 years?

You'll get promoted and have tons of cash. IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT? TO BE SUCCESSFUL?

I fucking love numbers, mate.  It's not about the cash--I intend to give a good amount of that away, anyhow.  It's about a chance to influence people and mean something rather than just being... lonely and pathetic.  I want to help people, not just sit around doing the mental equivalent of scooping ice cream.  I hope I'll be able to give others the courage to stand up and be grand men and women, and make better choices than I have.

I guess that in some senses, this is about revenge.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: October 14, 2010, 04:45:51 pm »

Make us proud.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: October 14, 2010, 04:51:18 pm »

In all seriousness, good for you.

Thanks--I appreciate it.

Make us proud.

I will.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: October 14, 2010, 04:52:50 pm »

Each to their own, I suppose.  Enjoy your studies and work!

(Visit on irc sometime?  Please?)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: October 14, 2010, 04:56:06 pm »

Don't worry, I'm not just completely disappearing or anything ^_^;;  But I probably won't have an internet connection in my apartment next year, so it's not like I'd be able to be really actively present or anything.  I will try to come by for status updates, from time to time.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: October 14, 2010, 05:06:31 pm »

Make us proud.
Indeed.

It used to be challenging, but ... well, Leafsnail, Dakarian, CK, Webadict, and Pandarsenic are basically gone, as are Rysith, JoshuaFH, Zai, Neruz, and so on.
I'm standing right here! I've been right here all along!
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: October 14, 2010, 05:09:48 pm »

It used to be challenging, but ... well, Leafsnail, Dakarian, CK, Webadict, and Pandarsenic are basically gone, as are Rysith, JoshuaFH, Zai, Neruz, and so on.
I'm standing right here! I've been right here all along!

You're here, but you aren't playing much... all I mean is that most of the challenging players aren't in games much anymore, and the old "S-rankers" who kept the games moving are basically out of the picture.

No offense intended =)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: October 14, 2010, 08:14:11 pm »

Yeah... I'm moving from mafia-playing to story-writing as a hobby, plus I have a bunch of math to study before I go back to school.

The other problem is that there's no one really active here right now, and I finger scum too easily  :-\  It used to be challenging, but ... well, Leafsnail, Dakarian, CK, Webadict, and Pandarsenic are basically gone, as are Rysith, JoshuaFH, Zai, Neruz, and so on.  Plus, Solifuge says he may be leaving.  I went over to xkcd and nabbed scum from their first post in the game.  I hoped a different community would help, but no.

They were good times, but sometimes we have to accept that they're over.  I'll check in from time to time and probably sign up for any particularly appealing games, but I wouldn't expect much.

Good to have you back, at least for now. But...why years?

I've finally sorted out my priorities, and mathematics calls.  It's the only place left to me, now.  My friends have largely revealed themselves to be egotistical wankers, or just busy with their own lives.  I'd rather not spend a lot of time waiting for people who do nothing with their spare time but play computer games and drink.

I've sorted out my family problems, but I'm not going to find a fulfilling life with my parents.  With what I've learned about relationships, I know that I cannot live on love alone.  I need a career, and when I do things I never do them halfway.  Looking back on my life, the people who have most impassioned my spirit, treated me kindly, and imbued me with a sense of self were math professors.  They're the ones I'll try to please now, to please myself.

I don't know.  Simply put, I need to make a life for myself, and I cannot make it here.  I have a different duty to uphold.  I'd rather spend my spare time networking at talks and department teas than in a dying subforum with people who don't seem to care anymore.
You can't leave yet. I have one last challenge for you.

But, you are right. I too feel the shifting sands. We are the dying breed of mafians. Nostalgia...

Remember when games were good, and not random pieces of crap where people do whatever they want whenever they wanted regardless of the how it affects the town? Or when everyone participated?

I don't. It's been that long.

But, Vector, I wish you will be able to play KWN. I wish all of those hardcore mafia players were only in the game.

But, yes. I'll (hopefully) see ya around, kid. You could try mafiascum if you want an actual mafia challenge. I'd join ya there if you agree. There's a lot less lurking, but the games aren't as fast-paced, and they play with a bit odder rules. But, they're very dedicated, seeing as how the entire forum is about Mafia.

Otherwise, I bid you adieu.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: October 14, 2010, 08:19:23 pm »

VECTOR IS HERE TO DO MATH AND BE AWESOME, AND SHE'S ALL OUT OF
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: October 14, 2010, 08:38:13 pm »

Okay, that's pretty funny.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: October 14, 2010, 09:00:29 pm »

Good luck Vector. You were my mentor, and you hooked me on this game, and you pretty much outlasted me as well. But its definitely a time sink, and with the forum in the state it is, I can see why you would want to move on.

Good luck, as if you need it. We know you don't, though. ^_^

Oh, and you said writing would be your new happy. Are we ever going to get to see any of that?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: October 15, 2010, 12:41:26 am »

Webadict: I'll definitely play KWN (that's on my list of "stuff I'll in on, no questions asked"), and I'll consider joining Mafiascum in a while... after I've had a good long break from mafia in general, that is.  When I do that, though, I'll be sure to send you a PM.  I want to see you there :I

:D

I'm glad we agree!

Oh, and you said writing would be your new happy. Are we ever going to get to see any of that?

Well, there is the completion of BMIX to look at =)  As for other things, I'm currently polishing a short story which I'm going to try to publish, so I'm not PMing it out to anyone or posting it--kind of worried it will get stolen and I'll be out of 50 hours' work.  At some point, I'll try to post some little noodly things, though.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: October 15, 2010, 08:28:43 am »

Webadict: I'll definitely play KWN (that's on my list of "stuff I'll in on, no questions asked"), and I'll consider joining Mafiascum in a while... after I've had a good long break from mafia in general, that is.  When I do that, though, I'll be sure to send you a PM.  I want to see you there :I
Sweet. I too was wanting a break, as my lack of Mafia games attests to. Just tell me when and I'll join.

I'll run KWN when this subforum gains some momentum.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: October 15, 2010, 05:01:15 pm »

Quick question, should I Just mercykill BYOT or if I moved it right here and now would people play?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: October 15, 2010, 05:05:20 pm »

I'd still play.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 444