Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40D16] Forbidding and renabling cause mood to fail  (Read 494 times)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[40D16] Forbidding and renabling cause mood to fail
« on: November 15, 2009, 04:50:08 pm »

Greetings i tried to play around with a moody dwarf and forbid all what was inside the workshop as soon he started working on the artifact, and i re-enabled it without unpausing the game, and he kept saying working secretly but never finished it and didnt go back to gather up what he needed.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40D16] Forbidding and renabling cause mood to fail
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 06:34:44 pm »

Well.  Yeah.  The forbid took the TSK off, and even when you unforbid he's already started "building" so he doesn't go back to the "gathering" stage.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 10:36:13 pm »

i know that but what i dont know if is it meant so the dwarf stay stuck in the build stage and dont go back gathering, im just reporting an odd behavior that i dont know if its meant to be like that or no :)
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 11:13:50 pm »

Probably falls under the umbrella of this one:

# 000861 □ [dwarf mode][moods]   (Report) forbidding an item after a mood dwarf has started their construction will cause the item not to be used in the construction

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 12:50:31 am »

It does good thing it was already found, bad thing i wasnt fast enough to find a bug i was soo happy to actually find something i  tought havent been found but oh well, i guess ill be more lucky with the new release heheheh

KenboCalrissian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 01:18:24 pm »

It's OK, no one's keeping score of most bugs reported ;)
I've never tried it and there's a good chance it could make them freak out.
Do it.
Severedcoils - the Baron Consort accumulation challenge
Severedcoils II: The Reckoning - a DnD 5e Adventure set in the world of Severedcoils