Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 50

Author Topic: BYOR Mafia 2 (Game Over: Town Wins!)  (Read 51918 times)

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR Mafia 2 (Day 5: 6 Players... 1 Modkill)
« Reply #630 on: January 09, 2010, 12:03:25 am »

And before gaining the ULTIMATE POWER?
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: January 09, 2010, 12:13:12 am »

Should be more nervous of me. Hehehe.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: January 09, 2010, 12:27:22 am »

Good Night

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: January 09, 2010, 12:40:01 am »

The three of you all having penguins for avatars is making this very hard to follow.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: January 09, 2010, 12:41:32 am »

The old power was passive. The mafia never activated it.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: January 09, 2010, 12:46:56 am »

Vote Count

Zai - Mr.Person
Pandarsenic - Vector, SirBayer, Zai, Org

You surround Pandarsenic. I suppose that means you'd want him to "hit the bucket." Oh wait, that joke doesn't make sense, because he's an Algae Pail.

I guess that makes him really "scummy." I suppose that makes him a "mean green killing machine."

Kinda. Anyhow, you all feel a little safer and head on off to dreamland. And by that, I mean your bed. Meanwhile, Pandarsenic escapes town, because you were all too busy hating the bad puns to do anything.

It is now Night.

Algae Pail
YOU HAVE ULTIMATE POWER!

Each Night, if someone targets you or you target someone, you cover them and anyone that interacts with them and anyone else that gets covered in Algae, giving you a list of who interacted with whom (You're told exactly who interacts with whom, as long as they're covered in Algae that Night).

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR Mafia 2 (Night 5: EXTRA: Bad Pun Pail Partly Prevails. Flees Town.)
« Reply #636 on: January 12, 2010, 09:15:13 pm »

In the morning, you find SirBayer dead. Seems he was up late last Night on his computer. Now his computer is lodged into his... Head isn't really a proper term for what it is now. Anyhow, you find he was Jon Freeman.

It is now Day.

Jon Freeman
Computer game designer. Got it.

You are Jon Freeman. Once per game, at Night, you can choose reprogram someone. Doing so will cause them to revert back to the state that person was in at the beginning of the game.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR Mafia 2 (Day 6: Computer Programmed To Help Destroys Creator, Page 43)
« Reply #637 on: January 12, 2010, 09:23:04 pm »

Zai is a zombie roleblocker and because for the last few games he haas been this really long multi-named role thing with zombie in it I choose you you roleblocking scum.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: January 12, 2010, 09:33:34 pm »

Shouldn't we all be no lynching right about now?
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: January 12, 2010, 09:40:24 pm »

Your mom should be nolynching right about now.

*blargh*
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: January 12, 2010, 10:12:43 pm »

Zai is a zombie roleblocker and because for the last few games I was in with him months ago he haas been this really long multi-named role thing with zombie in it I choose you you roleblocking scum.

O NOEZ GAIZ!!!!11! ZAI BLOCKED ME FOR BEING USELESS AND NOW I EFFECTIVELY OMGUS HIM FOR IT.

Congrats on apparently being the only person I blocked to actually figure out who it was that blocked you, when it was so glaringly obvious it was me.

Me at beginning: I like to party?!? What, Web?
Blocked: Hey guys I got blocked. Douches
Previously blocked: I hear ya, man. So you had a party?
Blocked: Yep. Party at my house last night. Couldn't do shit.
Previously blocked: Yeah. I wonder who blocked us.

Regardless. Org, don't be a dumbass. We need to No Lynch today to maximize our chances of hitting the last scum. However, I suppose this means final scum is down to Vector and M.P as I used my action blocking Org (he pretty much already said as much) and thus Org was blocked, which leaves you two. So. What the fuck were you 2 doing last night?

Examination coming tomorrow.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: January 13, 2010, 04:43:51 am »

Mr. Person.

All right, dudes.  We can't no-lynch, because this might very well be lylo.

I'm 1,000 Paper Cranes.  I can't do anything (thanks again, Sir Webadict >_>) but anyone who actions on me will get a one-shot protect, kill, roleblock, or inspect.

