Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [GROWDUR:???] Missing?  (Read 681 times)

MatrexsVigil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[GROWDUR:???] Missing?
« on: November 16, 2009, 04:39:46 pm »

I was looking through the raws, and I found that all DF standard (non-modded) above ground plants have no [GROWDUR:] token in their entry yet all the below ground plants do.  How does the game know how long they should grow?

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [GROWDUR:???] Missing?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 04:41:51 pm »

Some tags in the game, when missing, just default to some particular value. So all of the above-ground plants (or other plants missing GROWDUR) will grow at the same default rate. I forget what the rate is, and the wiki doesn't seem to list it, that I can find.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

MatrexsVigil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 04:47:47 pm »

Some tags in the game, when missing, just default to some particular value. So all of the above-ground plants (or other plants missing GROWDUR) will grow at the same default rate. I forget what the rate is, and the wiki doesn't seem to list it, that I can find.

Ah, okay. I had a feel that was what happened. 

Does anyone happen to know what the default [GROWDUR] is?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 04:58:29 pm »

Ah, okay. I had a feel that was what happened. 

Does anyone happen to know what the default [GROWDUR] is?

There's way to find out. With some math I concluded that 1 day is equivalent to [GROWDUR:12]. Plant an above-ground, uh, plant and count the amount of days after it mature, multiply by 12 and voila! You have default [GROWDUR] for plants who miss it.

I would do it myself but my better PC is in repairs, and the one I'm on now is just crap.

EDIT: In case that you don't believe, here's the math:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 05:01:52 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.