Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Prisoner (New miniseries and the original too)  (Read 525 times)

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
The Prisoner (New miniseries and the original too)
« on: November 16, 2009, 12:24:33 am »

I'm trying to watch the new series premiere. I really am trying, but the protagonist is too stupid. He acts like a character out of a video game. No, seriously. He goes up to the front of the mansion and screams (paraphrased):
"I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE!"

Genius! I half expected Magneto- er, McKellen, to lean out the window and yell back:
"If there was a conspiracy we would have already offed you for being so god-dammed nosy, noisy, and straight-forward with an obviously dangerous subject! Now SHUT UP and let me eat my cake!"

Then he runs off into the desert again with no extra provisions or anything. At which point I gave up, but not before seeing the rover. Yay.

Was the protagonist in the original this anti-subtle, short-sighted and *special*? I'm going to have to watch some of the original series. Anyone have anything to say about the original series?

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
Re: The Prisoner (New miniseries and the original too)
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 01:55:22 pm »

I think the phrase is: Charmingly, awesomely, crap.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 08:35:13 pm »

I watched the whole premier, and I must say it's one of the most convoluted and horrible shows ever.

Simultaneously, he is a rebel, a kid on a beach, a man hunting prostitutes, and some guy's brother. Also, everyone he knows in the village (including himself at one point) is crushed by HUEG white balls.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Gorjo MacGrymm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 03:26:44 pm »

Please watch the original series.  It shats upon McKellen & Co.
"You should stop cutting down all these herr trees, or, MAN is my Queen going to be Aaaaa-aang-Re-ee with you guys!" flipping his hand and batting his eyelashes."
"Oh my god guys, wood, is like, totally murder."