Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Serkib and Fenrir's Den  (Read 3619 times)

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
Serkib and Fenrir's Den
« on: November 14, 2009, 11:20:22 pm »

Fenrir glances about a bit nervously.

Well, hello, old friends and new faces alike. I've been living at http://www.roguetemple.com and working on a now abandoned roguelike project. Sorry fishersalwaysdie, it looks like I still suck.

I've gotten to work on Serkib again. Serkib was an old project of mine designed to generate random words and translation raws (language_DWARF.txt, etc.) The new one doesn't generate new raws yet, but it does generate lists of random words using Markov Chains (I think, not quite sure my implementation is a Markov Chain). Those of you that used Serkib in the past will remember that the interface used the command line, but my latest development attempt uses GTK.

I've established my own little corner of the Internet, where I mean to post updates about Serkib, roleplaying threads, and whatever else I care to do. You can visit my forum and download an alpha release of Serkib here.

So, yeah, sorry about disappearing again. I hate to sound all mysterious, but some stuff happened that I don't care to share. Everything is just fine now, though. At least I didn't make a thread about it this time.

I hope this is the right forum for this. Back in my day, we didn't have all these fancy subforums. All we had was Various Nonsense, and we liked it! You kids these days don't...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Serkib and Fenrir's Den
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 11:49:24 pm »

Fenrir I knew you'd be back
They always come back

If it's you for real, then we're some old beardy men

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 11:57:27 pm »

it looks like I still suck.
Never quite understood what the deal with people having that point of view is.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 11:58:06 pm »

Well, if you intend to actively work on the project here than Other Games might do well. If this is just a general chat about that and other things this might be the best place.

But nice seeing you again.
 And yes, the suck is nothing most of us associate with you. You are just beating yourself up.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 12:43:51 am »

Creative Projects would also work well.  And you know we're willing to give anybody a chance.

Toady, not so much.  You might be surprised to find out that fishersalwaysdie was banned in your absence.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 12:49:06 am »

Hello there person–who–I–do–not–know–but–apparently–was–famous–or–something–here–awhile–ago.
Welcome back.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 01:00:42 am »

Hello there person–who–I–do–not–know–but–apparently–was–famous–or–something–here–awhile–ago.
Welcome back.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2009, 01:06:52 am »

Holy hell is that pulling a Fenrir right there. Welcome back man, I came in as you headed out.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 01:16:12 am by sonerohi »
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2009, 01:10:07 am »

FENRIR!!!!

It's good to see you back. I'd share stories of my failed campaign to get you elected Baron, but we try not to talk about VN anymore.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2009, 01:57:20 am »

Hey... I remember you from back when I was a lurker... Nice to finally meet you.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2009, 02:09:40 am »

Hey... I remember you. I hardly knew you before you left. Good to see you back. Well, hey, get comfortable. A lot has changed but a lot has stayed the same!

Remember, the darkling theme is awesome. :D

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2009, 02:51:26 am »

Heya Fenrir.

I barely chatted with you, and missed out on your leaving threads despite being around then, but since then, I've hoped you'd come back.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2009, 03:29:10 am »

Fenrir!  Damn dude, you just don't give up, do you?  Man, this place must really have its hooks in you. Heh heh.

Well, I've said it before, and it's likely I'll say it again at some point...  Good to have you back.

Whatever happened to that Runelike you were working on?  That was looking pretty cool. 

By the way, the current package of Serkib hosted at your place appears to not be independent.  Might want to point out what all else needs to be downloaded/run in order to work it.

Here's hoping you stick around for a while.  I won't go so far as to say you'll add a touch of class to the place, but you'll certainly add...  'something'.

EDIT:  Oh, here's something...  Ever done a Let's Play?  I was just making a comment about how nobody has made the connection between Dwarf Fortress and Diggles yet.

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2009, 05:36:18 am »

Hooray, Fenrir's back! Again!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2009, 06:00:58 am »

All I know is I got a horrible mental image when I was told Okenido apparently pulled a Fenrir.

Welcome back anyway.
Pages: [1] 2 3