Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 444

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 611429 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List
« Reply #4350 on: March 09, 2013, 10:29:08 pm »

[Opinion inbound]

Well I disagree with ya there. Cursing isn't really funny to begin with anymore. Maybe at one point the absurdity of it but with its prevalance in culture [American anyway] makes it sorta like saying "Pineapple" or whatever. But that's just my opinion.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4351 on: March 09, 2013, 11:11:37 pm »

[Opinion inbound]

Well I disagree with ya there. Cursing isn't really funny to begin with anymore. Maybe at one point the absurdity of it but with its prevalance in culture [American anyway] makes it sorta like saying "Pineapple" or whatever. But that's just my opinion.
True this.  Cursing isn't funny, that's true. :P

Censors work though. Both don't hold the 'funny' idea for me, but what I've experienced regarding those things is different anyway.

Cultural/Regional barriers and such.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4352 on: March 10, 2013, 12:03:01 am »

What the pineapple do you mean by that?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4353 on: March 10, 2013, 12:25:04 am »

I absolutely disagree. I think cursing is hilarious.

The Camping Trip

I basically thought, "hey, what if I just filled in all the works with fuck?" And I added a few others as well.

Well, it turned out quite well, in my opinion.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4354 on: March 10, 2013, 12:54:02 am »

Its a situational thing XD

What the pineapple do you mean by that?
Like this, You pineapple.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4355 on: March 10, 2013, 10:55:47 am »

[Opinion inbound]
I don't really mind cursing as long as you don't pepper your daily sentences with them.  I'd prefer you were actually mad when cursing and not just vulgar.

Spoiler: For Example (click to show/hide)

Also no I never swear out-loud.   :-[

EDIT:
You know it's bad if you can't yawn without saying "fuck" or "shit" afterwards.  I know people like this.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #4356 on: March 10, 2013, 11:36:42 am »

You know it's bad if you can't yawn without saying "fuck" or "shit" afterwards.  I know people like this.
You're lucky you haven't walked russian (or ukrainian, for that matter) streets while knowing Russian. I doubt you can find any other places on earth where you will not be exaggerating when saying that people swear once for every two words said.

*yawn* Fuck, my jaw locked up.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4357 on: March 10, 2013, 01:04:15 pm »

You're lucky you haven't walked russian (or ukrainian, for that matter) streets while knowing Russian. I doubt you can find any other places on earth where you will not be exaggerating when saying that people swear once for every two words said.

Clearly you do not know Brazil. I myself tend to curse at least once every two sentences (usually more, however).
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #4358 on: March 10, 2013, 01:16:19 pm »

Clearly you do not know Brazil. I myself tend to curse at least once every two sentences (usually more, however).
No, really. Post-soviet countries, there are quite a few people who swear every second or third word.
"Сука блядь этот ебучий пидорас вообще охуел, ему гандон наголову прихуярить мало." <-- The curse words are red, yellow ones are also "frowned upon". And this I heard while just walking down the street, and it's pretty typical of at least 20% of the population.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #4359 on: March 11, 2013, 07:37:06 am »

What Tolyk said (except yellow ones are curses too).

Also, when I said about one curse per two words, I meant only interjections that don't have a meaning of their own and instead serve to swearify the words around. In Tolyk's example several of the words are actual verbs or nouns (for example, охуел roughly translates to 'self-dickified' and means, roughly, 'intentionally became an asshole'), so if you count those, the total swears-per-word ratio can rise to 1. I am not joking.

Yay for derails.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #4360 on: March 11, 2013, 03:15:01 pm »

Yay. Дай пять. :P

And back on topic.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4361 on: March 11, 2013, 05:29:13 pm »

Has anyone bagged running the next Beginner's Mafia? If not, could I do the honours? I'd like to run other kinds of mafia games (like maybe elemental mafia), and I gather the done thing is to run a BM first.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4362 on: March 11, 2013, 05:30:13 pm »

I don't know if anyone has, but please do.  More people who want to run games is always a good thing in my book.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4363 on: March 11, 2013, 05:44:43 pm »

If you do, please get the OP and numerals right.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4364 on: March 11, 2013, 06:29:33 pm »

Has anyone bagged running the next Beginner's Mafia? If not, could I do the honours? I'd like to run other kinds of mafia games (like maybe elemental mafia), and I gather the done thing is to run a BM first.
Flying Dice already called it a long time ago.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 444