Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Maple's Modding: Attempt 1  (Read 1041 times)

Mapleleaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Maple's Modding: Attempt 1
« on: November 17, 2009, 09:15:11 am »

I've been doing a bit of raw editing lately, and so I've come to adding in stuff inspired by my favorite fantasy universe, Warhammer.

Some stuff I added, including banners (:D):

Helmets:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Shields:

Weapons:

About the lord helmet, think this. I made it expensive for a reason; I want it to be a special thingy.

I'm probably adding more to this, but for now I'd like to know if these things will work ingame?
I added them all to the entities, the banners only being added for a specific race (I mean that I didn't add the elf banner, for instance, to the dwarves, instead of making it UNCOMMON in the entity file I just realized that weapons don't need COMMON/UNCOMMON >_>)

Now, I'm sort of new to RAW editing, so please do correct me if you see mistakes.

EDIT: Also, no banner for the kobolds, as I didn't think that would be very fitting for a raiding party.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 04:00:25 am by Mapleleaf »

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Maple's Modding: Attempt 1
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 03:49:38 pm »

Change the dwarven banner to use the spear skill.

Why? Well because in fortress mode it is currently impossible to get dwarfs to wield any weapon other than spears, swords, crossbows, axes, maces, hammers, and their bare hands.

Also the minimum size for both goblin and dwarf banners is 7- they are size 6 so won't be able to wield them.

I'm not very experienced with shield/helmet modding so I haven't looked through them.

Mapleleaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maple's Modding: Attempt 1
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 03:57:25 am »

Ah, I knew that would be an issue somewhere, thanks for the info.