Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Sofia's rant and question thread. Today you dine on grapefruit. :3  (Read 7745 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

Here, I say stuff. Stuff that happens or I think. Much like two other topics on this very board. :3
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 06:55:32 am by Sofia »
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Might be away, I don't know for sure.
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 12:01:16 am »

Feeling down is an important part of everybody and it spares no one.
I would take my life if not for the fact that I've never let go of hope.
Hope will always live in my heart.
I hope it lives in yours.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 12:04:59 am »

First, don't beat yourself up over it. Do you think she would have wanted you to go crazy? You couldn't have done anything to stop her, even if you could its history. No matter how much you blaim yourself, she wont come back.

Second, do what would make you feel better. If telling them what you feel, but not telling makes you kill yourself, TELL THEM! You should all ways come first. If doing so would make you lose friends, and that would make you feel worse then just bottling up the feelings then don't tell.

Finely, stop worry. You'll only make your self feel worse in the end.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 12:12:05 am »

And a wave of heaviness seems to sweep over the forums now.

I have no experience with your first point, so I don't think any advice I can give would help. I might even make things worse. All I can do is hope that these nightmares of a wronged past will stop, as I don't think your friend would want this weighing so heavily on your heart.

The second point is a but more difficult to deal with, as there are wildly varying ideals on what Love is. The advice I give on this is subjective, so feel free to throw it out. If you are willing to go through the crap of your past relationships to make them happy, then go for it. If you are interested for a personal motivation then the fallout might not be worth it. This is a tricky one.

I think it was said in another thread that the best one can do for somebody deep in depression is be there with them. You don't even necessarily have to say anything, just be somebody for them to be with. I'm not sure if this deals with loneliness, but show with subtle actions how you feel about them.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Eidalac

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecchi Inside
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 12:29:35 am »

0_0

Well, I'm pretty sure you'll feel better after you get to talk to Milly.  Talking almost always helps, and keeping stuff inside never helps; that I know for a fact.

Just remember, you are bloody awesome. 
is he okay?
In the traditional sense of the word?  No, he's been dissolved in magma.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 12:41:21 am »

Well, I just spent the past hour writing about Batman and drinking wine, which tells you how good my advice is, but I hope you'll listen to me.  You know I care.  So here's my addition to the advice pile.

Tell everyone everything.  Acknowledgment makes everything better.  Apprehension makes everything worse.

You are not responsible for your friend killing herself.  Was there something, somehow, that you could possibly have done to prevent it?  In another place and time, just maybe.  But lived your life in the way that you could only be expected to, and it happened anyway.  By the sound of it, you were a great friend to her too.  All other implications aside, you two wouldn't have been so close if you were in any way the cause of her terminal sadness.  It was not your fault.  I know all too well how hard that is to believe, but I assure you, it was not your fault.

And as for the attraction, just talk about it, especially if it's the kind of thing that you know can't happen.  Well, I say that, but that didn't exactly work out for me.  On second thought, try to figure out why you're attracted.  Hell, tell us - we can't hurt anything, and just hearing someone else's perspective might shake it out of your head.

And the friend, well, that's life.  And sometimes you don't feel so helpful.  You just have to do whatever you can.

You know we're always here and we like you.  What little that matters sure, shadows in a cave and all that.  But I'd like to think we're better than nothing, and we are your friends.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 12:53:56 am »

Yeah, I don't really have anything good to add, everyone else's advice was too good.
Anyway, good luck. Hope you feel better soon.

Eidalac

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecchi Inside
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
is he okay?

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2009, 01:53:40 am »

Talking really helps... We just talked it over for nearly two hours, and I feel mostly better. She was quite suprised I'd been holding all that back, and she told me to just talk with her when I feel like that again.

So I'm back already then. Both me and her think a break from here would actually be bad for me.

I'm sorry I worried you all.

Also... That little clam actually cheered me up quite a bit Eidalac. :3

Eidalac

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecchi Inside
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2009, 02:02:48 am »

Also... That little clam actually cheered me up quite a bit Eidalac. :3

^_^

That comic has some real gems, but the clam always wins it for me.

So glad to hear you are feeling better. :)
is he okay?

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2009, 02:06:32 am »

Welcome back, Sofia! I'm glad to hear you feel better, as well. I apparently missed this topic when it was new, somehow...

Never underestimate the power of a good talk! :D

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: I'm staying right here guys. :3 Now this is my ranting thread.
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2009, 02:11:58 am »

And a good hug... To be honest we only really talked for like... 30 minutes... The rest was pretty much her holding onto me in her lap and rocking me like a little baby... It was just... So cute and nice feeling. :3

Eidalac

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecchi Inside
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2009, 02:24:20 am »

Huzza for Hugs!
is he okay?

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2009, 02:27:13 am »

Aww, that sounds nice. Huzzah! :D

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2009, 02:27:34 am »

Having someone to talk with is great to have. Especially great if you have family willing to talk with you if nobody else is available.

In regards to the love issue; at least by my perspective, it's a jaded concept that garners no more attention from me. But alas, that is a different story on it own. Simply put, don't worry about love; it should come from somewhere. Usually as a blindside; or so I've been fooled into the concept of thinking. I say, just accept what comes your way, and wing it if you have no plan on how to deal with it. Moreso, that's my overall perspective on life.

Nice to see you're here to stay though.

Always remember, it usually darkest before dawn. Stick around, and the light will eventually come over the horizon.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 02:36:57 am by Itnetlolor »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10