Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 50

Author Topic: BYOR Mafia 2 (Game Over: Town Wins!)  (Read 51958 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR Mafia 2 (Day 3: One of Each)
« Reply #420 on: December 13, 2009, 08:11:53 pm »

Web, I'm pretty sure I'm not still voting Org.

If I am, well, unvote him and return to Archangel.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: December 14, 2009, 10:33:50 am »

Unvote.

Ugh, we shouldn't have to be prodding lurkers on day 2, especially when we have a cult on our hands...

Sirbayer, what the heck are you talking about?  Why you voting Pandarsenic for innaccurate meta?  I was in NSBM1, and this doesn't look much like what he was doing then at all.  Were you hoping people would just believe you and not look at the game?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: December 14, 2009, 01:13:24 pm »

Unvote.

Ugh, we shouldn't have to be prodding lurkers on day 2, especially when we have a cult on our hands...

Sirbayer, what the heck are you talking about?  Why you voting Pandarsenic for innaccurate meta?  I was in NSBM1, and this doesn't look much like what he was doing then at all.  Were you hoping people would just believe you and not look at the game?

I was in MSPA, and this looks like a fusion of MSPA and NSBMI Scumarsenic.  He's been trying out RiA recently.  Pandarsenic.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: December 14, 2009, 01:16:16 pm »

Hmm... well...

We already have a role (that was presumably originally town) that flipped as an "obv scum" type (dakarian's Obv Scum).  I know it's meta-ish, but it may be that webby put in an obv scum town AND an obv scum mafia role... hmm...

And ExKirby, what does your eavesdrop ability actually do?  Is it IRC style or something else?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: December 14, 2009, 01:20:10 pm »

We already have a role (that was presumably originally town) that flipped as an "obv scum" type (dakarian's Obv Scum).  I know it's meta-ish, but it may be that webby put in an obv scum town AND an obv scum mafia role... hmm...

You're spewing WIFOM, Leafsnail, and trying to get us to back off based on "how the game might be balanced if Webadict were really into symmetry?"

... I don't even ...

You're scum too, aren't you.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: December 14, 2009, 01:31:11 pm »

No.  I'm just putting it forwards as a suggestion.  I'm not asking anyone to back off.  Although you're probably right that trying to outguess the mod is usually fruitless, and normal scumhunting would be better now.

Personally, I'm not sure how I'm "spewing WIFOM".  Yeah, the speculative line of reasoning I followed wasn't very good, but there's no element of "that's what he'd want you to think".  I think the word "WIFOM" is beginning to just turn into a byword for a rather large variety of unrelated things, to be honest.

You know... come to think at it, looking back over the last few pages, I'd actually say that Neruz's behaviour seems the most "off":
Pandar and Archangel, explain the goo or we're voting you.
I suggest we all vote Org and steal THE POWER from him.
Oh great, what the hell just happened.

It might be worth lynching Org just to get his role PM and find out what the hell he just did.
Yeah, right now i'm all for lynching Org or Pandar.
Alternately you could actually tell us what the hell just happened. Otherwise the safe option is to lynch one of you to work out what is going on.
All of them say exactly the same thing - "lynch Org and Pandar to find out about their roles".  The thing is though, he's made no attempt to do anything else - these are his last 5 posts.  He also hasn't put his vote where his mouth is, and is trying his best to start some kind of bandwagon.  So, unvote, vote Neruz.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: December 14, 2009, 01:46:31 pm »

Personally, I'm not sure how I'm "spewing WIFOM".  Yeah, the speculative line of reasoning I followed wasn't very good, but there's no element of "that's what he'd want you to think".  I think the word "WIFOM" is beginning to just turn into a byword for a rather large variety of unrelated things, to be honest.

You're right, I'm probably misusing the terminology.  WIFOM has in many cases grown to refer to cloud-castle speculative reasoning, which is what I mean here.  Your speculative meta-thinking seems like it is more going to spread confusion (which is why it got attached to the word WIFOM in my mind) than actually do anything productive.

My problem here is that you're trying to get us to outguess the mod, which can lead to the same sort of thinking that WIFOM does--"Now, would he do that, or wouldn't he?  Would Webadict balance things in a particular way or not?  Is he a symmetry guy?  Is he an asymmetry guy?" and so on.  Trying to convince us to outguess Webadict is a bad idea.  I think we've learned that from his bastard mod games, yes?

I somewhat agree on your assessment of Neruz.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: December 14, 2009, 02:30:39 pm »

Hmm... well...

And ExKirby, what does your eavesdrop ability actually do?  Is it IRC style or something else?

You're trying to outguess the mod in a BYOR, where the mod is only partially in control of the roles and, presumably, gives out mafia-ness and town-ness randomly? Hell, a person's side is probably given out independently of the role they choose, probably before they even send in a role. Real smart move of you, Leafsnail.

Outguessing the mod is only fruitful in bastard mod setups, and even then, it's not really fruitful unless the mod wants it to be fruitful.

Oh, and unvote and vote SirBayer until he gets back over here and answers my question on why he's voting for Pandarsenic.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: December 14, 2009, 02:39:50 pm »

You're trying to outguess the mod in a BYOR, where the mod is only partially in control of the roles and, presumably, gives out mafia-ness and town-ness randomly? Hell, a person's side is probably given out independently of the role they choose, probably before they even send in a role. Real smart move of you, Leafsnail.
Well, that's not true.  I drew SK in the last round purely because of the role I picked.  Being AoS also turned ExKirby into a mafia member, I guess.

But yeah, it was a speculative line of reasoning and not one I'd draw to heavily on.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: December 14, 2009, 06:18:00 pm »

This isn't revenge, Panda. It sounds to me like you're trying to dodge. It really does.

Anyway, it's pretty clear now that we're getting the message that you're supposedly scum. I fear bastard-moddi-ness, though, so I'm unwilling to just off you for fun - WAIT WHAT AM I SAYING

You're just spewing WIFOM... and you're lying. What is this? You're voting him, but you're unwilling to vote him?

Sorry almost missed that.

1st paragraph explains. Second paragraph contains a joke. This is not all that difficult.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: December 14, 2009, 06:34:31 pm »

This is kind of late but anyway:

MOD: If a mafia member were converted to join a cult, when they died, would they come up as "mafia," "cult," or both?
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 14, 2009, 06:36:39 pm »

It is only once a game. Hehehe. If Pandar is mafia, Ill laugh.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 14, 2009, 06:38:19 pm »

Huh? I don't understand what you're saying here. What is "it"?
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 14, 2009, 07:44:54 pm »

Huh? I don't understand what you're saying here. What is "it"?
My power

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 14, 2009, 07:46:35 pm »

This is kind of late but anyway:

MOD: If a mafia member were converted to join a cult, when they died, would they come up as "mafia," "cult," or both?
One can only be one thing--Town, Mafia, Cult, Survivor, SK, Jester...
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 50