Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Screen Cutoff  (Read 442 times)

Kerikath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Screen Cutoff
« on: November 16, 2009, 11:32:22 pm »

The right edge of the game screen, in all cases, is cut off, like it's too wide for my monitor. I thought it might have to do with the resolution of my monitor, which is a widescreen, so I tried adjusting the resolution to my monitor size. It didn't work. >:( I'm just starting this game, and I've read so much awesome stuff about it, and already it's trying to kill me with frustration.

Anybody else ever had this problem?

KenboCalrissian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Screen Cutoff
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 12:07:47 am »

You need to make some modifications to your init file (..\Dwarf Fortress\data\init\init.txt).  The Wiki has some instructions on how to fix it.

The options in init.txt will let you resize the view window to whatever dimensions you want.  Find your screen resolution and modify accordingly.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 12:44:57 pm by KenboCalrissian »
I've never tried it and there's a good chance it could make them freak out.
Do it.
Severedcoils - the Baron Consort accumulation challenge
Severedcoils II: The Reckoning - a DnD 5e Adventure set in the world of Severedcoils

Kerikath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Screen Cutoff
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 12:40:35 am »

Ah, lazy beginner's mistake. I had already checked the wiki for solutions, but I didn't edit the right entry. I'm not even sure what I edited before, I can't remember, but I know I saved it and it didn't have any ill effects. I'm hoping it'll stay that way. Thank you.