Meh, just tell us what happened.
- 5 (62.5%)
Don't run it, but tell nothing, save it for later
- 1 (12.5%)
Just scrap the whole thing!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24

Author Topic: Kill Webadict Now - Dakarian Edition: End - A fond farewell  (Read 34073 times)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now - Dakarian Edition: End - A fond farewell
« Reply #315 on: November 26, 2009, 01:43:27 pm »

Full disclosure.. this WILL take a while I think.

First, the main power role:

If you havn't noticed, EVERYONE had the same main power:  This is the Role PM:  Bolded is my comments on the matter.

When you reach your room, the young maid appears.  With a wink, she takes the envelope she gave you and hands you another one.

Before the game began, everyone was handed an Envelope and told not to read it.  If they did, it would contain a gas that would knock them out, effectively not letting them do anyting for the first night.  Thankfully, the people here take a hint (or just ignore things) and didn't bother

Inside it reads...

You are (name).  You are among the anti-webadicts. 

There were 4 factions (not counting the Guests).  The Anti-webadicts were the 'town'.  The webadict was, in alignment, a serial killer.  Org was a Survivor and Webadict was an OldWeb.  I'll get to the other three factions in a minute.

During the day, you SHALL PM the host with the name of one of the roles in this list.  You will then turn into that role at the beginning of the night.  You may then use that role as you wish.

Certain restrictions apply.  Some roles had Fun Stuff attached to them.

That's the main power.  Everyone started off as a Vanilla.  Each and every person were to send me a PM with a role name of who they wanted to be.  On Twilight, they would switch to that role.  The role would last until the end of the next day, so they had one night and one day to use their role. 

Everyone had this power.  What set them apart were the restrictions.  Most of the restrictions were as follows:

- You could not choose the same role twice, ever.  If you chose Twin before you COULD NOT choose twin again. 

- Recruiting roles and certain game breaking roles like Neighbor, mason, and doomspeaker were denied.  Arsonist was denied unless you had a Fireblessing effect (which made it so that it wouldn't kill anyone)

There was one other restriction which I'll get to later

The Fun Facts were mostly just balancing features.  If you poison someone, the person poisoned was told they were poisoned (as Pandarsenic was happy to find out), for example.  A few had very cute aspects:

i.e. If someone chose Secret or Mystery for their role, their actual role would be given at random BUT the role would stay with them even if they chose another, effectively letting them multirole.

The most noticable this game was Chuck Noris.  SirBayer was honest: if he played at being Chuck he would be able to stay as that role for the entire game (though he'd give up the ability to change again). 

The day will end when either:

1. All who have this power makes their choice OR

2. All who have made their choice write (in bold) END.  I would suggest NOT being one of those who have not made their choice when this happens.

This I saw people try to abuse day 1.  The hidden defense against the "one man END" was that it required at least half the town to evoke it.  What's more, the Webadict was ALWAYS marked as 'chosen' so you'd have to have at least him ENDing.

That part was hidden behind the [classified information] that showed up in the start of each Day.  The system was working.. it just didn't show you what was going on.

Btw, this is why the day ended so blastedly early on day 3.  Redwarrior0 chose Dirtybomber and used it almost immediately after the day started.  The Fun Fact with that is that it forced everyone to make their choice randomly rather than let them choose.  Since everyone's choice was made, ending #1 was evoked.

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 26, 2009, 01:54:00 pm »

Now on to Org and Webadict.

First, a quick statement: EVERYONE was given the anti-webadict PM.  Org, Webadict, and Vector were given it in 'italics' and told that's what everyone ELSE was given: they just had extra added to show their powers.  That way they know just what you were told.  Note that I didn't have any "don't quote PM" rules here. ;)

Org was set to being a Survivor.  He had the same powers but he was FAR less restricted.  How I'll get to later. 

Otherwise, though, he worked the same way.  No, I have NO CLUE why he chose SuperSaint for his role at the end there.  I warned him that he would still lose if he died but he still insisted so there you go.

Webadict was a fun batch of WIFOM.

He was OldWeb.. marked as the 'old webadict' before the new one showed.  He had a few oddities with his role.

First, what he DID know, quoting from his PM:

Currently, you are aligned with the anti-webadicts.  At any point before Mylo or Lylo, you may PM me to request to change into a pro-webadict.  This change is permanent and gives you no extra powers, but you will win if the Webadict wins.  You may choose to remain as you are and win with the anti-webadicts instead.

Note that if you die, your alignment will not be changeable.

As such, webadict wasn't the SK you were after, but was able to become an ally to the real webadict as he wished.  He would be an 'ally' and thus was not told who the real one is (the real webadict wouldn't know this occurs). 

