Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Lots and lots of fun, plx?  (Read 1209 times)

JordanBBad

• Bay Watcher
  • nyak nyak nyak
    • View Profile
Lots and lots of fun, plx?
« on: November 16, 2009, 05:14:14 pm »

Pardon if this has been answered before, but what tags/tokens (if possible) determine where funhouses spawn in worldgen, or even, Armok help us, how many? Something tells me it would be mighty fun to have a world completely covered in funhouses and its clown inhabitants...

Oh, and I'm new lol. Not like you give a sh*t.

clc02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lots and lots of fun, plx?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 05:36:59 pm »

Funhouse people are in the creature_standard.
I think the tag that makes them so 'gosh darn phun' is [REDACTED] And the ringleader's have [END] or something along those lines, I'm pretty sure the number of them spawned in set in stone, only thing that changes stuff is editing the fun abilities they have and their sphere.  I think there was a post that listed all the spheres that were supported and what they did a bit back.
Only in dwarven culture is alcohol poisoning a death worthed investigating, while being impaled through several toes, a eye, and a thumb from a spiraling water[3] is not.  Because everyone knows, the only way a dwarf could get alcohol poisoning is if someone put poison into the alcohol.

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 06:21:17 pm »

They only appear in mountain tiles, so you could try increasing the number of mountains during worldgen. It might work, or it may be that the number of "Other Features" is set. You could add [LARGE_ROAMING] and some appropriate biome tokens to any of the inmates you want to see roaming about the map. Stick the population up high if you would like swarms of them

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 06:46:52 pm »

You get one demon pit per mountainous region. However, you need non-mountainous regions in the world or else none of the civilizations will be able to move around. This is true even if your "mountains" are never more than 2 Z-levels tall and always very gently-sloped.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 06:48:35 pm »

For the record, he means regional tiles. A single named mountain region will have more than one, provided it's not tiny.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 06:53:37 pm »

Yeah, exactly. But it's only an idea. I've never thought to count how many HFSsites there are in a world. Could be that there's a certain number decided on based on the size of the world, and it just sticks them in any appropriate place untill it's met its quota.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 06:54:52 pm »

I honestly doubt there's a quota; I've always seen one per regional tile, like the other features. If there IS some limit, it'll be found, but I've never noticed.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Sethner Von Hertts

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Creed: Fiat Justitia Ruat Caelum
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 10:13:55 pm »

All you must know is out there, you just must know where to look
[ITEM_SIZE:shoes]
If the all those in the heavens refuse me salvation, then all those in the heavens will die by my hands.

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 11:30:35 am »

Is it possible that there is a limit of only one of each of the possible features per 16x16?  Has anyone ever seen, for instance, two magma pipes in the same embark 16x16?
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 11:35:27 am »

I am pretty sure there is a limit of features per a mountain region.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 03:53:06 pm »

Is it possible that there is a limit of only one of each of the possible features per 16x16?  Has anyone ever seen, for instance, two magma pipes in the same embark 16x16?
I have two magma pipes in a 6x6, along with a "river" in the corner, which just kinda pumps water into my desert map.
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2009, 04:06:12 pm »

I have two magma pipes in a 6x6, along with a "river" in the corner, which just kinda pumps water into my desert map.

Two magma pipes, or a pipe and a pool?

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2009, 04:23:15 pm »

I'm currently under invasion and cant tell, but it wouldnt make sense to have a random pocket I'd think.
still need to dig around and into it, need to take precautionary measures.
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2009, 04:30:04 pm »

1 HFS chamber per 1 mountain region tile. Never seen more. Never seen 2 magma pipes on the same map, only a pipe and a pool. rivers and brooks seem to be the only exceptions to the rule.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2009, 04:50:21 pm »

The features I am thinking of as special are:

Underground river
Underground pool
Magma pipe
Magma pool
Chasm
Bottomless pit
HFS
Pages: [1] 2