Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 444

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 614552 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List
« Reply #6015 on: February 20, 2021, 01:16:25 pm »

Vengeful Mafia 14 has a full signup roster, and a couple new players-- I'll be giving people role PMs and opening up D1 soon. Anyone feel like stepping in as ICs for the new people?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6016 on: February 20, 2021, 02:52:55 pm »

Well, Exquisite Cops and Robbers 2 and CYOM4 have both ended, so what's the next major game?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6017 on: February 20, 2021, 09:03:32 pm »

What do people think about Supernatural 10 jumping the queue?

Otherwise, I'd ask Web to run either a vote mafia or a Very Parsimonious BYOR. Maybe a BSER to shake things up. I dunno. I love the new game types we're doing but gracious me, we really need some stuff that's more, I dunno, established.

Toony, you wanna run another Toon Mafia at some point? I always liked your games.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6018 on: February 20, 2021, 09:39:36 pm »

Sounds good. I don't know what Roseheart's plans are and 4mask didn't expect CYOM4 to end so quickly and seems busy.

EDIT:
Besides those two we've got:
Magic Mafia MM
Toaster's [TBD]
You Only Have One Shot
Supernatural 10

So, what do Webadict and Toaster have to say?

Otherwise, I'd ask Web to run either a vote mafia or a Very Parsimonious BYOR. Maybe a BSER to shake things up. I dunno. I love the new game types we're doing but gracious me, we really need some stuff that's more, I dunno, established.
Vote Mafia would also be good. I've been in every Vote Mafia besides 8 which mysteriously died in the night.

Toony, you wanna run another Toon Mafia at some point? I always liked your games.
Maybe. I don't want to run closed games anymore though. I'd prefer hosting a series that wasn't named after me too...
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 09:41:56 pm by ToonyMan »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6019 on: February 20, 2021, 09:45:25 pm »

Simple BYOR was a game type I ran once. And Magic Mafia is technically just a little less powerhungry BYOR

But let's talk abour the true issue. I mean... the queue itself was meant to fix the issue of too many games while also allowing moderators that didn't have much chance to run a game a chance to run one withour conflicting with more popular mods.

We could migrate towards a system where priority is given towards what players want and not what moderators want. I don't see that as an issue yet, but we will hit the old issue again sooner or later. We just need to be cognizant of that if we do change the system.

@ToonyMan: Vote Mafia 8 died because you weren't in it and my brother was.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6020 on: February 20, 2021, 09:51:11 pm »

Also, I am merely a servant of the system. I bow to the whims of the players, like a dragon to gold. I am okay with delaying my game (I actually like running them because I like to take a break.)

If y'all want to vote on what game we play next, I'm game. Meph can certainly take my spot if people want it. Or I can run a different game, too. Whatever the players want.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6021 on: February 20, 2021, 11:08:11 pm »

I'm good with whichever, I'm just being bossy because I played a buncha weird games and I wanna do mafia comfort-food :V

I like the queue. And I guess I didn't realize that Magic Mafia was a BYOR-like, that sounds fun.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6022 on: February 21, 2021, 12:06:04 am »

I am 100% okay with Paranormal or Supernatural jumping the queue.  I don't know if I'll play because my focus is poo, but they're always good games.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6023 on: February 21, 2021, 10:35:16 am »

I am 100% okay with Paranormal or Supernatural jumping the queue.  I don't know if I'll play because my focus is poo, but they're always good games.
Since everybody is busy or passing the baton to Meph let's do it.

Otherwise, if Meph doesn't want to host right now I wouldn't mind starting signups tomorrow for my Raging Loup game.

It's a simple open-setup with strong emphasis on Day game.

EDIT:
"Team whatever that was."
I don't have the flavor written up yet for Lords of Mafia, I wasn't expecting my turn to come up so quickly and have been somewhat busy the past week. Might put it up this weekend if Roseheart doesn't put his game up, he's technically first in line.
What are your plans for Lords of Mafia? Are you good this week?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 11:50:53 am by ToonyMan »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #6024 on: February 21, 2021, 12:37:12 pm »

Yeah, I can push Supernatural up. Won't take too long to get things going, so I can probably have sign-ups open sometime later today.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6025 on: February 21, 2021, 12:45:42 pm »

Yeah, I can push Supernatural up. Won't take too long to get things going, so I can probably have sign-ups open sometime later today.
Excellent. Can you add Raging Loup to the queue then?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6026 on: February 21, 2021, 05:32:24 pm »

All right, Supernatural 10 is up!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #6027 on: February 21, 2021, 07:16:03 pm »

RH's Vanilla will be pushed back at least a month :P
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6028 on: February 22, 2021, 07:23:26 pm »

Last call for sign-ups for Supernatural 10. I'll be closing it in around 40 min.
Come play Mafia with us!

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6029 on: February 23, 2021, 03:52:50 pm »

I'm considering running another micro-game or two once Vengeful Mafia 14 finishes-- they make a nice complement, I think, to the more elaborate setups played here. Are there any dinky setups y'all would like to see over the next week or two?

Alternatively, I could add a (fairly simple) game to the queue. NSBM 7 or some such.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 444