Meh, just tell us what happened.
- 5 (62.5%)
Don't run it, but tell nothing, save it for later
- 1 (12.5%)
Just scrap the whole thing!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24

Author Topic: Kill Webadict Now - Dakarian Edition: End - A fond farewell  (Read 34082 times)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Kill Webadict Now: Dakarian Edition - Day 3
« Reply #285 on: November 23, 2009, 02:51:55 pm »

It is now Day.

A few of you watch expectantly for..something.  Yet it seems nothing has changed.  The young maid does her count and nods with a smile: everyone is accounted for.

No one has died during the night.

All effects except those mentioned has been removed with the coming of the new day.

Survivors:
Pandarsenic
Zai
Vector
Org
RedWarrior0

The numbers shrink, yet your target is still at large.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 09:07:46 pm by dakarian »
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now - Dakarian Edition: Day 3 - A long night for nothing.
« Reply #286 on: November 23, 2009, 02:53:46 pm »

Also, for 24 hour purposes, the clock starts ticking at midnight.  You have until tomorrow 11:59 pm to attend. 
I KNEW IT!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 23, 2009, 03:06:15 pm »

Org, are you the Webadict yet?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 23, 2009, 03:11:45 pm »

Org, are you the Webadict yet?
No Pandar. Are you?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 23, 2009, 03:18:58 pm »

No. :c
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now - Dakarian Edition: Night 4 - Day kills, no NKs.. WTF!?
« Reply #291 on: November 23, 2009, 05:16:34 pm »

BOOOM!

"Wake up, wake up please.. please I can't have everyone be dead.  Please..."

The frantic cries of the maid wakes everyone up.  Looking around, the room looks like a ruined mess.

The maid explains, "It was a dirty bomb.  Someone just up and dropped one this morning.  It took the whole day to clear the wreckage."

The maid raises her arm to do her head count.

"Someone is... I don't see Org.  Org!?"

Org, Super Saint  Survivor has been lynched

"and another.  Pandarsenic... they're both still in there.

*sigh* Everyone back in their rooms.  We'll try to find them somehow."

It will be days before their bodies are found.

Pandarsenic, angel anti-webadict, has be killed by the Super Saint.

The Dirty bomb has forced the rest of the living into new roles.  Due to this, all have chosen a role causing the day to end.

It is now night.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 07:15:39 pm by dakarian »
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now - Dakarian Edition: Ending Flavoring written by Vector
« Reply #292 on: November 24, 2009, 09:05:57 pm »

The man shot him and shoved his flailing frightened body over the banister into the great hall.

And if anyone had looked up in that fragmentary moment, what would they have seen? Was there some moment of beauty in that second, as he passed from one existence to the next? Or was he, as they said, a man like any other for the pace of a moment--so that from beneath the inhuman cruelties he had wrought crawled nothing but the monstrosities of mankind.

He falls and breaks, and that is all.

In death men are but men, no matter their past, no matter their dreams for the future. Existence crumbles as its shell quivers and pants and paints the floor crimson.

And so he waits and sighs, blood bubbling over cracked lips. His ribs are shattered. They do not matter. His shoulder feels as though it has forgotten its purpose. It is no longer part of his body. It is meat. No, it doesn't matter. He tries to think this, desperately. The thing that is happening does not matter. It is happening to him and it does not matter. It is happening to him and he is going to die and it does not matter. He has lived as he has lived and now he is dying and that does not matter, no, it is immaterial and nothing, a thing he is now forgetting like all love and memory. Those delicate things he remembers and tries to hold close--a few scant thoughts--but they flee and what he can think of is pain and dying and this horror that is slowly

"I woke up when I heard"
"I found him I"
"horrible I"

happening

"over the balcony I think I--who was it--I"
"Wait look that mark"
"on his wrist"

"Oh God. It was him. It was... him."

to him.

Time is liquid. It traps him. He is heavy under it. It is water. The world is flat color. He cannot breathe. He did nothing. He watched them die. He watched them die. He watches time flatten and fall as everything is fading voices floating from lands away an eclipse of everything he has seen

He bids farewell to memory.

"Do you repent?" someone hisses in a cracked and youthful voice. "Repent, you bastard. Repent! You--"
"Don't try to save him! He isn't worth"
"but why can't we ever try to forgive"

He looks up, laboriously. He cannot move his neck.

A soft and angry face, tear-stained. She is beautiful. He cannot remember, but he smiles, tentatively, as though he were but a child. She sighs.

"Why did you do it?"

He cannot remember that he never knew.

Vector, the webadict, has been shot in the night.

With his passing, this madness some view as a game has ended.

Winners:

Webadict - as the town-aligned OldWeb
Pandarsenic
Zai
Sir Bayer
RedWarrior0 - all as the anti-webadicts

Lost:

Vector - as the webadict

Org - as the survivor

MrPerson
Kashyyk - having fallen to the 24hour trap.

My apologies if this game has failed to entertain.  My thanks for giving me the chance to try.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 09:08:08 pm by dakarian »
I KNEW IT!

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now - Dakarian Edition: End - A fond farewell
« Reply #293 on: November 24, 2009, 09:32:47 pm »

=DDDD

I killed the Webadict!