Since web never altered this, he died an anti-webadict and won with the town.

Note that you are given a benefit with your power that the others do not have. 

The benefit was that his old roles wouldn't go away.  Thus each night he would just gain more roles.  He was restricted from making himself utterly invincible (Unlynchable Bulletproof, for example) but still, he'd be a major force if he could keep alive

Note that italics use will hold no real affects to you.

basically, he would not get affected by Effects

Now, the trick he did NOT know about.

The two questions everyone was sent?  He was never sent them.  All he got was a quick PM saying about a confirmation prod.

Thus he was never informed of the 2 questions nor did anyone recieve his answer (which he did not give).  That's why he sounded so confused when everyone talked about the answers they were given as well as the talk about the 'three questions'.  Considering that the first question was pure uselessness and the second was used to create Effects, it was pure mod-created WIFOM.

Those are the two third parties.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 01:58:24 pm by dakarian »
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 26, 2009, 02:34:11 pm »

And finally, Vector, the Webadict himself.

Firstly, he had the same powers everyone else did: the ability to change roles each night, and what not.

So what made him so special and different?

his role PM (after the italicized anti-webadict version):

That's what everyone else sees.

You, however, are the Webadict. 

You have the same powers as the others, with these critical differences:

1. You choose your role at night, not day.  You still get to use your new role's power for that night.

2. You will be given the list of all players and their power roles at the start of the night.  Furthermore, you may, as many times as you wish, ask for the actions and targets of the players.  Note that you will be autonotified of any actions that affect you directly or indirectly.

3. There is a critical ability that will almost guarantee success.

4. There is a critical flaw in your abilities that is key to your destruction.

#1 and #2 were the biggies.  While everyone else had to choose their roles during the day, Vector just sat around.  He was marked as 'chosen' but he never really chose anything. 

Once night started, Vector was given the list of ALL PLAYERS AND THEIR ROLES.   What's more, he had free access to knowing all of the actions of the other players as well.  He chose his role and actions afterwards to boot.

So yes, if you tried to kill him, he could become a roleblocker and block you.  If you tried to investigate him, he could become a Godfather.  If everyone tried to kill him, he could become a Nexus or Hide or Mimic himself.

That is what you were facing.

The key with the game is that the town was given an extreme amount of power, but it was all just about useless.  Almost whatever you did could be countered by the scum.

So how to defeat him?

4. There is a critical flaw in your abilities that is key to your destruction.

Did you guys notice the [town, mafia, ext.] part of each role?  Those are set by Xylbot to determine what roles each side could have.  Cop was a town-only role so mafia could not have it.  Hitman is mafia only so town could not have it.

It worked the same way here.  Anti-webadicts could only use roles that 'town' could use.  the webadict could only use roles mafia or SKs could use.  Thus, finding the webadict was simply a matter of grouping together and trapping the webadict by proving that he could not use a role that was town-only.  Changeling is a very visable town role.  Rolecops can be used to test various roles.  Once that feature was found, it would be just a matter of time to find the webadict.  Once found, it was just a matter of trapping him with lynches and nightkills.

Of course, simply scumhunting him down works as well.

3. There is a critical ability that will almost guarantee success.

This was the key to the webadict's swap.  Yes, he can swap like in the other game.  How?

There is a STRICT 24 hour activity requirement.  You MUST PM or Post once a RL day, including weekends.  Fail and you autolose and die.  Note that the Webadict will not lose due to this feature.

No one commented on this. They should've.  What would happen if the webadict were to die to the 24 hour requirement if he doesn't lose?

He dies.. and swaps.

Yup.  Lurk for 24 hours, and you die, though don't lose, and someone else becomes the webadict.  There were effects that make you the 'next webadict' (usually that 'I am the webadict' mess you guys did earlier).  Otherwise, it would be random.  Unlike last game, you would see Vector as the webadict dying but the game would continue with no further information (last game, you saw the NEW webadict's old PM role making him easy to track). 

Thus the scum-only restriction was a key to finding him while the 24hour limit was the key to the webadict swap.  Neither was found out.

Will write about what happened during this game later
I KNEW IT!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 26, 2009, 02:49:47 pm »

So...

Why didn't Vector block the kill from Zai, again?

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 26, 2009, 03:59:14 pm »

Those are set by Xylbot to determine what roles each side could have.  Cop was a town-only role so mafia could not have it.
...you made deciphering the game contingent on knowing the role list from someone else's bot. Also I have been a mafioso[town] before on that bot.
Also? Godfathers there are immune to all things. He'd be fine if e'eryone tried to off him, then.

