Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 50

Author Topic: BYOR Mafia 2 (Game Over: Town Wins!)  (Read 52004 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR Mafia 2 (Day 1: Watch Out For Mafiosoitis!)
« Reply #165 on: November 19, 2009, 08:04:12 pm »

I am aware of the no editing thing guys, editing to fix errors is a very strong habit of mine though, i try to avoid doing it in Mafia games, but in thise case i'd already edited before i realised my mistake, and by that point it was too late.

Also; you can see what you wrote before you post it, you just hit preview.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 20, 2009, 12:12:16 am »

They aren't, SirBayer.  Those are just my thoughts at this stage, and I suppose dakarian picked up on the same things I did.
Why doesn't saying this ever work for meeeeeeee

Still suspicious.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 20, 2009, 12:18:36 am »

They aren't, SirBayer.  Those are just my thoughts at this stage, and I suppose dakarian picked up on the same things I did.
Why doesn't saying this ever work for meeeeeeee

Still suspicious.

Because you say not only the same things, but you say them in exactly the same way and without adding anything else whatsoever.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #168 on: November 20, 2009, 02:34:56 am »

Oh, yes. Let's all fill the policy lynch again. Sheesh, I really am getting tired of this. If you don't wanna claim, fine. But seriously, I'm sure I can come up with SOMETHING.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 20, 2009, 03:07:30 am »

Oh, yes. Let's all fill the policy lynch again. Sheesh, I really am getting tired of this. If you don't wanna claim, fine. But seriously, I'm sure I can come up with SOMETHING.

Spoiler: Egregious tirade (click to show/hide)

I apologize in advance for being such an asshole.  In reality, I probably should have just ignored him--but I've done that a good few times now, and my temper's feeling short today.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 20, 2009, 03:09:36 am »

Well, that time Vector, it wasn't aimed at you.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 20, 2009, 03:10:38 am »

You reacted surprisingly well.  It seems that you are growing up and I no longer need to be angry.

Hmmm.

:)

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 20, 2009, 03:14:00 am »

Hi everybody. I didn't end up using a computer at all yesterday so sorry about that. All I'll say about my role is it is pretty much what I expected.

ExKirby is a bit of an idiot.

No one has posted much of anything really.

We're probably going to lynch someone who seems only slightly suspect, if at all.

Ask me questions and I will answer to the best of my ability, but otherwise I'm probably not going to be any use scumhunting until D2.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 20, 2009, 07:26:45 am »

You reacted surprisingly well.  It seems that you are growing up and I no longer need to be angry.

Hmmm.

:)
Well, I have no need to have a rant at someone who I don't need to have a rant at. If that made any sense.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 20, 2009, 08:55:17 am »

Hi everybody. I didn't end up using a computer at all yesterday so sorry about that. All I'll say about my role is it is pretty much what I expected.

ExKirby is a bit of an idiot.

No one has posted much of anything really.

We're probably going to lynch someone who seems only slightly suspect, if at all.

Ask me questions and I will answer to the best of my ability, but otherwise I'm probably not going to be any use scumhunting until D2.

Ok, here's a Change policy you can count on.

First, Unvote(ExKirby) Vote Archangel to make sure you listen.

Second:

Spoiler: Archangel, READ THIS! (click to show/hide)

I am no LONGER accepting the "OMG I dislike D1" argument.  If you do nothing today, you not only aren't useful but you are UNREADABLE, which messes up MY attempts to scumhunt since I don't know who you are.  Since much of what I do is dependant on me getting a handle of everyone during Day 1 I will not accept people lurking in the corner purposefully. 

So go read that Spoiler, and follow it, NOW.  In my eyes, no one has an excuse for not being on any of those four Steps and none of those steps include "do nothing till the next day."

Too Long: Didn't read version with more direct bluntness:

Read the Spoiler, follow it, OR DIE!
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 20, 2009, 09:41:53 am »

Hmm... bit forceful, but that's not a scumtell.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 20, 2009, 09:48:04 am »

After fighting off LurkerLynchings and UselessTownieLynchings, I finally adopted a Policy issue of my own.

It's not all policy though.  If Arch follows it then I'll be able to read him properly and thus continue normal scumhunting.  If not, I'll move on, figure out everyone else, then wipe him off the map.
I KNEW IT!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 20, 2009, 10:22:42 am »

...sounds hard.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 20, 2009, 10:58:52 am »

...sounds hard.

It is, but if you try hard I'm sure you'll pick up the basics pretty quickly--and don't worry if you're horrible at first.  I'm still pretty damned lousy town, myself.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 20, 2009, 11:10:31 am »

Doing the act itself really isn't once you get over the initial "I don't want to do it wrong" feeling.  All you need to do is look at everyone (use the list of players on the first page) and go "how do I feel about them." 

If all of them end up as "Town" or "I don't know" then you're at Step 1: pick randomly and throw something at them, even if it's BS.

If you see one or two (or even all) as anything more..even if it's "I don't like his avatar" or "he was scum last game.." do Step 2: vote for them, attack them with a real accusation.  Even if it's "My gut thinks your scum".

If you see one and go "Yah, he's scum", it's Step 3: solidify your case and gather evidence against them.

Then finally Step 4: Show the town why they need to kill that man.

Doing that is easy once you stop trying to 'do it right' and just try.  Actually catching SCUM with it is the raw mess that makes this game interesting.
I KNEW IT!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 50