Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bar Brawl  (Read 1660 times)

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
Bar Brawl
« on: March 17, 2008, 12:59:00 pm »

i would like to see bars implemented in the game as a separate piece than the usual dining room. It could be created using either a regular table, or a Keg.

The keg, if implemented, could be filled from the specified(in the item submenu) brand of alcool and dwarves would keep it filled as long as the specified brew is available.

So now when dwarves get thirsty, or when they want to party, they would gather in the bar, with their favorite Gabbro Mug that has an image of a dead elf on it, and get drunk. Any kind of argument in the bar should have a chance to degenerate in a brawl for added fun(unarmed only, maybe permit chairs and the like if you want to be fancy  :)

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
Re: Bar Brawl
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 01:04:00 pm »

i like the idea it is enought dwarfis to implement  :D
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 01:44:00 pm »

Custom rooms akin to zones? Say, this area is a dining hall/meeting room combo, let's call it a bar. People will hang out in here when they're bored, and they'll eat/drink in here. Combination of people drinking and lots of other people (presuming drunken state is implemented) can result in a massive brawl. With no specific coding of "bar brawls" involved.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Hyperturtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 01:46:00 pm »

s long as we have the bar, I propose that we are able to make 10 story/z-level beer bongs.  Heck, the pipes can be made.  

There should be a Beer Pump to allow for beer fountains.

Also, given the bar scene, dwarf bowling should be allowed as well.

Yet I don't see my suggestions as being very productive.  It'd be a hell of a party at the chalk statue, though!  yeah and make parties create more incidents of nausea and vomitting.

And when dwarves hold a grudge, these can be decreased or increased as a result of overdrinking with the offending dwarf around.  He could become a drinking buddy, or the target of drunken anger!

igless

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 01:50:00 pm »

@Sean: Well i wanted to have a distinct place for the bar as it should only be frenquented by the rowdy dwarf, no childrens, elves, cows... ok maybe cows on really wild nights. But yeah you get the general idea     :D

@HyperTurtle: Heh well i want bar, not an extreme dwarven frat house  :p but vomit would certainly add flavor(and smell).

[ March 17, 2008: Message edited by: Drakale ]

[ March 17, 2008: Message edited by: Drakale ]

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 02:40:00 pm »

Adventure-mode has human bars, and human drunks, but no human bar brawls.  This must be rectified.

As for the dwarves, it's always bugged me how they drink straight from the barrel.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 03:33:00 pm »

quote:
Adventure-mode has human bars, and human drunks, but no human bar brawls.

You CAN start a brawl, but then the entire kingdom apparently consider it a crime worthy of death penality...Pansy humans   :roll:

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 06:04:00 pm »

I believe bars have been suggested before, needing a table (up to 3), a chair (up to 3), and a barrel.  Rooms can be designated off of the bar workshop itself to include more chairs and tables.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 05:49:00 am »

A bar workshop? Thats not at all what i'm suggesting, i want to designate a bar room, what would you need a workshop for? fancy drinks? Sounds elvish to me...

Seriously all we need is a container so the drunken dwarves dont have to go to the stockpile to get their booze, ability for dwarves to use a mug, because mugs are cool, and the possibility to designate a bar room from a table or the container... Then its just a matter of implementing drunken behavior   :D

Not trivial to add, but it would be a really great improvement over the useless parties we have at the moment...

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 11:29:00 am »

Dwarves do not get more violent and thus bar brawl when drunk. They get unhappy and violent when they're too sober. I could see well brawls or river melees or pond rampages. But bars would be places of socialization and fraternization for anything with a beard.
This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2008, 12:57:00 pm »

IMHO a happy dwarf is a fighting dwarf   :D
It's not like i want the bar to be a bloodbath, but sometimes an argument over the best way to trim a beard can get intense, especially when the dwarves have somewhat less inhibition.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2008, 09:28:00 am »

While on the subject of alcool abuse, i would like to see a new melancholy effect for failed artifacts or bad morale; Alcoolism. Kinda like melancholy, except the dwarf now spend all his time in the bar in drunken stupor, sometimes throwing briefs tantrum that get him in trouble with the law(that should shorten his life expectancy somewhat given dwarven "justice").

Othob Rithol

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Dark Snathi, Rain & Tom Bombadil
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2008, 09:44:00 am »

It would be pretty fun to watch them drink and fight. I also like the idea of always seeing Ol' Urist Alwayshammered locked up his cell, the one you went ahead and designated as his bedroom because he usually slept there.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2008, 09:52:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Drakale:
<STRONG>While on the subject of alcool abuse, i would like to see a new melancholy effect for failed artifacts or bad morale; Alcoolism. Kinda like melancholy, except the dwarf now spend all his time in the bar in drunken stupor, sometimes throwing briefs tantrum that get him in trouble with the law(that should shorten his life expectancy somewhat given dwarven "justice").</STRONG>

Aren't all dwarves alcoolists from birth?

My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2008, 10:52:00 am »

By our standards yes, but i imagine there is a point where even dwarves consider someone too drunk for his own good.
Pages: [1] 2