But of course, that doesn't mean too much, considering I had 2 people left to choose from to kill.

And Dak. You didn't really reveal a whole lot. What were the mechanics?
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 24, 2009, 09:55:58 pm »

Why, why, why would you use my flavortext ._.

Ah, well.  It was fun--and well done, Zai.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 24, 2009, 10:05:02 pm »

Hehe.. you guys didn't really look for the mechanics. 

In fact, so much is hidden I CAN actually run the game again.  Only Vector knows 'too much' and even he missed some of the critical points.

I can explain a few, especially parts that won't show up even if I do run it again.

1. The Italics.  The 'legendary' italics was, in fact, a hidden Roll To Dodge minigame.  Whenever someone did an action that wasn't something like talking to another player, I rolled a die, and responded in a manner similar to RtD.

1= absolute disaster, resulting in extreme problems or death.  The issue was so horrible that each player was given a once-a-day warning "the feeling of dread" so that they can turn back and avoid completing the action.  Nice thing was, everyone listened to it and turned back and was lucky enough NOT to roll another 1 again.

2, 3= Failure of the intent behind the action.  Sometimes, this resulted in a negative Effect.

4= 'Meh'.  Success, but nothing interesting.

5= Success, with the chance of some kind of Effect based on this success

6= Grand Success, a chance at a beneficial Effect

Thus why the results of your actions seemed 'random' and why you would get 'the dreads' just for asking about the pool or eating pasta.

Note: everyone started out with a penalty of -1 with every role.  Rolling a 5 would result in 5-1=4. 

Note: Anyone who avoided doing ANY italics were not affected by others.  If you were playing around with it (as everyone was Day 1) others could affect you.

Effects

All those odd one sentence PMs you received: those were Effects.  You gained them by two means:

1. messing around with Italics.  For example, when Pandarsenic succeeded in stealing some cash from the maid, he was given an effect that gave him the ability to 'buy' a one-shot skill in the night.

2. Remember the two questions I asked everyone?  The first was if you wanted to be the Webadict.  That was just a red herring: all that was done was that your answer was sent to the person below you on the player list.  It was just for WIFOM purposes. 

The second question had meaning.  It was a warning that, each day, I took the first three sentences you would write on the boards and created an Effect from them.

Example: during Day 1, SirBayer's three sentences were:

- Bayer JUMPS THROUGH A FUCKING WINDOW, decidedly on fire.    
- I am on fire," he tells the others, before running up the stairs, presumably to douse himself.    
- He returns a few moments later, decidedly not on fire, and also very wet and smelling slightly of Comet.

The effect was a FireBlessing.  If he set himself and others on fire, they gain the Revive skill rather than dying.

Each effect appeared as a PM went an odd message, like:

- You feel you drank too much WIFOM.  Be sure not to accuse too recklessly

That one, called VoteConfusion, was on RedWarrior0, put on because he just kept drinking Wine early into Day 1.  He could vote fine, but if he failed to Unvote before voting again his vote would be flung randomly.

Effects were removed either by more Italic use (see Pandarsenic trying to obtain a weapon and Vector trying to deal with SirBayer in Day 1) or from a new day starting.  When an effect ended, you were given the name of the effect.

cont.

Btw, I used your flavortext, Vector, because it kicked *#%# of anything I could think up.
I KNEW IT!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 25, 2009, 06:08:26 am »

Damn it, I was hoping for the Webadict to hammer Org because I learned he was SS.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 25, 2009, 09:53:57 am »

Btw, the big question:

The game worked out pretty well, but much of the features ended up hidden to everyone.  Its to the point where I can actually run it again (with some tweaks, i.e. no Italics or special guests :P).  The only one that knows 'too much' is Vector.

Not sure if anyone cares to have this game run again though.  If not, I can put all the cards on the table. 
I KNEW IT!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 25, 2009, 11:07:17 am »

Btw, the big question:

The game worked out pretty well, but much of the features ended up hidden to everyone.  Its to the point where I can actually run it again (with some tweaks, i.e. no Italics or special guests :P).  The only one that knows 'too much' is Vector.

Not sure if anyone cares to have this game run again though.  If not, I can put all the cards on the table. 

Given what I know about this game... hm.  To be honest, I enjoyed the setup, but I'm not sure I'd want to play it through again.  Maybe a variant, buried in some other game... but this particular one had some severe drawbacks.

That said, I vaguely want to run a game with (strongly limited) flavortexting involved, though I'm not sure how it would all work out.  Might just drive me mad.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 25, 2009, 03:03:10 pm »

I MIGHT touch on flavor texting again someday, but it'll be more integrated into the game as a whole.  Here it was sort of a tack-on. 

In fact, if this is run again there would be no Effects, no Flavortexting, and no Special Guests.

The Main Feature-the ability to choose your own role each night-can stay.  A reason why knowing it exists isn't a problem is because I expected everyone to realize it VERY early into the game.  I REALLY liked how it turned out (including the ending, which really went wtf).

If nothing else, I'll pick and pull parts of this into other games. 
I KNEW IT!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24