Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 444

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 611404 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List
« Reply #4395 on: March 21, 2013, 04:25:58 pm »

I want to see mountains, ZU-dalf!

Question: I know the general policy is that one should run a BM before running another game, but what with the trend towards interminable Extension BMs, waiting for one's opportunity to run a game might take many months when the will and opportunity has long since passed. So would anyone be terribly upset if I went ahead and ran a small mafia-like game? I've been mulling over experimenting with my idea for a five-player Elemental Mafia.

Which is why I added the "Use extension or lose it for the day" thing in my BM. I don't know how others felt about it but I felt that it would make everything be alright.

I'd want to see the set-up posted here [spoilered of course] before you put it into an actual game just to make sure everything checks out.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Quadressence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4396 on: March 21, 2013, 06:01:46 pm »

I want to see mountains, ZU-dalf!

Question: I know the general policy is that one should run a BM before running another game, but what with the trend towards interminable Extension BMs, waiting for one's opportunity to run a game might take many months when the will and opportunity has long since passed. So would anyone be terribly upset if I went ahead and ran a small mafia-like game? I've been mulling over experimenting with my idea for a five-player Elemental Mafia.
Ooo, ooo! Is void the fifth one? Because relevant username! If not, then I'll just slink that-a-way --> -_-;

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4397 on: March 21, 2013, 06:09:38 pm »

The BM Nerjin ran had good activity and didn't last so long that everyone was entirely fed up of it, so I'd say that that was a good rule.

Here's the set-up for Elemental Mafia, or, because it has nothing to do with organised crime, just ELEMENTS

The set up:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Discussion of the set up:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4398 on: March 21, 2013, 06:32:45 pm »

I suggest you take this set-up over to the Set up discussion thread. I have a feeling that it has a few issues that really need to be worked out.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4399 on: March 21, 2013, 06:42:36 pm »

Good call, I've pasted the above unspoilered in the discussion thread.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4400 on: March 23, 2013, 12:42:29 pm »

Hmm. . . what games do we have in the planning stages, other than Elemental?  Looks like the OP hasn't been updooted in a while.

(I wanna play somethin')
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4401 on: March 23, 2013, 12:45:52 pm »

Not much going on right now at all. I'll get the OP updated, but we could certainly use another game or two in Sign-ups.

Totem Mafia 2 probably won't go more than another week, so I can start thinking about what I'll run next.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4402 on: March 23, 2013, 12:50:32 pm »

I could always start Roguelike 6.  Final interest check?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4403 on: March 23, 2013, 12:55:07 pm »

I'd be up for it.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4404 on: March 23, 2013, 01:01:51 pm »

I want to run some form of Elements maybe next week or the week after when I'm off work again.

I'd play roguelike.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4405 on: March 23, 2013, 01:29:57 pm »

Yeah, Roguelike for me, please.  Dunno about Elements--zero offense to you, NQT, I'm just usually not that into 5p games.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4406 on: March 23, 2013, 01:48:59 pm »

Okay then, thread going up.  It'll be in signups till at least Monday.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4407 on: March 23, 2013, 09:41:59 pm »

Are there too many in sign-ups right now to do a basic mafia thing? I've gotten an idea for flavor in my head that I sort of want to run. Basically it'd be a BM with a few more power roles tossed in. I dunno. I figured I'd ask about availability of running a game first.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4408 on: March 23, 2013, 09:45:10 pm »

There's only one other in signups, so, uh, no--you're good, but you should run the balance by another person first.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4409 on: March 23, 2013, 09:46:42 pm »

KotM can be discounted since it's an ongoing thing, Totem won't have too much longer, and Roguelike's just starting signups.  You should be good.

And ninja by Vector.
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 444