Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28

Author Topic: FotF: Dwarf Fortress 40d17  (Read 127098 times)

Name Lips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FotF: Dwarf Fortress 40d17
« Reply #105 on: February 06, 2010, 10:58:42 pm »

I downloaded and tried this new version, and it seemed to work ok, but slower than the previous version. Windows XP.

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 06, 2010, 11:29:00 pm »

The KEY_HOLD_MS thing appears broken.  It works in menus but there's no delay at all when you hold a key to scroll around the map.

Urist McDepravity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 06, 2010, 11:40:23 pm »

I did compile head git myself and it works fine.
Okay, never mind. I didn't check init file in your git. Turns out, it had 2DASYNC instead of STANDARD.
With STANDARD, i still get segfault.
gdb:
Starting program: /var/games/df_linux_git/dwarfort.exe
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
[New Thread 0xb6695b70 (LWP 7724)]
Loading bindings from data/init/interface.txt
Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0xb6d8a636 in glGetString () from //usr/lib/opengl/xorg-x11/lib/libGL.so.1

Valgrind:
==7736== Invalid read of size 4
==7736==    at 0x52E4636: ??? (in /usr/lib/opengl/xorg-x11/lib/libGL.so.1.2)
==7736==    by 0x4C2AF22: glewInit (glew.c:9103)
==7736==    by 0x4BA066B: enablerst::create_window_GL(GL_Window*) (enabler_sdl.cpp:715)
==7736==    by 0x4BA160E: enablerst::loop() (enabler_sdl.cpp:473)
==7736==    by 0x4BA18E3: main (enabler_sdl.cpp:2001)
==7736==  Address 0x3fc is not stack'd, malloc'd or (recently) free'd

Once again, d16/d15 works fine, same for other OpenGL apps and games.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 07, 2010, 02:32:40 am »

Just wanted to say that as of this moment the OS X download link is giving me an error and claiming that the link is broken. Otherwise I would be giving my thoughts right now. :'(
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
  • The little oni that strikes the earth
    • View Profile
Re: FotF: Dwarf Fortress 40d17 thread-in-waiting
« Reply #109 on: February 07, 2010, 03:00:44 am »

Just wanted to say that as of this moment the OS X download link is giving me an error and claiming that the link is broken. Otherwise I would be giving my thoughts right now. :'(
That's because Toady said this right after Baughn posted the topic...

I've uploaded the Windows and Linux ones.  OS X is waiting on me to figure out or be told how to install the boost libraries.  This release will probably be pretty rough, since I had to restructure every screen in the game with the potential to break anything related to any screen.  We caught a lot of the obvious problems, but there will be other ones.
Basiclly the OS X version is not ready for down load yet because he has to rework everything to make sure it works with D17 compared to the PC and linux version, so all we mac people can do is wait, use bootcamp, or an emulator.
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otakukind!

And maker of the mod in progress known as Suika Fortress Now for 0.34.xx!

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 07, 2010, 05:15:29 am »

The KEY_HOLD_MS thing appears broken.  It works in menus but there's no delay at all when you hold a key to scroll around the map.
That's a feature, not a bug. There isn't supposed to be a delay.

It's configurable, though not in menus right now. You can switch out REPEAT_FAST for REPEAT_SLOW in the appropriate line of interface.txt.
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

Toastergargletop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 07, 2010, 07:52:49 am »

the colours seem pretty wrong.  my digging designation is baby crap green ish yellow instead of that beige ish colour it normally is.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 07, 2010, 08:16:53 am »

the colours seem pretty wrong.  my digging designation is baby crap green ish yellow instead of that beige ish colour it normally is.

If you're used to Mayday's graphics, the default colors will seem different.

xoen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 07, 2010, 08:29:39 am »

just ctrl-c color section from DFG d16 (end of /data/init/init.txt) and ctrl-v to replace that in d17's /data/init/colors.txt.

i wonder if removal of file colors.txt from d17 and placing d16's colors section into d17 init.txt would work too.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 04:22:01 pm by xoen »

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 07, 2010, 08:34:02 am »

i wonder if removal of file colors.txt from d17 and placing d16's colors section into d17 init.txt would work too.

No, it wouldn't work.  colors.txt is where the game looks for that stuff now.

drowfx

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 07, 2010, 10:50:34 am »

PRINT_MODE:FRAME_BUFFER and SINGLE_BUFFER:NO worked fine for me (and still works) in d16, but in d17 the screen constantly flickers. Setting SINGLE_BUFFER to YES fixes it.

ACCUM_BUFFER also flickers with SINGLE_BUFFER:NO, but no change from d16 there.

Also, d16 with FRAME_BUFFER used 1% cpu rendering the menu, d17 takes 50% (=100% of a core).

System Info:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit:
Just updated to Catalyst 10.1, no change.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 10:57:43 am by drowfx »

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 07, 2010, 12:18:49 pm »

Okay, I've uploaded a new 40d17-head which hopefully fixes the segfaulting and similar problems. Can't speak for the speed, but I did try a couple things to fix that too.

Also fixed the interface save problem on windows, but of course can't compile that.
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

endimiao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 07, 2010, 12:33:57 pm »

Uploaded a basic 40d17 windows bundle along with RantingRodent's graphics and the orc mod so i can test how stable it is. Im playing it using Wine (Ubuntu 9.10) and Windows XP. Still havent suceeded on making a functional Ubuntu native bundle yet. Will only stay up for a couple of days for test purposes as im sure RantingRodent will eventually update his official bundle (and the orc mod is trivial to blend in)

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1842

DaSjieb

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 07, 2010, 12:41:15 pm »

just thought I'd drop by and share the issue/bug I just experienced. Running Windows 7, the only change I made was setting the FPS_CAP at 1000.

When I exported a detailed map from within Legends Mode, it got stuck at "Export of column 1 complete". However, you can make it export another column everytime you click the mouse or press a key on the keyboard. Also works when you keep the key/mouse pressed down, then it will continue to export columns. So it's not a refresh-issue, but it seems like DF waits for input to export another column.

Is this intentional behaviour? Since nobody seems to experience this issue, and nobody responded to this post, I'm somewhat confused. Can anyone confirm this?

TheBeardyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 07, 2010, 12:57:49 pm »

Linking levers to bridges appears to be broken in 40d17, as described in this thread: http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=49196.0

In this save file (created in 40d17): http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1844, the lever cannot be linked to the bridge in 40d17, but it can in 40d16.

EDIT:

Sorry, I didn't realize that this had already been mentioned. It appears that these are the relevant lines in interface.txt:

[BIND:HOTKEY_TRAP_BRIDGE:REPEAT_NOT]
[KEY:b]

[BIND:HOTKEY_TRAP_BARS_FLOOR:REPEAT_NOT]
[KEY:b]

Is the syntax for the ALT modifier simply ALT+b?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 01:44:44 pm by TheBeardyMan »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28