Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 444

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 610126 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List
« Reply #3900 on: March 29, 2012, 09:27:05 pm »

I'd love to help you work on your Cybrid mafia. It should be an open setup anyways (newest one isn't, but thats why its part bastard), so it shouldn't stop me from being able to play either.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3901 on: March 29, 2012, 09:33:37 pm »

I would be interested in any non-bastard game at this time. :P
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3902 on: March 29, 2012, 09:50:10 pm »

As would I.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3903 on: March 29, 2012, 10:33:57 pm »

Standard Cybrid Mafias are non-bastard. They aren't classic mafia, but they aren't intended to be bastards either. Thats part of why I was pushing Servant to do one with a fully open setup.

In fact, Servant Corps, I'd be willing to IC your hosting attempt if you want. :P I can't remember - have you hosted other games before?

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3904 on: March 29, 2012, 10:53:25 pm »

I have hosted other games before (Religious Mafia #2, both Alien Mafias, an early CCS Mafia version, and Third-World Mafia).

I don't think you could help in balancing "Cybrid Mafia" because while the possible roles are indeed public information, the exact combination of roles are not. For example, you know that Rebels can be soldiers, but you don't know how many Rebel Soldiers they are in the game (or even if they are), etc. So while you could help me balance the game, you would not be able to play, because you have an undue advantage over knowing what roles each team has (even if you don't know who has those roles).
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3905 on: March 29, 2012, 11:04:08 pm »

Okay, didn't see any games by you in the last couple pages, and haven't been in any of yours, so I didn't know. I'm available in whatever role you want me as, especially as player. :P

I had also meant more generally, like "This role was intended with this role, and these roles work in conjunction, and these go together" and maybe sharing my choice algorithms, but honestly if you've run that many games you've probably got this stuff down.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3906 on: March 29, 2012, 11:19:07 pm »

Well, actually, if you have some choice algorithms, I'd be happy to take a look at them and use them. I just thought none existed, but if it did exist, I'd be happy to use it. I'd also be supportive of "dev notes" considering the roles, just in case I accidentally missed the point of them. More information is good.

All the games I ran were long ago, I've been very inactive in the Bay12 Mafia community.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3907 on: April 02, 2012, 11:47:08 am »

Meph, I've really been wanting to run a 2-host game setup of some sort. Either two split interacting games, or with mechanics that can only be handled by two hosts. I've got a couple ideas.

Would you be interested in something like that?

Possibly. Certainly happy to talk about ideas and see if they go anywhere, at least.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3908 on: April 02, 2012, 12:06:05 pm »

Not this week, though. Gotta start my quick bastard and finish Cybrid, and I'm working overtime. Crunch, yo.

I was thinking of running to interacting Politibastards though. Similar rulesets, but set in a year with no incumbent, and smaller groups (5 or 7)in each primary.

Though... a double game of Paranormal has the potential to be pretty sweet. But maybe it would be better to do something original, hmm...

I'll like over my idea list if I get time at home not sleeping or updating this week.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3909 on: April 02, 2012, 12:40:24 pm »

We can talk about it. I have an idea for an interesting Super-computer based Mafia game (as in, the players are all AIs). Could be interesting to come up with a dual-game version of that.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3910 on: April 05, 2012, 07:41:58 am »

We have two running games- what the hell?

Interest check- Roguelike Four or something else?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3911 on: April 05, 2012, 08:50:21 am »

Positive interest detected.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #3912 on: April 05, 2012, 09:06:37 am »

We can talk about it. I have an idea for an interesting Super-computer based Mafia game (as in, the players are all AIs). Could be interesting to come up with a dual-game version of that.
I don't have enough time sinks.

Also, WTF happened to Vote Mafia?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #3913 on: April 05, 2012, 09:08:32 am »

It's been in a night phase for a bit longer than usual.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3914 on: April 05, 2012, 09:55:06 am »

It's been in a night phase for a bit longer than usual.

I'm actually a tiny bit worried as to what happened.  Webadict's profile says he was last active "March 19, 2012, 09:47:15 pm".  And penngo (who is his brother, right?) hasn't been around since the 24th.
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 444