Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 28

Author Topic: FotF: Dwarf Fortress 40d17  (Read 127034 times)

turgidtoupee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FotF: Dwarf Fortress 40d17
« Reply #285 on: February 12, 2010, 03:30:33 pm »

Ok, I installed libjpeg8 from debian experimental, but it's giving me the same error. How would I do this symlink? I'm a bit of a newbie on linux.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 12, 2010, 03:51:22 pm »

Baughn -- does/will PNG transparency work for creature graphics, or just for tilesets?

Also, the 40d16 bug where the game attempts to set an invalid grid size may have survived into 40d17.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 05:24:02 pm by Footkerchief »

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 12, 2010, 06:07:03 pm »

Ok, I installed libjpeg8 from debian experimental, but it's giving me the same error. How would I do this symlink? I'm a bit of a newbie on linux.
Are you running 64-bit?  If so, you need the 32 bit version of libjpeg.  You can "cheat" it like some of us and create a link to the old 32-bit (or the 32-bit libjpeg.so.8 if you have it) in the df_linux/libs folder:

On 64-bit architecture.  From the df libs folder:
ln -s /usr/lib32/libjpeg.so.8

If you don't have 32-bit ver.8 but have ver.6(2):
ln -s /usr/lib32/libjpeg.so.62 libjpeg.so.8
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Darkond2100

• Bay Watcher
  • Intrepid Groundhog
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 12, 2010, 08:11:06 pm »

When will my OS X be here?
your hoard, your dwarves, and your fortress.
I prefer Hoard, Horde, and Hovel...

FatedTemp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 12, 2010, 11:24:43 pm »

Baughn -- does/will PNG transparency work for creature graphics, or just for tilesets?

Changed my graphics sheets to transparent a while ago, works fine. (E- In the sense that .png using alpha works as well as the old .bmp with magenta did. The way the game draws the creatures, hasn't changed as far as I can tell ... and I kind of doubt it will any time soon, maybe after the next version.)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 04:56:26 am by FatedTemp »

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 12, 2010, 11:38:01 pm »

Got a crash when I was adjusting some keyboard settings.  I was removing and adding different sdl settings to the building size commands(walls/floors) using the scheme ctrl + NumPadKey.  After reloading the game I tried setting the keys again and didn't have any problems.

kutulu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 12, 2010, 11:50:37 pm »

What does the OP mean by running the DF script for the mac and linux port, particularly mac for my case?
There's a file simply called "df" in the folder.  Run that instead of the exe file like you would in Windows.
Can I once more beg whomever is in charge of such things to change the name of this script?  "df" is a stock Linux utility and it means I can't  put the df script in my path and run it from krunner. :(

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 13, 2010, 12:30:56 am »

I have two more things to report regarding 40d17, though they're not directly related to the actual purpose of the 40d# branch.

First, when embarking, if there are problems, then it seems to start on a blank page of problems in the pop-up immediately after choosing an embark site, with an arrow indicating that you can scroll up.  Scrolling up reveals the problems (and if there are not enough problems to require scrolling, the arrow indicating that the box can scroll disappears).  Simply bringing up the problems with 'p' seems to work fine.

Second, when abandoning a fortress, DF sits on the "Ending game..." screen for a minute or three (on a fresh embark, even).  The time it takes seems highly variable, so maybe there's some sort of condition for moving on that I'm not noticing.  Correction: Actually, clicking or pressing a key repeatedly after it's on that screen seems to make it move on within a few seconds.

I am on Windows XP, if it is relevant.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 12:36:40 am by Malicus »

madman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 13, 2010, 12:49:22 am »

Second, when abandoning a fortress, DF sits on the "Ending game..." screen for a minute or three (on a fresh embark, even).  The time it takes seems highly variable, so maybe there's some sort of condition for moving on that I'm not noticing.  Correction: Actually, clicking or pressing a key repeatedly after it's on that screen seems to make it move on within a few seconds.

I am on Windows XP, if it is relevant.
On linux too, although I don't know how many minutes - I forced quit in the end (so the fortress remains  unabandonned). I hardly ever abandon, so I'm not sure if this is a new bug or not.
Quote from: bluea
Compilers are Dwarves with the beards abstracted away.
They can pull completely amazing maneuvers, yet manage to die of thirst in the river.

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 13, 2010, 01:17:34 am »

How do I fix the horrible tile-squashing? I'm running on 1920x1080.

Also, qq, unpaused it and saw FPS not a whit larger than before the switch to 40d17. Not sure if that's because I need to tweak things (I haven't, really), I need to improve pathing in my fort, or I really can't expect better in a fort with 220+ dwarves.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 01:23:18 am by Frogwarrior »
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 13, 2010, 08:43:05 am »

Define "tile-squashing". Keep in mind that the default tileset is something insane like, uh, 10x24 or something; it looks pretty good, sure, but I much prefer square tiles myself.

Oh, and I moved the FPS counter over to the right, so it no loner covers up "paused". :P
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

Vicomt

• Bay Watcher
  • Just call me Vic.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 13, 2010, 09:05:15 am »

Oh, and I moved the FPS counter over to the right, so it no loner covers up "paused". :P

Meh, that's where my idlers notification is... Is there any way we can have it in an init option for topleft/topright/etc ?

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 13, 2010, 11:52:36 am »

It shouldn't overlap the idlers notification. Can you provide a screenshot?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 13, 2010, 12:05:51 pm »

Any remarks on this crash bug?

Also, the 40d16 bug where the game attempts to set an invalid grid size may have survived into 40d17.

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 13, 2010, 12:18:32 pm »

Oh yeah. That.

I've got about three different procedures setting grid size at the moment. I intend to fix it when I unify those into one, tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 28