Bastardly in a bad way.

Cop, generally, is a town-only role.
Agent is a town or dopp role.

"Leafsnail is not part of any anti-town scumteam, desu"
Fixed
I thought of pming webadict to tell him that "desu" technically makes it a question and therefore immune to truth checks, but realized the chance of a truthchecker was so remote that it would be ridiculous.
Does not. Lacks question particle 'ka'.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 26, 2009, 04:00:10 pm »

Ignore my umbrage if I'm misreading that part.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
Tilesets

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 26, 2009, 04:01:49 pm »

Pfft.  Perhaps I could claim it becomes gibberish and therefore immune to truthcheckers since I mixed two languages.

And Godfathers there aren't ascetics - they're immune to kills and return innocent on inspections, but can still be hit with anything else, I think.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 26, 2009, 04:50:40 pm »

And Godfathers there aren't ascetics - they're immune to kills and return innocent on inspections, but can still be hit with anything else, I think.
hmm. you're right. Still, the immune-to-kills is plenty for those purposes. Then again, chuck norris (grr) has Eradicate.
Tilesets

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 26, 2009, 04:52:12 pm »

Immortal to ____ coulda worked.  Actually, wait, immortals are town only...

Well, something like Recurring Nightmare (an SK) would give you a daykill and a revive.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 26, 2009, 04:55:44 pm »

Immortal to ____ coulda worked.  Actually, wait, immortals are town only...
...nothing requires that.
Tilesets

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 26, 2009, 04:58:31 pm »

I thought dak said only SK roles could be got by the webadict.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 26, 2009, 05:03:00 pm »

Those are set by Xylbot to determine what roles each side could have.  Cop was a town-only role so mafia could not have it.
...you made deciphering the game contingent on knowing the role list from someone else's bot. Also I have been a mafioso[town] before on that bot.
Also? Godfathers there are immune to all things. He'd be fine if e'eryone tried to off him, then.

They were given the list which includes the very limits: i.e.

Mafioso (mafia; very common):

There were even questions to me if the town could only use 'town' type roles.  I gave a non-answer to it and no one bothered to test. 

Even if you never played chat mafia, just seeing the status should've prompted questions if people played it like a bastard game and not as a regular game with massive powers.

Also, the only reason why you got Mafioso(town) was when Xylbot used those insane types of roles that ignore the natural restrictions.  In most game types, the restrictions hold: Mafioso is mafia only. 
Cop, generally, is a town-only role.
Agent is a town or dopp role.

Thing is, you were limited to bay 12 roles.  The players were limited to the list I gave them:

"Cop (town, mafia-ally; very common; 4+ players): You can inspect another player to learn their alignment. Your results are not guaranteed to be accurate. Actions: inspect "

Town only (mafia-ally is NOT mafia :P).

Btw, Godfather is immune to Kills but not lynches.  Also, like the others, Vector couldn't use a role twice.  Also rolecop would show that he was a Godfather, which would ruin him once the restriction was found out.  The key is that Vector was near impossible to stop until people found out the trick (or else lynched him by a good old scumhunt)

Oh, to answer leaf's question, Red did that with a very lucky shot.

Trick with everyone was that they did not choose their role until they chose to and that the day ends once everyone chose their role.

Dirty Bomb forces everyone other than the bomber into a random role.  Red, still given his choice, chooses Mirror.  Zai is forced into a Joat role.  Vector into Gunsmith.

With everyone having a new role, #1 was set, causing them the day to end.

Vector's choice is already made so he lost his ability to save himself, even though he was told what was going to happen.

Thus Zai, with a killing ability, had his one shot opportunity.  'for the lulz' he picks Vector for the kill.  If he chose Red the Mirror would've killed both of them, leaving Vector alone.

Thus how the last day happened.  Did NOT expect anyone to pick Dirty bomb, nevermine USE it :P.
I KNEW IT!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 26, 2009, 05:06:36 pm »

...Wow.  Really lucky, dakakarian

I woulda probably done something really wacky.  I dunno, Ice Cream Man would be interesting, and lethal if combined with something else...

Was there a limit to multiroles?  Otherwise I can see Vector picking Ascetic Godfather Mafioso :P.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 26, 2009, 05:08:43 pm »

The list had to show up exactly as shown on the list.  If you couldn't find "Ascetic godfather mafioso" then you couldn't use it.  Remember it's not "what xylbot can do" it's specifically the list.
I KNEW IT!

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 26, 2009, 05:10:30 pm »

So you used his list? you used his list.
Tilesets
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24