I don't know if the one-shot actions can be used simultaneously with the kill, but I don't want to risk it.

Last night I was roleblocked (i.e., I went to a music concert).  This means that the roleblocker in question may have a one-shot kill lying around.

Now, looking at this situation...

If Zai is town, then Org is town.  If Zai is scum, then Org is town.  Thus Org is town.

Org, how do you know that Zai blocked you?

Since I am town, this means that Zai or Mr. Person is scum.  Since Mr. Person is the only person who didn't vote Pandarsenic and Zai made this particular post (which seems very townie to me):

Well, no reason to let this die.

Zai didn't vote off the claimed scum, why is that?
For one thing, it wasn't necessary; he was going to be lynched. I didn't want EK in his coma to continue on without a replacement, which I didn't think one would come forward. But then last night Web modkilled him, so...yeah. Problem solved.

Can anyone remind me why Pandar is not scum? I seem to recall Archangel saying that, when he tried to recruit Pandar, he only got a result of "he scum you no can do that". So...why isn't he scum? I can't remember and don't have enough time to look back right now. Maybe tomorrow if nobody answers before then.

I'm going with Mr. Person.  He lurked heavily and consistently disappeared when things were getting rough, especially in the later game.  Further, he's never voted for scum.

Then, there's this:

Hmm... well...

We already have a role (that was presumably originally town) that flipped as an "obv scum" type (dakarian's Obv Scum).  I know it's meta-ish, but it may be that webby put in an obv scum town AND an obv scum mafia role... hmm...

And ExKirby, what does your eavesdrop ability actually do?  Is it IRC style or something else?

You're trying to outguess the mod in a BYOR, where the mod is only partially in control of the roles and, presumably, gives out mafia-ness and town-ness randomly? Hell, a person's side is probably given out independently of the role they choose, probably before they even send in a role. Real smart move of you, Leafsnail.

Outguessing the mod is only fruitful in bastard mod setups, and even then, it's not really fruitful unless the mod wants it to be fruitful.

Oh, and unvote and vote SirBayer until he gets back over here and answers my question on why he's voting for Pandarsenic.

What the hell? Why are you pushing Pandarsenic for a claim, Leafsnail?

What the hell? Why are you pushing Pandarsenic for a claim, Leafsnail?
Well, it's either him or Arch, becuase the responce of my action, vague as it was, said that either was scum. Well, the bit about goo was in third person... maybe we're looking at the wrong person?

Oh, and I'd like to know more about this ULTIMATE POWER, Org.

Aaaah, that's so cute! You're assuming that the inspection is sane and real. Considering we've had 2 players mention them, I think they're real, myself. What makes you so sure that Pand or Arch are scum? What makes you think that the inspections on Pand can't be insane or random or paranoid? No, you cannot rely on cop inspections 100%. Why are either Pand or Arch scum, exactly, and you can only use arguments you've pulled from the day.

These are most of his contentful posts from the mid-game (not counting RVS, which is always pretty crazy).  Note the protection of Pandarsenic and the heavy emphasis on him in the last post (over Arch).  He's a scumbucket, all right.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: January 13, 2010, 07:02:48 am »

I know because I slept outside because a ZZOMBEH got in my house and I didn't go back in. I have no night power, or day power. Stop.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: January 13, 2010, 02:50:06 pm »

Well, that explains the 1-shot roleblock I have. Not like it matters since I'm already a roleblocker. Vector, did you like the concert I put up for you? I am, after all, Dragonforce. My awesome concerts roleblock., in case you didn't figure it out already.

Now this is just weird. Vector, have you been roleblocked in the past, perchance? I'm trying to figure out what's going on here.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: January 13, 2010, 03:10:47 pm »

Well, that explains the 1-shot roleblock I have. Not like it matters since I'm already a roleblocker. Vector, did you like the concert I put up for you? I am, after all, Dragonforce. My awesome concerts roleblock., in case you didn't figure it out already.

Now this is just weird. Vector, have you been roleblocked in the past, perchance? I'm trying to figure out what's going on here.

No.  This is the first time anyone has actioned me, as far as I know.  Either you or Zai is scum, and I'm pretty sure it's you.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 50