Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is there a way to make towns give more quests?  (Read 1382 times)

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Is there a way to make towns give more quests?
« on: November 14, 2009, 02:29:54 am »

So far i have managed only 2quests that i fulfilled and 1 quest where the monster wasn't in his cave. How can I get it that they give very much quests and a very wartorn world?
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a way to make towns give more quests?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 02:31:18 am »

Quests are based around important creatures in the surrounding areas. The best way to get more quests is generate more caves for them to hide in. As for cave problems, I think there is a world-gen setting that makes caves smaller. I'm not too sure on this.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 03:07:31 am »

There's numerous world-gen settings to increase/decrease max/min sizes of caves, increase/decrease maximum mountain/non-mountain caves, and if you set your megabeasts killed before genning finishes counter to 0, then the world will stop generating really early when there's hundreds of megabeasts that really want to beat the crap out of you.

Enjoy~!
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 04:28:04 am »

i still can't make the world i realy want to play in.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 12:50:12 am »

i still can't make the world i realy want to play in.

None of us really can.  Right now, adventure mode is extremely uneventful.  You are better off going postal and trying to knock out a civilization.
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 11:25:44 am »

Well, if you try a world with a war going on, go to one side. They will give you quests to kill people on the other side. Which probably means thats gonna be a lot of quests. And if you complete those, you can get an army of servants meatshields brainless idiots allies/companions.

HAMMERMILL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 02:54:31 am »

Increase the caves a bit and stop the worldgen short. Year 5 to 20 so the vast majority of the megabeasts are still alive and terrorizing the place and wars are just starting up between the civs.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 04:39:20 am »

and if you set your megabeasts killed before genning finishes counter to 0, then the world will stop generating really early when there's hundreds of megabeasts that really want to beat the crap out of you.

This could backfire -- I think the towns have to get attacked by the megabeasts in worldgen before they'll give you quests to kill them.  So if worldgen stops too early, no quests.

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2009, 09:51:45 pm »

They'll send adventurers to 'kill a great beast' for the glory of the group, I think.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2009, 11:53:17 pm »

For glory? Yeah, Tarn would do that.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned