Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: The Meaning Of Life  (Read 4830 times)

andy1005

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Meaning Of Life
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2009, 08:13:56 am »

Yes? I'm not really a troll just because I said I was. In fact I am chief moderator and alpha tester of another forum and well-known game forum. I just have a unique sense of humour. Now I'm just conveying my views. Let this be the last post regarding to my last few posts about 'trolling'.

codezero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2009, 08:14:12 am »

I dreamt last night I was experimented on by these aliens with a plant-like associate on mars or near there, and I ended up passing their tests, I was a bit more uber and they chose me. Then I was sort of like Dr Who, zooming thru space in a 1 man shuttle the size of the tardis, but with a spire capped by a ball bearing. Anyway I passed a couple of earth like worlds and landed on one of 'em, I taught an old lady how to operate her kettle, they didn't know these sorts of things. I had something like a sonic screwdriver which was important. I thought I better get off this world but I couldnt fly the tardis to get it higher than a few hundred metres. So I landed and grabbed all the manuals and shit which I'd stashed in some house, but while I was in this house 3 females after my secrets came up to me weilding scissors, they weren't very hostile but they had my screwdriver (which I needed) and wouldn't give it back nor would they let me go back to my tardis, I wrenched myself out of the dream.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2009, 08:15:57 am »

Come on, you're an interstellar spacecop or whatever, you should've used your charms to get them to give you the screwdriver back.
Shoes...

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2009, 08:16:45 am »

Yes? I'm not really a troll just because I said I was. In fact I am chief moderator and alpha tester of another forum and well-known game forum. I just have a unique sense of humour. Now I'm just conveying my views. Let this be the last post regarding to my last few posts about 'trolling'.
I don't quite believe you.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Eidalac

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecchi Inside
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2009, 08:37:15 am »

I really don't feel like responding right now to you people.
Who cares.

Hey, you asked the question.

Now, IMHO, life is it's own reason and purpose.

To live is to live, to be is to be.

What is, is.  What shall be, shall be.

Everything I learned about philosophy I learned while RPing a Japanese vampire... good times.

Honestly, I'm not big on the whole existential navel gazing thing, so I don't need anything deep and profound on the matter.
is he okay?
In the traditional sense of the word?  No, he's been dissolved in magma.

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2009, 10:36:46 am »

how can there be a greater meaning if im the centre of the universe - there fore i will do as i wish
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2009, 10:51:53 am »

Andy1005 Hey there scum.

Wait. This isn't a mafia game? My bad.

Life is in itself a meaning. It's so much better than non-existing

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2009, 10:52:27 am »

There is no meaning. We create meaning as humans, and thus see the world from a purpose-coloured viewpoint.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2009, 12:49:17 pm »

Level up, take out the final boss, enjoy the credit roll. Metaphorical where desired.

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2009, 03:17:12 pm »

how can there be a greater meaning if im the centre of the universe - there fore i will do as i wish

The sad thing is, there are far more people who honestly believe this than you'd expect. Most are just jerks, spouting nonsense like this, but not really believing it - oh, they'll smile and do something stupid from time to time, but on the whole they're just as scared of being alone as the rest of us. They'll still go to work, pay their bills, try to maintain some kind of social network.

Those who really believe it are what we call sociopaths.

But what is the meaning of life? For me, the meaning is whatever the hell gets you through the day. Meaning changes every second to every circumstance. Meaning is what you make it. Meaning is subjective, and so this question can never be answered by anyone other than yourself.
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2009, 06:10:56 pm »

Level up, take out the final boss, enjoy the credit roll. Metaphorical where desired.

You know what, I agree! I should get my rifle and get my ranged attack skill up.

Wait. Might not have any AP left... Dammit gonna be stuck at rank B forever.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2009, 06:48:59 pm »

The meaning of life is what you make it - there is no special purpose you were born to do.  It's in your hands what to do with your life.  Personally I think the best thing to do is to either improve the way things are, or help the next generation along so they'll have their own chances to improve things.  How this is done can very as far as your imagination can stretch it.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Mr Tk

• Bay Watcher
  • Would you like a mint? It's only waffer thin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2009, 07:12:16 pm »

The meaning of life is what you make of it. There are 6 billion people in the world all with 6 billion different ideas of what the meaning of life is.

Anyway I like the Monty Python's Meaning of Life definition which is describe by John Cleese as "... nothing very special"

Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations.
First ten minutes of play I ate my loincloth and then got some limbs torn off by a super friendly rat. Thumbs up from me.

Eidalac

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecchi Inside
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2009, 08:17:26 pm »

You know what, I agree! I should get my rifle and get my ranged attack skill up.

...aaaannnddd then we all died. :)
is he okay?
In the traditional sense of the word?  No, he's been dissolved in magma.

codezero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2009, 08:56:14 pm »

Come on, you're an interstellar spacecop or whatever, you should've used your charms to get them to give you the screwdriver back.

See? Where's captain Jack when you need him. The leader was quite cute too, with her straight-cut short brown hair and bronze complexion.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6